Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    World Championships 2nd Place Flycheung's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Dark View Post
    The AdWeek link has text.

Basically what happened was MCNs were forced to put people in their network into two groups. Affilliates and managed. MCNs will have to deal with any violations from Managed channels. Affiliates will have to do it on their own. Then there was a massive ContentID sweep that got many videos taken down. This sweep included content which that was okay to monentize.

In the TotalBiscuit video, he mentioned Hearthstone videos got taken down. This confused Blizzard as they are okay with monetizing their game content as long as you don't make people pay to see it.

A lot of game companies are actually speaking out against this. Although some have embraced it.

I mention game companies specifically as it seems gameplay based channels were the hardest hit victims of this.
    Thanks for summing it up. As a an old-fashin guy who did not watch internet video as his prime pastime hobby, I didn't even realised there is so much layers involved in YT. Good piece of info to read tho.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah I've been watching a lot of the videos on this (including yours) and I can't even begin to imagine being majorly hit by this. I've got one contentID strike on one of my videos because of a song I used (but meh, my channel isn't really used for much).

Anyways I watched AngryJoe's video and man I've never seen him like that (I've been watching AJ for a while now), just goes to show how passionate of a person he is imo. The Address the Sess however was very informative for when I first started hearing about this stuff.

It's all pretty dumb and I can't even begin to imagine why youtube would do this to so many people especially as youtubers are finally earning many of the companies respect for what they do for the gaming industry (I mean we still have a ways to go, but it was gaining ground). For example, I wouldn't have probably every found this game had TB not made a video on it exposing me to the game in the first place. Heck, there's a couple of games I never would have heard of without some of these youtuber's channels. So this really does tick me off quite a lot and I wish there was more I could do about it not only as a watcher of these videos, but someone who genuinely cares about video games.

(I'm terrible at explaining myself so I'll stop there, I just hope that Youtube will take a 180 on this issue instead of the perceived incoming policies that will make things much worse in January)
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Haaahaaaa!

Watch your future unfold! You new generation!

Telegrams, became telephone ( both were what you would call , " open" available to alll who had the equipment in the right space! )
    With telephones, at first there were " town" or party lines, if you picked up your phone to call someone, you most likley heard another's covo. And had to ask the operator to " split " or direct connect your call!

This meant everything you said was open to all who had a receiver and were listening! Lol, that's right! Great Aunt Bettie's juicy stories about her neighbors was open to the public! But the telephone companies ( because of popular demand) created direct number lines, or your phone number, individual and therefore private! Lol. Believe that! Hahahahaaaa

Now communication has got not just telephones, but the Internet, where we can be who we want, right?
    Nope! You are open to the the powers that control the keys of the flow of this info and if you say the wrong thing, they will try to smack you down!.
    Same story, different century! Lol

I respect all who voice thier op! As long as your not calling for hurting another. But companies ( the people who built this information highway ) are not going to just sit by and watch you tear down thier games/ shows/ apps or websites!

If your going to put your opinion out there, you better expect a response!
    Personally I say ,
    Stick it to em! Say what you feel and be real about your actions! Don't be a complainer without any solutions!
    It's great to let the system ( any game/ forum/ product/ person) know about how u feel but if you don't have an idea of how to solve it, then your not helping
    Your only complaining, and trust me, people who just complain get very little done!

Anyways , back to the subject!
    Hahahahaaaa, noobs!
    If you thought big brother was new! Lol, he's always been here! He always will! And he will find a way to get back at you for your actions!
    Your job....
    Never stop trying, never give up, always fight for yourself, friends and family!

( or that AWSOME post you made that they want to edit or delete!)

Gl, hf!
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip thorp View Post
    Haaahaaaa!

Watch your future unfold! You new generation!

Telegrams, became telephone ( both were what you would call , " open" available to alll who had the equipment in the right space! )
    With telephones, at first there were " town" or party lines, if you picked up your phone to call someone, you most likley heard another's covo. And had to ask the operator to " split " or direct connect your call!

This meant everything you said was open to all who had a receiver and were listening! Lol, that's right! Great Aunt Bettie's juicy stories about her neighbors was open to the public! But the telephone companies ( because of popular demand) created direct number lines, or your phone number, individual and therefore private! Lol. Believe that! Hahahahaaaa

Now communication has got not just telephones, but the Internet, where we can be who we want, right?
    Nope! You are open to the the powers that control the keys of the flow of this info and if you say the wrong thing, they will try to smack you down!.
    Same story, different century! Lol

I respect all who voice thier op! As long as your not calling for hurting another. But companies ( the people who built this information highway ) are not going to just sit by and watch you tear down thier games/ shows/ apps or websites!

If your going to put your opinion out there, you better expect a response!
    Personally I say ,
    Stick it to em! Say what you feel and be real about your actions! Don't be a complainer without any solutions!
    It's great to let the system ( any game/ forum/ product/ person) know about how u feel but if you don't have an idea of how to solve it, then your not helping
    Your only complaining, and trust me, people who just complain get very little done!

Anyways , back to the subject!
    Hahahahaaaa, noobs!
    If you thought big brother was new! Lol, he's always been here! He always will! And he will find a way to get back at you for your actions!
    Your job....
    Never stop trying, never give up, always fight for yourself, friends and family!

( or that AWSOME post you made that they want to edit or delete!)

Gl, hf!
    Are you off your meds again, grandpa?
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    By the way this is not as honest as you might think. The Youtube comments in that vid are faked by numerous accounts made by the user/and or friends. You will see when clicking on the link below the video, that it will take you to a site where you have to do a bunch of surveys and/or pay to get access to the supposed download.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by paul.will8 View Post
    By the way this is not as honest as you might think. The Youtube comments in that vid are faked by numerous accounts made by the user/and or friends. You will see when clicking on the link below the video, that it will take you to a site where you have to do a bunch of surveys and/or pay to get access to the supposed download.
    What? which video are you referring to? I can guarantee my video, Ohmwrecker's, the adweek link, and all other links I provided are 100% legitimate and double checked as of the time I posted them.

I'm not a fly-by-night poster here, and everyone knows that. And the posters on my video are a mix of followers from the Shadow Era Forums, Hearthpwn Forums, Minecraft Forums, my friends list, and people who found me through my support of various kickstarters.