Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Talking READ ME: Alternate Art Cards

Well shadowera finally sent out emails on Kickstarter for our email account and alternate art votes. I'm here to suggest certain cards that should have alternate arts. And also to talk about things to consider.

Things to Consider

1. Pick a card that will last on the board for more than a second. We want to appreciate the art. So do not pick shriek of vengeance.
    2. Do not pick an attachment. Seriously you won't even see the card.
    3. Do not pick a card where the alt art will be similar to original. Ex. Fireball and Tidal Wave. There are only so much ways you can draw them.
    4. Pick a card that is easily accessible to all human and shadows. Meaning do not pick class specific. You want it to be in every possible deck.
    5. Do not pick Aldon the Brave, Aeon Stormcaller, Death mage Thaddeus and Kairos Doombringer because they will have alternate art in the CotC Anthology Decks that comes with every backer.
    5. Last but not the least, PICK JASMINE. because (do I even have to explain?)

So my choices are
    1. Jasmine
    2. Armored Sandworm
    3. Ironhide Karesh
    4. Infernal Gargoyle
    5. Shadow Knight
    Last edited by Jo3yb0i; 12-18-2013 at 05:37 AM.
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Change Aldon and Aeon. Seriously, how many people are forgetting that those guys are already getting alt arts in the Anthology decks, and I don't think there's any point in giving those guys 3 artworks.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I went with the same basic rules, but, I added in put cards in that are hard to get and/or expensive to buy. (for us poor folks out there)

Scourge
    Karlstrad
    Olgoth
    Rotham's
    Madelain's

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Heck, I don't even care about Olgoth, Rotham's or Madelains...

But, if you want to vote for Scourge or Karlstraad out of pity for folks with no Legendaries I won't mind....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    Change Aldon and Aeon. Seriously, how many people are forgetting that those guys are already getting alt arts in the Anthology decks, and I don't think there's any point in giving those guys 3 artworks.
    Your right I will edit main post
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Could a SE member please clarify for me please:

Is the survey in regards to the 70 K stretch goal? Just unsure as the stretch goal mentioned alternative arts for CotC, DP and SF... and obviously shattered fates is not out so we couldn't be voting on cards for the next generation.

"And now for some more exclusive stuff! Now that we met the $70k funded level, all backers will get 20 alternate art cards, from any previous set, determined by popular vote. Maybe you want a more overpowered Firesnake, or maybe you would prefer to see Jasmine from a different angle? It's up to the backers to pick which cards our top artists will recreate! These cards will be exclusive, meaning they won't be found in booster packs or for sale in the merchant."

Also just double checking this has nothing to do with the "pick your card for every $10 pledged". As I imagine this would only come about after the Shattered Fates cards are released

"For every $10 you pledge, you'll get to pick a non-exclusive card from Call of the Crystals, Dark Prophecies or Shattered Fates to add to your library. For example, at the $30 reward level you'll get to pick 3 cards. Maybe you want a certain foil hero, or a foil Legendary? As long as it's a non-exclusive card (found in booster packs), it's no problem!"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Davis View Post
    I went with the same basic rules, but, I added in put cards in that are hard to get and/or expensive to buy. (for us poor folks out there)

Scourge
    Karlstrad
    Olgoth
    Rotham's
    Madelain's
    I added:
    Scourge Colossus
    Karlstrad
    Rothem's Visage

So I've done my bit to assist others.

Couldn't deny listing a new alt art of Jasmine though
    Last edited by ShrapnelFox; 12-18-2013 at 06:15 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I want dat alt art Dimension ripper!
    I AM THE FRICKIN' ARCH-MAGE OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!
    Have a sword in your face!

God damn these facts getting in the way of my succes!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo3yb0i
    1. Pick a card that will last on the board for more than a second. We want to appreciate the art. So do not pick shriek of vengeance.
    Another one you shouldn't pick when keeping this in mind is Snare Trap. That card appears quickly and then never appears again, lol.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I say pick whatever you want, its your choice!

Was actually quite hard for me to choose, but in the end I did stick with allies:

Firesnake
    Shadow Knight
    Armored Sandworm
    Infernal Gargoyle
    Plasma Behemoth

Even though I'd like to see some alt art stuff like Jeweler's Dream or Mind Control (for examples), allies and heroes are probably better for this sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ShrapnelFox View Post
    Could a SE member please clarify for me please:

Is the survey in regards to the 70 K stretch goal? Just unsure as the stretch goal mentioned alternative arts for CotC, DP and SF... and obviously shattered fates is not out so we couldn't be voting on cards for the next generation.

"And now for some more exclusive stuff! Now that we met the $70k funded level, all backers will get 20 alternate art cards, from any previous set, determined by popular vote. Maybe you want a more overpowered Firesnake, or maybe you would prefer to see Jasmine from a different angle? It's up to the backers to pick which cards our top artists will recreate! These cards will be exclusive, meaning they won't be found in booster packs or for sale in the merchant."

Also just double checking this has nothing to do with the "pick your card for every $10 pledged". As I imagine this would only come about after the Shattered Fates cards are released

"For every $10 you pledge, you'll get to pick a non-exclusive card from Call of the Crystals, Dark Prophecies or Shattered Fates to add to your library. For example, at the $30 reward level you'll get to pick 3 cards. Maybe you want a certain foil hero, or a foil Legendary? As long as it's a non-exclusive card (found in booster packs), it's no problem!"
    No this has nothing to do with that, you'll get that one later. Considering it mentions you can choose Shattered Fates cards, its likely that you won't get to choose until its released.
    Last edited by Demnchi; 12-18-2013 at 06:11 AM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel