Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

330 rtg MS "Dances with Tigers"

Hi, finally I decided to post my best deck I ever made.

So here is my MoonStalker "Dances with Tigers":
    (I feel like Kevin Costner when playin this deck :-)

Edit: Changed 3x Morbide Acolyte for 1x Captured Prey, 1x Death Collector, and 1x Spectrall Sabre... works better ;-)

17 Allys:
    4x Death Collector
    4x Tiger Wulf
    4x Shadow Knight
    3x Plasma Behemoth
    2x Scourge Colossus

16 Abilities:
    4x Now You're Mine
    4x Captured Prey
    4X Blood Moon
    2x Sacrificial Lamb
    2x Shadow Font

6 Weapons and armor:
    3x Wrath of the Forest
    3x Spectral Sabre

39 + 1 Hero

Theory:
    When I´have seen Tiger Wulf first time I said to myself: OMG what a owerpowered card... Yes Tiger Wulf is the best ally in SE (I think). 4 attack is crucial - able to kill most of allys. But the most important is his ability. Tell me about any other card which can deal with any item in the game (Armors - Kings Pride, Snow Saphire, ... Weapons - Groundles, Soul Seeker, Ancle Breaker,... Draw engines - IGG, Tome of Knowledge, Antimatter, WotF,...) all of them will no longer be problem for you. And this same superb ally can also deal with any ally in game (Aeon, Oggy, Kairlos, Scourche, Sandworm, Wulven savage...) those ally will also no longer be a problem...
    = the more you have Tigers, more threats you can deal with... = 4x Tiger is not enough, so I put SK to take them back from graveyard and started to test this deck... voila I reached 330 and still rising it :-)

This deck has wery good draw power, with blood moon T2 and WotF T4 you can sac every turn and from T5 every turn play 5cc fatty. This deck is definately control deck, so you will win late game. Most of the time I win due to 2x 5cc faty from time I reached 10 resources.

How to play it:
    This deck is not easy to play, but also not that dificult:
    At start you have to deal with oponent cheap opening by your Now you´re mines, but I recomend to do not use it on allys which is not able to deal with your stealth, primarily save it for Death Mage Thadeus, Morbid Acolyte and Jasmine.
    If you have WotF play it T4, or SF.
    Than in T5 play plasma or tiger and stealth if oponent can kill him.
    T6... T10 I mostly play fatty every turn + ally ability or Now you are mine, Captured prey, ...

Combos:
    1) going first:
    T3 Death collector
    T4 Now you are mine on one ally + ability of collector kill another one = 4/5 ally on board alone T4 with ability to be 5/6 next turn -> force oponent to deal with him, which gives you space to cast 5cc next turn less scared.

2) Tiger and Sacrificial Lamb
    Nice combo... use ability of Tiger to deal with somethink pesky,.... than do 4 damage by him and than cast Sacrificial Lamb on him (will die instead). So for 5cc you have Item or ally destruction, fireball, and draw two cards (even 3 with WotF in play)... WOW

3) Spectral Sabre
    - nice card against wariors, gwen, darclaw, lone wolf... but also a weapon. Good to play T6 when you have Fatty on board and oponent cast also fatty you cant kill by yours... cast Spectral sabre, do 2 damage, finish him by Tiger or Plasma and cast blood moon :-)

4) Death Collector can help you to manage your graveyard for using SK! Wery help full when you need your covered scourche or tiger back.

Some card choices:

Tiger Wulf - no more comments - the most versatile ally in game 8x times autoincluded (counting with SK LOL), actually I can´t understand why nobody recognised it before

Shadow font - one of the most considered choice,... I tryed lot of options (more Wotf, Jewelers Dreams,...) but this card is super as suprising move, won me lot of games. I love when I have 2 shadow energy and oponent is looking forward for his turn swing to my ally by his army... and I cast SF and smile at him bcs I know now I can use it another two turns = next turn another stealthed fatty... GG

Spectral Sabre - necesarry against Amber (won me lot of games - BF, Enrage or cripled scourche), and Darclaw... Good against Gwen... Also give chance against Lone Wolf.

Scourche collosus - With Tiger its cool combo = this deck definately do not need any item destruction. He can make game lock against Baduuru... If you dont have him... I recomend to change him for some item destruction or WotF + Plasma
    - he is the key card against Elad - the worst match up... Only chance to win her is to cast him right after she used her ability and stealth him... Next turn atack her,... kill Tome of knoledge and stealth.... Probably will kill him by direct damage in two turns but than you can put him back by SK or cast another one... without him you cant beat elad bcs other 5cc are Nova reachable.

Morbid Acolyte - actually he is my only dubt in this deck, most of the time I sac him. Good to play T3 going second, and T4 WotF (gives you card beeing killed next turn) or Sac lamb on it LOL. He is good in mirrors, but most of the MS plays NYM for him. So right now I am thinkin about any other good 3cc option (for going second mostly)... Feel free to help me...

Match ups:
    Boris - Very Easy - nothink can surprise you, he cant deal with 5cc fatty every turn. Spectral sabre also gives you lot of win.

Amber - Medium - actually it depends on build a lot... If she plays 4x seductress, retreat and criplings you will probably loose. If she dont and you get spectral to remove BF... you will win. Also shadow font is good card here.

Logan - Easy - he can deal with your 5cc better than boris, but you can deal with his weapons

Ter Adun - Very Easy - he will put your draw little bit lower, but with sac lamb and SK looping you´ll be fine

Eladwen - nightmare - very dificult match up, you need to have luck (going first - blood moon, death collector, NYM + ability - she will use ability on him and cast Tom of knowledge... you cast plasma, than collosus... SK... I can win one out of 5).

Nishaven - medium - your allys will survive his ability, so its playable, but depends on his draw power and how many novas he play.

Mayja - medium - actually your stealth can deal with her portal very easily, but she still can play novas and finish you by fireballs, be avare of hasted morbid acolyte

Gravebone - medium - you can deal with his allys by your stealth and captured prey, death collector helps with managing his graveyard, but his novas are still painfull. Be sure to have WotF in play and stealth ability to play more stealthed 5cc allys after nova.

Victor Hearthstricker - not sure - I never faced him with this deck,... It can be tricky with his abilitiy and poisoned arrow combo... but when you play over 300 rating, hard to meet him

Gweneth Trueside - very easy - you can deal with her weapons preatty easily... games ends when you put scorche colosus on board when she do not have rapid fire (spectral sabre on it). Better to have tiger on board too when she cast Into the forest, you can deal with her weapon too.

Jericho - very easy - only problem is that you cant use your captured prey,... remember to do not play more than 2x 5cc ally, they are enough to have board and if he cast tidal, you will cast another 5ccs

Zhanna - easy - actually I thought that Zhanna will be bigger problem, but I lost only once against her and it was stall deck (60 stall cards). Standard control Zhanna never been problem. Get board... tidal... get board tidal ... get board... tidal... get board... GG (or tidal and than get board and GG LOL). She cant deal with 17x 5cc ally in one game... and you can deal with her Aeon and Kings pride easily (tiger, colossus).

Lance - medium - when he plays first and have IGG its dificult match up. Its hard to deal with IGG and ancle breaker when he plays asasination on your stealthed allys... IGG gives him really strong draw power,... when he plays Black Garb its even worse...

Serena - medium - same as Lance, when she playes first its dificult, actually I have positive ratio against her...

Banebow - good - take care about his Acolytes and WotF and you will be fine. His ability is not enough to deal with your 5 health allys even with Furion or Death mage (only if he have both... than NYM on DMT)

Baduruu - medium - resource destruction deck is hard match up, bcs you have costly allys, normal baduuru is easier,... you can make game lock by scourche in empty board (but be avare of snare traps - they are Items - so scourche can remove them instead of weapon !!! good choice is to play 3cc ally to deal with trap and than atack by scourche, or play Tiger - he can target, actually both of them on board is GG:-)

Darkclaw - easy - he cant atack you stealthed, spectral sabre helps a lot (uncaptured scorche or speed strike)

Moonstalker - medium - mirrors are allways interestin you can gave slight advantage bcs of tigers. Millstalker is playable, I played him once and won. Take care about arthyles scrypt, lone wolf at the end,... and use scorche... Still will be about luck too

Elementalis - very easy - NYMs and Captures preys with Tigers can deal with anny buffed allyes he playes and also with those new pesky dimmension ripper builds :-)

Zaladar - easy - deal with his antimatter, be avare of morbides and DMT. He can kill you only by MC when you are not stealthed... so use SF at the end of game to protect your hero from MC damage (scourche or SK is painfull).

As you see most of the match ups are good for you. Only problem is with mages... but it is well known think about MS.

Enjoy my deck, feel free to criticise...

If you want to see some matches look at my account "ASK MASKEE" in the game.
    Last edited by maskee; 06-05-2014 at 06:01 AM.
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks solid will give it a spin

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    sth cool from maskee
    Shadow Era, ETC

Evolve Through Cooperation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Very nice deck breakdown! Congratz on your awesome run! I haven't played Moon a lot abd this looks very good so I'll give it a try.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Nice! Did you know Tiger Wulf has the official nickname of Disco Wulf? If not, your Dances with Tigers name is a nice coincidence!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    LOL I didn´t... so it´s coincidence, but the picture of Tiger Wulf inspired me, he looks like dancing.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Great deck! Those tigers and wulvens raped my Gwen without mercy, I'll definitely give it a try! :-)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Full moon anyone?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great deck and well done.
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks guys... Is it common to start loose after you reveal the deck? I have to start work on other one LOL.