Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Suggestions for fixing the game's popularity:

I know the game is extremely popular right now but we're having a problem in my area I can't get the game the sell effectively because people don't like how it just seems like" musket firing"! so I'm going to put up a few card ideas and see what you think? It is called a "Quick ability", and you play it from your "HAND" at any time by paying it's resource cost! We don't even have to change the game's engine. just introduce a new card mechanic!
    (New card design)-Quick ability.
    ALLIANCE- Neutral.
    NAME-Flash Fire.
    COST-2.
    EFFECT- when target player is attempting to play an item/ or support from his/ her hand. You can pay this cards resource cost to "Stop" that activation. Send that card to the correct discard pile.

(New card design)-Quick ability.
    ALLIANCE-Neutral.
    NAME-Baaaaaaarricaaaade!
    COST-3
    EFFECT-All damage done by battle is reduced to "0", until the end of your next turn.

(New hero design)-Fishfin(Fish People).
    ALLIANCE-Shadow, Fishfin.
    NAME-Zai'rak Mazaar.
    COST, AND EFFECT-(4) shadow counters=Add one "Fishfin" Ability or Item card from your deck to your hand.
    HEALTH-26.

(New hero design)-Elf.
    ALLIANCE-Human, Elf.
    NAME-Elare Castleborn.
    COST, AND EFFECT-3.
    HEALTH-28.

Obviously these are designed to help speed up the game just a little bit in between turns. reason for that is a lot of players too slow, and they don't like how you can't do anything at all during their turns unless you play a certain type of back which is hunters. This is just a new suggestion to get the game on the roll... I just thought of a new idea why don't we all use my suggestion as a lead? put in at least 200 more ideas following this lead, then the administrators can choose the best out of these to create a whole new set!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Suggestions for fixing the game's popularity:

I am pretty sure Design Team stated Shadow Era won't have this type of cards. And implementing it would require major engine change as that behavior is not supported at all at the moment. Not to mention it would probably be a nightmare to sync all actions of players in digital game. Essentially your turn is only your turn, and your opponents is just his/hers. Besides SE already has cards with similar effects and those are traps. So you can tell your friends to try hunter class I may also add that allowing all classes to have cards with similar mechanic would take a lot from flavor of hunters.
    Last edited by Veles; 12-30-2013 at 06:15 PM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's been mentioned a few times that the game is designed around not using interrupts. Adding cards like this would require an engine update, and 'just introduce a card mechanic', by definition means updating the engine. Also your elf idea doesn't include an ability. Fishfins and mermaids could be a good neutral ally idea, but the suggested hero ability would be hard to shuffle through your whole deck in the digital format, requiring an additional engine update.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I'm curious on how its a "musket firing"?
    Its not a point in the general area and fire hoping you killed that aldon.
    Its a ok...this is what I can do and can't do..kinda deal. Like a sniper. Cant shoot around five corners. But head shots win

Edit. Not trying to be mean it just threw me off

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    mermaids are gay

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by plaidman View Post
    but the suggested hero ability would be hard to shuffle through your whole deck in the digital format, requiring an additional engine update.
    not really, the new expansion will have a hero which has that ability.Aramia which has been part of the spoilers
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    that's like counterspells in mtg.
    IGN: BP Darkenheart

The Vengeful Ghost of Dark Helm's Past
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good thing he's "Fishfin" you 1st grader huh?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1st- Its not my friends.
    2nd- In order to make a card game "ACTUALLY" fun. You have to allow any, and all possibilities of "DIVERSITY". Because if you don't, you're trying to control everybody in the world! That is how "CONVENIENCE" works...
    3rd- It is always a great thing to have realistic interrupts in your game! So long as they are not "GAME DESTROYERS". These are not.
    And
    4th- These would be helpful to the "HUNDREDS" of "CUSTOMERS" not "FRIENDS" who continuously compare this game to Magic The Gathering in my area... I am currently the only seller attempting to sell this game in the Tennessee, Georgia, Allabama, and Ohio areas... So you can imagine how frustrating it is that my sells are going incredibly slow!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Dunno, mmdoc and hearthstone are both very popular and have no interupts either. I honestly don't think it's necessary. However, having more traps in the game and for more classes wouldn't hurt either.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.