Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Forgiveness bug?

I had 7 resources and I played a forgiveness. I got an Aeon back and I was able to play it on the same turn. Is this a bug or forgiveness is designed to work like that?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That doesn't sound right. Unless it's related to the whole "where are resources spent from" thing, like with Shriek of Vengeance a while back. Perhaps what is happening is that Forgiveness is taking 1 total resource from your 7 total (7 down to 6 total resources, 7 down to 5 useable resources; or 7/7 resources becomes 5/6 resources), but then the new resource it creates is adding to both your total resources as well as useable ones (5/6 resources is becoming 6/7 resources). Not sure that it's supposed to work that way, never really used the card to notice if it always did that.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd say tman hit the nail on the head. Forgiveness requires 2 resources to use, but after all the effects have run their course, it really only uses one resource since it removes one of the used ones and gives you a fresh one back.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Actually, as you are removing a card from the resource pile, I think if you are at 7 resources, one shouldbe at 5 after playing Forgiveness.

Forgiveness should spend 2 resources for the casting cost dropping you to 5. You then remove an additional resource due to adding the bottom card to your hand, dropping you down to 4, but only to be replaced immediately with a placeholder which bumps you back to 5.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Dark View Post
    Actually, as you are removing a card from the resource pile, I think if you are at 7 resources, one shouldbe at 5 after playing Forgiveness.

Forgiveness should spend 2 resources for the casting cost dropping you to 5. You then remove an additional resource due to adding the bottom card to your hand, dropping you down to 4, but only to be replaced immediately with a placeholder which bumps you back to 5.
    I agree with Kaos. This was my understanding of the card.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kaos description was my understanding on the card as well, but what the OP describes is explained by my original explanation. Like I said, it might not be working correctly just as Shriek had a problem with destroying the resource from the wrong place when used.

Or who knows, maybe the OP description is how Forgiveness is supposed to work, maybe it didn't before and fixing that led to the Shriek thing.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think it is supposed to work like this, you pay 2 rescources for the use so you got 5/7 remaining. the game removes the rescource and gives it as card to you (the aoen) The bottom rescources get used first, so you now have 5/6. Then forgiveness supplies you with another rescource which is unused (so it becomes 6/7) and this is what happened.

The same thing happens with Stop Thief basicly, you pay 4 rescources, and you get 1 unused fresh rescource.

*note* i might be wrong, but this seems the most logic description to me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Markmasters View Post
    I think it is supposed to work like this, you pay 2 rescources for the use so you got 5/7 remaining. the game removes the rescource and gives it as card to you (the aoen) The bottom rescources get used first, so you now have 5/6. Then forgiveness supplies you with another rescource which is unused (so it becomes 6/7) and this is what happened.

The same thing happens with Stop Thief basicly, you pay 4 rescources, and you get 1 unused fresh rescource.

*note* i might be wrong, but this seems the most logic description to me
    I think your right.