Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

My priest suggestions

Zhanna Mist's ability should be able to heal allies even if it means lowering it to 2 health.
    A priest only ally. Maybe one of these.
    1. cost 1, hp 1, attack 1, special when played your hero gains 1 extra health. Note: this Heath does not go away when this card leaves play.
    2. cost 3, hp 4, attack 2, special when played your hero gains 3 extra health. Note: this Heath does not go away when this card leaves play.
    3. cost 5, hp 5, attack 1, special protector and damage is reduced by 1
    4. cost 3, hp 3, attack 2, special pay (1): heal target 1 health

A few of spell ideas
    1. A spell that reduces damage to your allies by 2 for 1 turn (this is better then that human spell that heals 2 damage as you can't heal a dead ally)
    2. A low cost spell that puts itself as a resource. (a counter to resource destruction, this could be a great neutral spell as well)
    3. An item that heals your allies by 1 at the begining of your turn And/Or increases health by 1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i also play as healing priest and we need a BUFF, any BUFF will de please... just make it happen >_<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdomamerica View Post
    Zhanna Mist's ability should be able to heal allies even if it means lowering it to 2 health.
    A priest only ally. Maybe one of these.
    1. cost 1, hp 1, attack 1, special when played your hero gains 1 extra health. Note: this Heath does not go away when this card leaves play.
    2. cost 3, hp 4, attack 2, special when played your hero gains 3 extra health. Note: this Heath does not go away when this card leaves play.
    3. cost 5, hp 5, attack 1, special protector and damage is reduced by 1
    4. cost 3, hp 3, attack 2, special pay (1): heal target 1 health

A few of spell ideas
    1. A spell that reduces damage to your allies by 2 for 1 turn (this is better then that human spell that heals 2 damage as you can't heal a dead ally)
    2. A low cost spell that puts itself as a resource. (a counter to resource destruction, this could be a great neutral spell as well)
    3. An item that heals your allies by 1 at the begining of your turn And/Or increases health by 1
    First of all, I don't play Priests so I'm not the most qualified person to comment on this but I still have some things to clarify with you.

1. "Zhanna Mist's ability should be able to heal allies even if it means lowering it to 2 health". What is "it"? Who are you lowering to 2 HP? It wouldn't make sense to heal an ally and then lower it to 2HP. Say you're healing an Aeon who is at 5 HP. From what I gather, you're suggesting healing him (to 8 HP) and then lowering his HP to 2. Say what???

Priest-only ally ideas:

1. This card will make the Priest class' base HP of 26 totally useless! Why not just up their HP to 30 then since this card will be an auto-include in Priest decks? Any health gain that the Priest gets must not be permanent. It can just last for a few turns or go away when this card is sent to the graveyard. A more viable option would be to make the 1 extra health a heal, as in "When played, your hero heals 1 health".

2. A 3 drop that has 2 atk, 4 HP, AND grants your hero 3 extra HP PERMANENTLY??? So it's like a tank and it makes your hero a tank since it's ability far outweighs other 3 drop allies' abilities. Do you even need me to comment more on this card? If this suggestion was taken, you would see a mass migration of, dare I say it, Elementalis players scrambling to play Zhanna.

3. There's already a Protector card for humans. It's called "Aeon". Unless you're saying that playing this card makes Priests unable to play Aeon, what makes Priests so special that they deserve to have an extra one of their own? Shadow players don't even have any Protectors.

4. This seems to be the most balanced of your suggestions. Basically it's a 3 drop Puwen who can heal a target for 1 HP. However, you see what you've done there again? By paying just 1 resource, you can heal ANY target for 1 HP. This can be a serious game changer. The effect needs to be changed.

Priest-only spell ideas:

1. There's already a spell for reducing damage to Human allies - it's called "Reinforced Armor". Are you talking about a buff for ALL allies in this case?

2. Counters to resource destruction are not needed anymore because the very act of resource destruction itself is getting nerfed, starting from 1.25. And do you mean "neutral ability"? Because I have no idea what is meant by a "neutral spell". Plus, what does it do, exactly? Just play it and then it becomes a resource? Here's an idea of my own: Why not just SACRIFICE it when it's in your hand then???

3. An item that heals allies for 1 HP at the beginning of your turn. By that, do you mean at the start of EVERY one of your turns? I presume you mean it heals ALL allies. If this is done, then your allies will be unkillable. For example, if I use Nishaven's ability on a full HP Raven, it will be left with 2 HP. Then if I was going to be able to kill it on my next turn with an Arcane Burst, now I wouldn't be able to, and Raven's HP will keep climbing back to its original amount if I fail to do anything for a few turns. It's like every one of your allies having Bad Wolf's ability in addition to what they already have. Do you know how hard Aeons will be to get rid of then? "And/Or increases health by 1". You mean increase the max HP of all your allies and your hero by 1 every turn? Seriously? Really? Honestly? Need I say anything else?

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against you but your suggestions are just too... unsuitable.
    Last edited by ThorFolklore; 04-14-2011 at 10:15 AM.
    The true measure of a "bigger man" nowadays is the ability to treat others with respect plus set aside his ego when needed even on teh internets.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by adriancool08 View Post
    i also play as healing priest and we need a BUFF, any BUFF will de please... just make it happen >_<
    The best buff for a priest would be a boost to Jericho Spellbane's ability. Zhanna is fine now. She is already basically unkillable if you try to slow burn her thanks to her ability, she can play Tidal Wave to clear the board, you have Destroy Arms for anyone who dares to spam items, so what other buffs do you want/need???
    The true measure of a "bigger man" nowadays is the ability to treat others with respect plus set aside his ego when needed even on teh internets.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Thorfolklore, when he says zhanna should be able to heal allies, even if it means lowering it to two health, he means that zhanna should be able to heal allies, even if the amount healed by zhanna's ability is lowered to 2 health. And I agree. I don't play priest, but the suggestions are a little out of whack.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @thorfolklore, i don't speak a very well english, but after reading you, it's sounds like you are a little bit nervous, seriously, really, honestly, if you need advice about periods, Sysiphos can give you some.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentuequi View Post
    @thorfolklore, i don't speak a very well english, but after reading you, it's sounds like you are a little bit nervous, seriously, really, honestly, if you need advice about periods, Sysiphos can give you some.
    I dunno... I'm not a girl, so, umm... Maybe I don't need to get advice about periods... But thanks for your offer.
    Last edited by ThorFolklore; 04-14-2011 at 01:25 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram99 View Post
    Thorfolklore, when he says zhanna should be able to heal allies, even if it means lowering it to two health, he means that zhanna should be able to heal allies, even if the amount healed by zhanna's ability is lowered to 2 health. And I agree. I don't play priest, but the suggestions are a little out of whack.
    OK, I think I understand now. Sorry, Kingdomamerica, but you were a bit vague with your explanation just now. And it's not such a bad idea after all, making Zhanna's ability more versatile at the cost of reducing its potency.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @thefolklore

A 3 drop, 2/4 ally that heals the hero for 3 life one time is NOT that powerful. I mean, it's good, but not overpowered in the slightest.

Yes, Aeon IS a protector. He's also a 6 cost 4/8. A 3 drop 1/5 protector would fill an ENTIRELY different niche than Aeon and is, as such, a totally valid suggestion. You're right, Shadow doesn't have a protector. That's because Shadow sort of = evil side in this game. Evil forces not reputed well for their devotion and self-sacrifice.

A 1 drop 1/1 that heals the hero for 1. Totally balanced.

The question about why you wouldn't just sacrifice the resource card instead of casting it? Well, um. How about second turn, you sac a card, have two resources on the table, play the resource card listed above, and now, when turn three rolls around and you sac for resource, you have 4 resources on turn three. It's a speed boost card.

Either you are terrible at seeing strategy and balance from an objective standpoint, OR you just like to bitch. Or both.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
    @thefolklore

A 3 drop, 2/4 ally that heals the hero for 3 life one time is NOT that powerful. I mean, it's good, but not overpowered in the slightest.

Yes, Aeon IS a protector. He's also a 6 cost 4/8. A 3 drop 1/5 protector would fill an ENTIRELY different niche than Aeon and is, as such, a totally valid suggestion. You're right, Shadow doesn't have a protector. That's because Shadow sort of = evil side in this game. Evil forces not reputed well for their devotion and self-sacrifice.

A 1 drop 1/1 that heals the hero for 1. Totally balanced.

The question about why you wouldn't just sacrifice the resource card instead of casting it? Well, um. How about second turn, you sac a card, have two resources on the table, play the resource card listed above, and now, when turn three rolls around and you sac for resource, you have 4 resources on turn three. It's a speed boost card.

Either you are terrible at seeing strategy and balance from an objective standpoint, OR you just like to bitch. Or both.
    You're absolutely right. I'm not good at looking at strats and balance objectively, since I only run Boris and Victor decks (for now). One more thing, I started playing just a week ago and I don't profess to be some kind of "expert". Neither did I mean my original post to sound like it was coming from one. I was just calling what I saw. We may not agree with each other's views but that's what forums and threads like these are for - to hold frank, polite discussions. Read my original post to Kingdomamerica again. I said that I had nothing against him/her at the end of it and I even apologised later on for misunderstanding part of his/her post. Meanwhile, instead of being civil and just reprimanding me for looking at things from a skewed perspective (which I accept), you also insinuated that I like to bitch, all because I spoke my mind. How very grown up of you. That was uncalled for and you know it. If anyone's bitchy, it's you. Don't make things personal. The pot calling the kettle black is equally as black, in case you haven't noticed.
    Last edited by ThorFolklore; 04-14-2011 at 04:36 PM.