Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcansmash View Post
    Also, have you given thought to Yari Spearmen? That protector status forces your opponent to overextend, and at 4 toughness its like a mini stormcaller. Buffs up with others around. Recursion with crypt or sk is pretty sick too. Your opponent will be hard pressed to remove your creatures. Crypt and 2x yari is almost as bad as ep and stormcaller if not worst.
    I have Yari in the Logan deck. For me, anything less that 4 Yari is not optimal. But I think it's a good idea and I will try it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    And aldmor conduit, I tested: just kills me faster when playing vs mages: instead of using their SE (elad, maj, nish, gb) they simply choose to draw more burn (and don't cast allies at all: no allies = adun cannot heal from rampage) and burn my adun's ass off. Ss armor cannot stop burn, and adun has no spelleater bands.
    Does this Aldmor Conduit drawback occur only vs mages?
    if it does, u know the answer
    INDO Language Sub-Forum

[SF]Solo Nish/Loest
    Ythan Redthorn, Rush of the Twilight Deck
    Zaladar, Alpha Strike Deck
    Bloodfang, Howl of the Pack Deck

Eyes of the Phoenix
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Dragon
    Favorite SE activity: Meltdown & Deck-Building
    Favorite Card: Anklebreaker
    Favorite Hero: Majiya

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I have Yari in the Logan deck. For me, anything less that 4 Yari is not optimal. But I think it's a good idea and I will try it.
    Yari vs Cobra demon.

Tested. I still like cobra better. for anyone playing this deck, yari is not bad, maybe - 2 or 1 Cobra + 2 or 1 yari is ok.

Cobra helps me to win from a losing position. Yari can't do that. But yari can help me win better, or strengthen a 'soft' hold on board into a stronger one, leading to a win; preventing my opponent from swinging the game to his advantage.

i prefer to have the option of being able to win from a losing position.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    http://www.shadowera.com/member.php?67334-Ururt

Ururt, one of the new members of BP has some good questions:

Ok more serious. I made a Rothem deck for this competition too, but used quite a lot of different cards. I'm having troubles so I've been studying yours and want to know more about why/how you use the different cards.

First question. You only got crippling blow for t2, isn't that kinda bad? (it's a broad newbie question, how bad is it to do nothing on your t2?).

Your basically letting your opponent get board and you got a sort of board wipe in Furion Terror + Dragon's Tooth?

I've yet to play a game where I didn't actually use most of my SE anyways, how do you use your cobra demon, actively or just passively?

I've been using Jeweller's Dream a lot. Your selection of allies is even more suited for this than mine are (t8 you could drop double furion terror for example for a complete boardwipe) Any specific reasons not to use it? To me it kinda seem like a compliment to Rothem, or do you not draw enough cards for it to be interesting?
    Re question 1: I don't have IK or a t2 drop because they die too easily. Adun's ability cannot affect the opponent's allies: which means he needs to deal with opponent's allies with cards, and hence he cannot keep his 2 cc allies alive better than other heroes (Zal, BB, Maj, Amber, Boris, Ele, etc, etc)

He also does not have sufficient effective ally control cards to keep his 2 cc allies alive (adun only has CB and shield bash is just crap most of the time): unlike GB/mages with burn, human heroes with retreat and sedu, etc.

Hence, the idea is to win the game late: via Rotherm and never allowing the opponent to gain too much of the board and yes, cards like FT and DT helps a lot so does BF. In terms of BF, the idea is that eventually, Adun will be able to have a comparative faster card draw as compared to his opponent who needs to rely on items for draw (WotF, IGG, Bazaar, Tome, Etc, etc)

In the late game, more cards drawn over a significant number of turns = a win, especially if the opponent does not have a board wipe. spot ally removal by the opponent like CB, FB, CP, CF will stop 1 ally, but if adun can try to drop 2 allies per turn (SKs help too), adun will eventually win.

Cobra demon: active or passive?

It's both. For example, vs opposing heroes with absolute reliance on items (all-weapon based heroes, Lance's igg, hunters/wulven with WotF, portal Maj, etc), Cobra demon is an auto-sac because the need to destroy items > the usefulness of Cobra demon.

Cobra demon has won me games so hence demon is definitely active in those cases.

It's a form of direct damage. Like dmt. Which means it does not need to be in combat in order to deal damage.

It also allows me to use the unused SE from adun.

The defender function is also nice. It almost guarantees some form of damage to my opponent's ally. It can also potentially hurt 2 allies in a single turn, like a weaker form of pb. (Rotherm allows cobra to deal dmg to 2 allies when hasted)

Sure, it may be a little clunky at times, but I have also see my opponents using clunky methods just to get rid of it, due to it's awkward 5 life.

It has won me games (which other allies can't do the same) , but yeah sure it's not the best ally out there.

When I know I definitely need the SE for item-d, like vs baduruu, maj, zhanna, the cobra is almost always an auto sac.
    Re JD: it's a great card but It's not a life saver. When one is losing with adun, drawing a JD won't help me to turn the tide. Another weapon will, and that is Sabre.

If I can remove the CB/CP on a SK, that can help me to swing the game since the SK can attack on the same turn and on subsequent turns.

That why JD is so dangerous with Amber: She draws a ton with BS/BF and the resource allocation allows amber to place so many threats on the board and/or nulify threats at a fast pace that the opponent cannot recover from amber's strong mid-game position.

The same cannot be said for adun.

1. His draw sucks without BF.
    2. His ability cannot affect the opponent's allies and the opponent can 'by-pass' being affected by adun by simply not playing items.
    3. Adun's available cards in the card pool to affect allies comparatively sucks: he has no access to sedu, for example. Another example is that Adun's CB can be removed or nullified by cards like Sever ties or A legend rises (gasp!) or Mass Puri (Double Gasp!!)

and thus, while a t3 BF and t4 JD is super for adun with FTA, the chances of that happening is low, plus the combo is far stronger as amber than adun. The card of choice here would be the sabre, since sabre is good even when going second or going first. (using a t4 sabre of opponent's t3 BF for example)
    Last edited by Raphael Majere; 02-09-2014 at 07:00 PM.