Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Palestitch View Post
    I might copy this idea for some streaming if you dont mind.
    Please go ahead. Fun to see what you cook up.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfCroft View Post
    What's your rating? Sub 270 should be cake to get a 5 win streak with elad! Unless the rumors are true....and you do indeed suck
    It is true that I suck but I didn't know there were rumors flying around about it. I started this experiment at 280 but am below 270 now. Last time I played Elad she took me from around 290 to somewhere above 300 so easy that I felt filthy doing it but this time I am really struggling.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lol, the meta is gearing towards stopping the multitude of Elads playing for high score. If u really want to challenge yourself, try 5 win streak with Victor...
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahiri View Post
    Or his deck isn't good.
    I'm 280 rating and I just had a 5 wins streak, it's absolutely doable because it's a very good hero, with a great pool of cards.
    For exemple I use 3x Armored Sandworm that is almost autowin against rogues (it counter Anklebraker), but without it it's not easy to deal with Lance and Serena. Deckbuilding is as important as the hero and, obviously, player's skill.

So my suggestion for Stefan K is to spend some more time in tuning the deck
    My deck is definately part of it. I am changing it and tweaking it all the time (as that is part of this experiment). I havet tried rush and control and read up on strategy to find influences so its just finding the right proportions and play the deck that correctly attacks the current meta at my rating. Right now I'm trying to build a more aggressive control deck with a better possibility to death race if need be. We'll see how it goes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice idea! I am trying something similar to fill the void until expansion is out. Trying out play styles I usually don't find myself in like pure rush or stall. Had a lot of fun with Lay Low Lance . But my criteria is not win streak but fun. Right now I am playing Jericho. He is such pimp.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I did it! It took 121 games but I can finally move on.

I started playing a rush variant but wasn't really happy with my very poor performance so I tried to build a control deck instead. I kept losing a lot but in the end I think I learned from it and built a pretty decent deck. I started to get some 4 game win streaks but always ran into a skilled Amber, Banebow or Majiya so I started playing rush again, making that deck better and more streamlined. In the end I decided that the control deck is the best of them but the rush deck gives much quicker games so I started playing the rush deck until I got a 3 game win streak and then switched to the control deck and that way I finally reached my goal.

I started this experiment on a rating of 280 and finished it at 271. I won 61 games, drew 3 and lost 57. Below are statistics for my results versus each different opposing hero:

Boris 6-0-2
    Amber 2-1-5 (one of the hardest opponents for both of my decks)
    Victor 1-1-0
    Gwen 1-0-1
    Nishaven 4-0-1
    Eladwen 5-0-7 (most of the losses I got early in the procedure and I like to think of the positive development as if I have become a better Eladwen player)
    Jericho 3-0-1
    Zhanna 2-0-2
    Lance 3-0-2
    Serena 1-0-2
    Ter 1-0-0
    Logan 0-0-1 (the only hero I have 100% lose statistics against, Logan is op)
    Banebow 2-0-5 (the other tough opponent for both decks)
    Baduruu 3-0-2
    Majiya 3-1-5 (and my third nemesis)
    Gravebone 4-0-2
    Darkclaw 3-0-3
    Moonstalker 2-0-5
    Elementalis 5-0-5
    Zaladar 10-0-6 (lots of Zaladars in the meta at my rating right now)

Here is the rush deck I ended up with:

And here is the finalized control deck:

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Time to roll the dice again! 9 - still on the human side. Probably a priest or maybe a rogue. Lets see.. Oh, its Lance. Good, I have never really played Lance seriously since his sister Serena is my favorite hero. This will be educating and fun and hopefully I will make him work somehow, shouldn't be the hardest possible pick.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lance is a good hero, not tier 1, but you can definitely win games with him.
    You are quite lucky with the dice till now
    If it took 121 to make it with Eladwen, I wanna see you with Logan (which we know is op, now :P )!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good luck on your Lance adventure!
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahiri View Post
    Lance is a good hero, not tier 1, but you can definitely win games with him.
    You are quite lucky with the dice till now
    If it took 121 to make it with Eladwen, I wanna see you with Logan (which we know is op, now :P )!
    I would probably make it fewer than 121 since I have played Logan a lot and I think he is underrated. Not close to tier 1 but not the worst either. 121 sounds like an awful lot of games (pretty awkward) but if you think of it it is pretty hard to get that uninterrupted winning streak going.