Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Access Violation

Ever since a recent update around mid November I've been unable to play shadowera on my home PC. I keep getting the following error prior to unity finishing being loaded.

d3d9.dll caused an access violation in module d3d9.dll at 001b:4fe58572

I've searched the unity support forum but same or similar questions go completely unanswered. I'm not very computer literate so I have no clue how to fix or where to go to solve this problem. I'm able to play on iPad and iPhone without problems but this error limits my ability to work on pfg3 game playing from home and I only have small windows to play while I'm at work.

If anyone has any suggestions or work arounds I'd be greatly appreciative. Thanks in advance
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I think it's something to do with Unity version, try reinstalling it/different version.
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Can you provide the latest version links

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Access Violation

Looks like something regarding your graphics driver and DirectX. Try updating those and see if it makes a difference. Or try reinstalling Unity Player.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You're doomed, like me and a growing number of people over several different games.

I reported this problem here on the 2nd, yea, 3 weeks ago and it is still not working. I've searched and searched for a solution but have come to the conclusion there isn't a fix. Unity is causing the problem, nothing to do with direct x or graphics cards.

Have a look through other threads below, I've posted more info in those.

I am almost certain nobody from Wulven support ever reads this "support" thread as I would have had a reply to my original post.

To add insult to injury I sent Kyle a PM on the 4th of December as I'd wasted hours trying to find Wulven supports email address and I'm still waiting for a reply.
    I see he managed a post in support yesterday so he is alive.

I sent him another on Sunday asking if I could add another $40 to my original $50 paypal payment and get the $90 bonus. Haven't had a reply again.
    As kickstarter ends soon it now looks like I'll be asking for a refund and will have wasted all the money to date.

Seems to me all Shadow Eras eggs are in Unityplayers basket and they are just about to get Shattered
    IGN: A1 The Solyom

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by The Solyom View Post
    You're doomed, like me and a growing number of people over several different games.

I reported this problem here on the 2nd, yea, 3 weeks ago and it is still not working. I've searched and searched for a solution but have come to the conclusion there isn't a fix. Unity is causing the problem, nothing to do with direct x or graphics cards.

Have a look through other threads below, I've posted more info in those.

I am almost certain nobody from Wulven support ever reads this "support" thread as I would have had a reply to my original post.

To add insult to injury I sent Kyle a PM on the 4th of December as I'd wasted hours trying to find Wulven supports email address and I'm still waiting for a reply.
    I see he managed a post in support yesterday so he is alive.

I sent him another on Sunday asking if I could add another $40 to my original $50 paypal payment and get the $90 bonus. Haven't had a reply again.
    As kickstarter ends soon it now looks like I'll be asking for a refund and will have wasted all the money to date.

Seems to me all Shadow Eras eggs are in Unityplayers basket and they are just about to get Shattered
    Kyle's inbox is probably flooded with many PMs so he has to go out of his way to go through each and every one of them. He probably may not read them if at all.

Secondly, as it is a problem with Unity Player rather than the actual game itself, I suggest you go and post something on the Unity Player forums and get a more Unity Player targeted response, instead of over here complaining about it. You can get more productive results that way.

Lastly, The support email is support@shadowera.com. It is even listed right here! I do not see why it would of took you hours to find it.

http://www.shadowera.com/content.php?143-Support-Tools

I actually sent an email to support earlier this month as my PayPal Kickstarter backing ended up with funky emails saying the payment went through and then getting an email about a declined payment and wanted to be sure it went through. I got a response the next day.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Dark View Post
    Kyle's inbox is probably flooded with many PMs so he has to go out of his way to go through each and every one of them. He probably may not read them if at all.

He has to go out of his way? He owns the company! it's his or his staffs job to reply to questions from his PAYING customers

Secondly, as it is a problem with Unity Player rather than the actual game itself, I suggest you go and post something on the Unity Player forums and get a more Unity Player targeted response, instead of over here complaining about it. You can get more productive results that way.

Good idea, I wish I and all the others thought of that. Oh, we did and there is no answer. Secondly, I have paid over $100 for a game THAT DOESN'T WORK AS ADVERTISED! I have had nothing until recently from support. WHY SHOULD I TRY AND FIX IT? If I buy a new car I certainly will not contact everyone involved in the building of it. It is their job to fix it.

Lastly, The support email is support@shadowera.com. It is even listed right here! I do not see why it would of took you hours to find it.
    http://www.shadowera.com/content.php?143-Support-Tools

Yet again you jump to conclusions. Do you honestly think that nobody looked on the support page? In the PM I sent kyle and support, when I was given the email address by a guild member, I told them to add it to the page AS IT WASN'T THERE! it has been added after. Honestly, as if we all missed it in the very 1st line.

I actually sent an email to support earlier this month as my PayPal Kickstarter backing ended up with funky emails saying the payment went through and then getting an email about a declined payment and wanted to be sure it went through. I got a response the next day

lucky you, i haven't received a confirmation email or a thanks for your custom email for my kickstarter backing..
    So here are the replies I've had from support and from Unity forum

A customer support staff member has replied to your support request, #29752
    8 with the following response:
    Hello there,
    Unfortunately compatibility issues like this are up to the Unity3d game eng
    ine that we use. We've just updated to the latest release, so there is a go
    od chance it has fixes for the problem you described. A new Shadow Era buil
    d will be released early January.

Having a nice day!

Sincerely,

Tri Dao

Really, the main point here is "Unity3d game engine that we use"
    Back to the car example. I buy a Saab that has a BMW engine in it. The engine stops working. it goes to Saab for repair not BMW would you not agree?

From the Unity forum dated 2011 but I'm almost certain they stand by it.

This site is for questions about Unity development. We are a community of developers who use Unity3D. If you have problems with a specific game, contact the support of the company that created the game.

So there it is, anyone having problems the same as this is doomed for the foreseeable future and I predict this will only get worse with the new update. If it is to do with the graphics capabilities anyone with a slightly older pc/laptop is going to have the same problem.

Finally in defence of Wulven, I finally heard from Kyle via support after asking if I would get a refund on the money i have already paid out.

"A customer support staff member has replied to your support request, #297528 with the following response:

Sure, if you still can't get the game to work for you and if we're unable to fix it, then you can request a refund."

At least I can "request" a refund
    Last edited by The Solyom; 12-30-2013 at 04:06 PM.
    IGN: A1 The Solyom