Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Yes, this is a nice deck. Sometimes 8 weapons is not enough in my experience, so I would actually add in a couple of WBT anyway. What would I drop? Well, I think I'd just run 42 cards. You have so much draw in here and the perfect start is not critical to the success as long as you find a weapon by turn 5.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    when facing decks that runs lots of allies allies will take out your weapons dura very fast and u will wait some turns with no weapons .. i tried a similar deck and this was my conclusion .. u need wbt in anyyyy solo darc claw or add another 4 sabre to the deck ... this card is useful for alr and enrage not only for damage....

i am a big fan of darkclaw and tried lots of defensive and offensive ideas and sabre and wbt is best 2 weapons for darkclaw

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Yes, this is a nice deck. Sometimes 8 weapons is not enough in my experience, so I would actually add in a couple of WBT anyway. What would I drop? Well, I think I'd just run 42 cards. You have so much draw in here and the perfect start is not critical to the success as long as you find a weapon by turn 5.
    nice!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    The problem is increasing number of your deck, siginificantly decrease the odds of getting speedstrike and reduce as well the ability to replace a speedstrike if it was removed from you..
    Speedstrike is more important than any weapon in the deck..and people run attachment removal.which is Drakclaw biggest fear..
    So have a huge draw power in the slimmest deck possible, decrease the odds of not getting speed strike and in the same time ensures that you get a decent weapon all time..
    When I want to see a weapon in my hand, i want to see FOP and JD and decrease the odd of any other weapon..
    Remember, weapons with Darkclaw is like strong fire balls.. It means I make it enter play and boost it at same time, and do severe damage at same point. So even if he destroyed my weapon, he destroyed it after its durability already decreased and most importantly i already hurted his hero.

By the way I never got short of weapons, i even sacrifice a weapon some time. Even when playing aganist Ter Aden,i dont fear lack of weapons because he destroyes my weapon after i damaged him..
    But I can get short of SpeedStrike, especially if it gets removed..So I dont fear lack of weapons, but i fear lack of speedstrikes
    As a matter of fact 3 sometimes 4 weapons is enough to finish the game. You have also hunters to finish the game
    Last edited by Rivozzz; 12-20-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ragosonos View Post
    when facing decks that runs lots of allies allies will take out your weapons dura very fast and u will wait some turns with no weapons .. i tried a similar deck and this was my conclusion .. u need wbt in anyyyy solo darc claw or add another 4 sabre to the deck ... this card is useful for alr and enrage not only for damage....

i am a big fan of darkclaw and tried lots of defensive and offensive ideas and sabre and wbt is best 2 weapons for darkclaw
    I said why in my post why I choose JD and FOP over WBT and SS...I wrote a big stuff on that, and i explained why in detalis

Darkclaw doesnt need much weapons.. As with huge draw power, he can always have weapons in his hands. plus the effectiveness of weapons increase by shadow font.
    Remember that, by the game should end 7-10 turns in best cases,,There will be no much allies before that time.. and you have 8 stalling cards NYM and CP as well as killing them when they attack you after having a boosted ally. You also have 2 full moon..
    And you dont need much weapons to finish the game.. 3 weapons can do it + maybe a lightning wolf finisher.. and with huge draw power you always have plenty of weapons in your hands in fact

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just wanted to add and ensure, the weakness in Darkclaw is its dependence on speedstrike..if you didn't get it in starting hand or a little later, you are doomed
    He has a lot of powerful weapons, but I wish he had 5 or 6 speedstrikes, so that it is always present and you never have to dig for it

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice deck, I generally agree with everything that you stated in this. Darkclaw really needs speedstrike, that is just a fact. In my main Darkclaw deck (which looks quite similair) I run 4x bad santa. This is for 2 reasons. First is because if you go first, the ability to santa bomb is super important as you have said, you need to draw a speed strike. Second is that if the game is close (which for DC it almost always is because of "that point" where you just go for the throat), you can search for crucial parts. (weapon search, speedstrike search, fullmoon/rain delay, shadowfont) What do you think about that? I just think that 4x bloodmoon is not enough. This is all, of course, my own opinion as a fellow Darkclaw player. He was my first hero too
    ""You may say that I am weak in solitude when you challenge me, but I am never alone. Once the battle starts, you will realize that isolation is not something I fear.""

Proud member of Looking for Guild
    IGN: recluse

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by recluse View Post
    Nice deck, I generally agree with everything that you stated in this. Darkclaw really needs speedstrike, that is just a fact. In my main Darkclaw deck (which looks quite similair) I run 4x bad santa. This is for 2 reasons. First is because if you go first, the ability to santa bomb is super important as you have said, you need to draw a speed strike. Second is that if the game is close (which for DC it almost always is because of "that point" where you just go for the throat), you can search for crucial parts. (weapon search, speedstrike search, fullmoon/rain delay, shadowfont) What do you think about that? I just think that 4x bloodmoon is not enough. This is all, of course, my own opinion as a fellow Darkclaw player. He was my first hero too
    I beg your pardon..I am not quite sure understand what you want to include..
    We are facing a curse which affect solo or weapon dependent heroes. All heroes which gets a weapon boost, lasts for one turn only except for the over powered amber which gets 2 forever, that's why she doesn't need speedstrike and can do well alone
    But look at Gwen, Darkclaw.. Weapon dependant heroes are slaves to double attack attachment or they are useless heroes alone, as their boost fade after one turn
    Serena I believe was more lucky..her ability is only for one turn, but it has a weapon which make her attack 4 targets while boosted
    And I believe you can't restrict a hero to a card...Amber, serena have many strategy and many possibilities as they work alone
    But they crippled much Gwen and Darkclaw, forcing them to use only an one single attachment or they are worthless

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey Rivozzz,
    Super uber great deck! I love the fast finishing part about it.
    BP Karlos4

Preceptor of Dice
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Glad you enjoyed