Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Cards that will shine in FFA and 2v2

So now the KickStarter campaign raised enough funds to support Free-for-All and 2v2 modes of play, I've been thinking about what cards will start to shine in these new formats. There's definitely a few cards that provide a lot more "bang-for-your-buck" when you have multiple opponents.

For example, Nishaven's ability affects all allies, which means you could potentially wipe the boards of multiple opponents, not just one. Other cards that similarly damage all opposing allies include Furion Terror, Supernova, Meteor Shower, and Ice Storm.

Even better, Crescendo, Tidal Wave, and Energy Discharge will *kill* all opposing allies. Crescendo is probably an easy target and unlikely to reach 5 defense, but Energy Discharge could really turn the tide (although dealing 5 damage to yourself is probably a risky move in a FFA setting). Your allied player in 2v2 might not be happy about your Tidal Wave...

Smoke Screen disables all opposing allies for 1 turn, so I could see that getting a lot of play.

Incense of Atonement deals 1 damage to all opposing heroes whenever any attachment is played. Not sure yet if that would be too "cute" to build a deck around that concept, but it might have potential.

I can definitely see Moonstalker becoming a very common hero in FFA. Other than some of the weapon-based heroes, he's the only other hero whose shadow ability can persist through multiple opponent turns. Providing stealth to your allies through 3 opponents' turns protects them for a long time and means your opponents have to expend additional resources to deal with them. Similar cards like Valiant Defender, Cover of Night , Lay Low, and Rain Delay would provide protection to your allies through multiple opponent turns.

Ill-gotten Gains and Pride of the Mountain trigger on the destruction of *all* opposing allies and/or items... LOTS of draw potential there.

Shadowspawn and Interference would both be great at preventing all of your opponents from using their shadow abilities.

King's Pride and War Banner would boost your allied player's allies in a 2v2 (but Aldon wouldn't, if you read his card carefully).

There's plenty of other examples of interesting effects, but I just wanted to provide some food for thought.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Facing a heavy front of weapon based heroes - Urgent business

I'm actually more interested to see if you can pull off more combos. Theoretically you may have a turn or so where your opponents ignore you giving the window for some combos.

Also I'm curious to see if the card min needs to be increased. With more opponents games could be longer and you may run out of cards
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Combos depend on allied player decks are preplan if possible. And when I got my cards in I had a guy only play millstalker.
    He died first.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You forgot Rampage. Having played a fair amount of FFA in the physical realm that card wins games.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    And my wife won in a ffa with 3 ppl. 40 card victor. I built it for her and lost to it. It was depressing.

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    You forgot Rampage. Having played a fair amount of FFA in the physical realm that card wins games.
    Ahh, yes Rampage seems like it would be amazing in FFA. I've never played FFA or 2v2 with the physical cards (or even 1v1 for that matter), so it didn't even occur to me to ask about people's experiences with those formats in the physical realm.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    2v2 I can see two rush mages teaming up.

I can also see a possible one deck purely focused on attacking while the other carries the tech cards
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I personally think Interference would be an interesting one for an FFA. Use your ability, recharge your SE up to the highest opposing player's SE, then prevent any opponent from being able to use their ability until your next turn. Even more hilarious if you can do it a couple times in a row.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo3yb0i View Post
    2v2 I can see two rush mages teaming up.

I can also see a possible one deck purely focused on attacking while the other carries the tech cards
    Nishaven using Voltar's ring paired up with Zaladar running Shadowvein/Interference/Shadow Font in a 2v2 could be a lot of fun. Zaladar's ability would get the bonus damage from Voltar's!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Good ascendant