Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Brutalis vs. Karash

I used to think that Karash was hands down the better card. In fact, I thought Brutalis was trash.

But, I'm starting to come around.

The more I play Karash the more squishy he feels to me. He's either dying to a Puwen and Aldon combo or Banebow or Zaladar's blast most of the time. I do love him vs. Lance as he does a great job taking down those ankle breakers. But, other than that matchup I don't find him that amazing anymore.

Brutalis on the other hand will at least do 1 damage to Puwen and then another on his own turn. And can't be taken out by Banebow or Zaladar's ability alone. He's beefier. And even though his damage output is anemic, it's still better than the zero you often get out of Karash.

I don't know, I'm going against the general consensus around here, but, I'm thinking that Brutalis is a better card most of the time.

What say you?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think each has its own use. I prefer a card that will survive longer and has more use. For me, the card is karesh simply because of the fact it can slowly bring down durability and that most allies in current set has 2 attack
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In QM I find Karash better, in a tournament setting it is deffinatly worth thinking about playing Brute.
    Expect the Unexpected! - TJs worst writer.

For the player I am now, I would like to thank:

Busti: For always chatting and helping me out.
    Bluejet24: For giving me the chance to join TJ when I was just a noob.
    Raphael Majere: For simply being the best in every way possible.

IGN: TJ PaleStitch

Formerly known as Barcafan.

I am a avid streamer, come check it out! www.twitch.tv/palestitch

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I am trying dark flayer. I like the defender ability.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Karash is better here is why

When Brutalis is better than karash:
    1- Early game to survive Puwen/Aldon Combo when going second

2- To survive Zaladar, banebow, mage abilitis

so Brutalis is better only, if you want 100% survivality of you 2cc ally for your opponent 3 turn... And even if he survive, who cares about him except if you are playing elementalis

Why Karash is better:

1- Puwen/Aldon combo is only in human...So he will survive all shadow allies thats 50%, and some human plays CoL, and other times, people play puwen/aldon, may not have aldon..So we can say its survival rate is 75% compared to Brutalis 100%

2- Early game when going first.. As Karash/DMT combo is the same as Puwen/Aldon combo, and will kill human Puwen, But Brutalis when going first is useless, as Brutalis/DMT cant kill Puwen

3- Mid game...Brutalis is useless harmless creautre middle game unless you play Elementalis.. he is a dead drop to you.. But at 5 cc turn which is better Gargoyle + Karash (Awesome combo) vs (Gargolyle + Brualtis combo > useless combo

4- Middle game again, he rocks compared to brutalis.this time in weapons.. All weapons are 2 or less in attack.. even if they get boosted, its only for one turn - except the OP Amber which i hate- So Any hero uses a weapon in all shadow era up to date, will not be able to touch karash and he have to kill him by another way..and if he used a boosted weapon to kill karash, that would be awesome, he wasted the 3 turn waiting to charge his weapon to kill a 2 cc..wow .So not only Karash survive weapons, it can decrease durability and destroy weapons..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Both have their uses, but part of the reason for Karash's popularity is the prevalence of 3 cost allies with 5 health (or 5 virtual health like Gargoyle). This means it's much easier to combo into the kill zone with Karash as opposed to Brutalis. Sure Brute is more survivable in many cases, but his lack of offensive potential makes it harder for you to take the board.

One other thing, given that everyone uses Karash as a 2 drop Brutalis is worthless vs him. At least two Karash are in a stalemate, one can't hurt the other. With Brute vs Karash, Brute will fall over dead leaving you without a 2 drop. (Especially if your opp drops Karash/Gargoyle).
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That is unfortunately Karash's weakness. If you are going first and have a DMT in your hand, then Puwen+Aldon shouldn't be any issue to deal with as the Puwen will die before it can make any strike. A second aspect is the fact that he has 2 attack which can make or break a kill.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

I miss you here, where are you now, an angel in the sky?
    Your visit here has been too short, you left to be set free.
    But I believe we'll meet again, and together we will stay.
    -From Afterlife by Gamma Ray
    In memoriam for A1 Caitlyn0. Rest in peace my Queen.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    After careful thought, and taking into consideration all arguments made earlier....I mongoosey, do declare Karesh to be the winner.

And whoever stated Dark flayer, needs to be summarily executed for treason.
    "I'll have you know I have the reflexes of a cat, and the speed of a mongoose"

LEGEND of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Recent accolades: season 5, finalist (top 8). UK streetfigher, Conquerors Bane runner-up.
    Immortalised as Flavour Winner for "Smoke Screen". Conceal, Confuse, and Obscure.

Link to irc: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/gamechat/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    my ally split in each resource curve is just depending on i am first or second .. in t2 first is carniboar and karash but second brut and karash
    conclusion : in early game if u r second u need allies hard to be killed , if second u need allies who have powerful attack as abilities or base attack
    Last edited by ragosonos; 12-29-2013 at 03:43 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Brutalis is good for tech matches like Amber/Badu/DC to soak up the damage. He s ok vs Zal but Karash is better for taking out Garg easier. In most other cases I d pick Karash any day.
    Nerull7 - Backhand of Justice
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Nerull7 | Our Guild | Watch Epic BP Games: | 1 | 2 | 3 |
    Talk less crap, do more for community