Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

My attachment driven Elementalis deck

I am quitting this game, at least until Linux client comes along. I've decided that there are developers more deserving of my money.

As a farewell gift to the community, here is my attachment based Elementalis deck, very strong, but not yet completely finalized. I was playing in 300-310 range with it, my rating depending mostly on number of freezes and disconnects. The deck is not very easy to play, but provides relatively consistent results, if word "consistent" can be used with anything related to Elementalis.

Allies:
    3x Fire Snake
    1x Hellsteed
    3x Ironhide Karash
    2x Carniboar
    2x Infernal Gargoyle
    4x Morbid Acolyte
    2x Death Mage Thaddeus
    4x Xar Modulator
    2x Wulven Tracker

Abilities:
    1x Shriek of Vengeance
    1x Acid Jet
    2x Mindless Ferocity
    3x Bloodthirsty
    1x Flesh Infusion
    2x Life Infusion
    1x Assumed Command
    1x Energy Discharge

Weapons and armor:
    3x Dimension Ripper
    1x Breastplate of Vitality
    2x Morphic Armor

As usual with Elementalis, the idea is to take the board and never let it go. That doesn't mean that you cannot retake the lost board, but it's definitely hard. Don't count too much on that single energy discharge, it is there mostly for the opponents who play Aion or more commonly worm then Aion, that way you remove their expensive fatties off the board and keep pounding the hero.
    Getting draw is not going to be easy, so be responsible with your cards and look for optimum times to play your draw cards or you'll be top decking often. Don't rush to spend your shadow energy, especially against opponents with easy ally removal. Whenever possible, try to make more threats on the board instead of boosting fewer allies. Attachments are the key to winning, Xar recycles them.
    Keep in mind that you need to be able to kill the first ally opponent puts on board, so count that you'll need to be able to do 3 damage on opponent's 2nd turn and 4 on 3rd turn (5 if opponent is shadow). That makes difference if you're going to play that Fire Snake on turn 1 or just sacrifice it.

Good matchups: Baduruu (all wins, snare traps and HBM usually perform poorly against this deck) and all other rangers, Zaladar, thieves
    Medium: wolven, mages (most of the time they go down easy and combination of my tough to kill allies and dimension ripper really hurts them, but every now and then Eladwen will rush you instead of the other way around and Nishaven can be a pain).
    Bad matchups: Zhanna, human warriors, you'll need some luck to beat them, but you have the tools.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sad to see another veteran leaving. Nice deck, diverse ally selection, very toolbox feel with the 1 ofs and 2 ofs. Though I'll go with 4x Gargoyle, 2x MA as a matter of personal preference
    IGN: A1 ShadowBeast

I'm interested in seeing how you plan to kill a shadow

MY COTC DECKS
    Nishaven Hybrid

MY DP DECKS
    FT Trollers #1 Baduruu Shutdown

Ter Stripper

Serena the Card Sharp

A1:Evolution in Theory