Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The point was that every single point you made was negative; and, additionally, you had no improvements or alterations to suggest. The overall tone of your post was hypercritical and frankly, it just sounded bitchy. I applaud anyone for taking the time to come up w suggestions for the game and I voice my very poor opinion to any who have nothing but criticisms.

The summation of your post where you told the OP that his suggestions were "...unsuitable", along with the rest of your post, which was quite negative overall, is not somehow made more civil by tacking on a "no offense to you personally" at the end of the post.

You know what I find "unsuitable"? A player of one week shooting down a bunch of ideas with points which aren't very cogent (to be discovered upon playing the game more than a week) and then not even offering improvements or suggestions. My main gripe with your post is represented best in your response to idea #2, where you took on the tone that it was a stupid idea to have a card that did nothing but provide a resource upon playing it, and then acting intellectually superior with your "how about this: on your turn, just SACRIFICE it!!" When, in reality, it was a good idea, and does serve a wholly different purpose than simply sacrificing it. However, with your vast experience of a week's play, you belittled the idea as though it was useless.

Sorry if I used a bad word to describe your post. Most of the posters here can handle the verb "bitch" without becoming offended.

Here, you seemed to think this made it better, so in regards to my first post to you as well as this one: No offense to you personally. I have nothing against you or anything. Your ideas are just all bad and/or wrong.
    Last edited by BlanketEffect; 04-15-2011 at 04:42 AM.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ThorFolklore View Post
    First of all, I don't play Priests so I'm not the most qualified person to comment on this but I still have some things to clarify with you.

1. "Zhanna Mist's ability should be able to heal allies even if it means lowering it to 2 health". What is "it"? Who are you lowering to 2 HP? It wouldn't make sense to heal an ally and then lower it to 2HP. Say you're healing an Aeon who is at 5 HP. From what I gather, you're suggesting healing him (to 8 HP) and then lowering his HP to 2. Say what???

Priest-only ally ideas:

1. This card will make the Priest class' base HP of 26 totally useless! Why not just up their HP to 30 then since this card will be an auto-include in Priest decks? Any health gain that the Priest gets must not be permanent. It can just last for a few turns or go away when this card is sent to the graveyard. A more viable option would be to make the 1 extra health a heal, as in "When played, your hero heals 1 health".

2. A 3 drop that has 2 atk, 4 HP, AND grants your hero 3 extra HP PERMANENTLY??? So it's like a tank and it makes your hero a tank since it's ability far outweighs other 3 drop allies' abilities. Do you even need me to comment more on this card? If this suggestion was taken, you would see a mass migration of, dare I say it, Elementalis players scrambling to play Zhanna.

3. There's already a Protector card for humans. It's called "Aeon". Unless you're saying that playing this card makes Priests unable to play Aeon, what makes Priests so special that they deserve to have an extra one of their own? Shadow players don't even have any Protectors.

4. This seems to be the most balanced of your suggestions. Basically it's a 3 drop Puwen who can heal a target for 1 HP. However, you see what you've done there again? By paying just 1 resource, you can heal ANY target for 1 HP. This can be a serious game changer. The effect needs to be changed.

Priest-only spell ideas:

1. There's already a spell for reducing damage to Human allies - it's called "Reinforced Armor". Are you talking about a buff for ALL allies in this case?

2. Counters to resource destruction are not needed anymore because the very act of resource destruction itself is getting nerfed, starting from 1.25. And do you mean "neutral ability"? Because I have no idea what is meant by a "neutral spell". Plus, what does it do, exactly? Just play it and then it becomes a resource? Here's an idea of my own: Why not just SACRIFICE it when it's in your hand then???

3. An item that heals allies for 1 HP at the beginning of your turn. By that, do you mean at the start of EVERY one of your turns? I presume you mean it heals ALL allies. If this is done, then your allies will be unkillable. For example, if I use Nishaven's ability on a full HP Raven, it will be left with 2 HP. Then if I was going to be able to kill it on my next turn with an Arcane Burst, now I wouldn't be able to, and Raven's HP will keep climbing back to its original amount if I fail to do anything for a few turns. It's like every one of your allies having Bad Wolf's ability in addition to what they already have. Do you know how hard Aeons will be to get rid of then? "And/Or increases health by 1". You mean increase the max HP of all your allies and your hero by 1 every turn? Seriously? Really? Honestly? Need I say anything else?

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against you but your suggestions are just too... unsuitable.
    First note:
    It is currently healing for 3 i meant by lowering it to heal for 2 if healing allies for 3 is too overpowered. Being able to heal allies would allow you to attack higher health allies because you can heal the retaliation damage.

Second note:
    I dont know know to write it correctly but the increase in health does not increase the maximum health. if the hero is already damage it would be treated as a heal. if the hero is at maximum health it would be treated as temparory health and goes away when takes damage.

Third note:
    The 2/4 version of the 1/1 is somewhat the same. It is similar to others of the same cost but most are 3/4.

Fourth note:
    I wasnt specifically saying that preist should get all of these allies but maybe every hero should have thier own class only ally. The low cost protector ally is different it has lower attack and is more defensive then Aeon.

Fith note:
    I thank you for saying its the most ballenced. I dont think this ally would be the biggest game changer as it can only heal a target for 1 and only once per turn. its low health would mean it would be easly killed off.

Sixth note:
    Yes this is an item that is reienforced armor execpt for all allies

Seventh note:
    As another has pointed out it could be used as a sacrifice or played to gain an extra resource earlier. and pointing out that saying spell is differnt then ability seems silly.

Eighth note:
    I like how you exagerate what I say. And yes it helps your defensive allies if an opponent fails to kill your ally on one turn it would be very difficult to finish it off later.

Priest Strategy
    i think it would be ok if one strategy for priest is to play defensive allies and play damage prevention abilities. I think damage prevention would be more useful then straight up healing abilities. I would prefer this to compared to stalling decks or destruction.