Close

Thread: [DP] Stalladar

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[DP] Stalladar

So, here's my take on QM mill/stall Zaladar. The concept isn't new but I think it's different enough from the other builds posted on these forums.

STALLADAR!

x1 Zaladar

x4 Rotling
    x1 Brutalis/DMT
    x4 Furrion Terror

x4 Mind Control, Shadow Font, Evil Ascendant, Bazaar, Bad Santa
    x3 Infinity Core, Eternal Renewal

x4 Armor of Ages

40 cards, including Zal.

Breakdown

Rotling is there to counter other millers and break annoying recursion loops. It also allows me to Santa Bomb. A 2/2 for 1cc is nothing to sneeze at either and will either draw damage away from your face and/or be able to ping allies/Heroes/weapons. It also gives you something to activate your Infinity Core with early (and late). You don't need all 4 in most matchups, so they're easy resources.

FT is the all-star obviously. He does everything: ally control, meat-shield, damage source and IC fuel.

The 9th ally could be anything. Energy Discharge, LLN, Acid Jet, Shriek, Transference, the 4th IC - remember that if the card is relevant, you'll recurse it with Eternal Renewal so you actually get at least 2 copies.

Playing a 'regular' 2 or 3 drop on turn 2 or 3 can fool your opponent into thinking you're a regular deck (especially with a T4 SF) so he plays Blood Frenzy or sacrificess useful anti mill cards.

You usually need one, just one, Eternal Renewal per game, so sac the first 2 happily.

Try to play as many MCs, AoAs and Bad Santa before playing ER.
    The rest of the deck is pretty self explanatory.

Matchups

Easy: Mid-range without burn - short of a disastrous start or very well timed item destruction, you will counter their every move until they're spent - nobody is very well teched for this in QM. Even after playing a hundred games with this, I'm still not sure if your opponent's best move is to go for your Bazaar or your EA. Honestly, they don't have much of a chance anyways. Count item destruction and keep the cards you need to replay (IC is the least important of your items here - you won't get damaged much through AoA). Even Priests and Rogues are rather easy. Banebow is included here.

Even: Mid-range with burn - GB, Maj and Zal. You feed these guys a lot of damage sources but if they can'T deal enough damage before your AoAs get online, your healing will be able to take over. It's a 50-50 matchup.

Even: Mill. I've had a couple of 90 minutes Millstaker and mirror matchups. Play if you care about your rating. Quit if you don't.

Hard: Card steal. Nightprowler will kill you - all your cards are good against yourself and if they get any recursion, you're toast. Watch out for a hasted Agent Rex taking your IC.

Impossible: Rush with burn aka Eladwen. I'm 1-12 against Elad. She's just impossible. Teching against her is not worth it (if it's even possible).

So, yeah, I've had a pretty healthy winrate with this over 150+ QM games (I haven't played a lot of QM over the last weeks though). Have fun inducing rage quits. (Bring your thick anti insults hide.)
    Last edited by FDL; 02-26-2014 at 01:25 PM.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[DP] Stalladar

There is still one more situation that will hurt this deck. Celestial Armor it rarely comes up but naturally one of the only times I faced it I used milladar.

Also why doesn't millstalker simply resign your deck is infinitely large with core he will mill out sooner or later?

Also nice deck size and faking normal play.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz92zaq View Post
    Also why doesn't millstalker simply resign your deck is infinitely large with core he will mill out sooner or later?

Also nice deck size and faking normal play.
    Yeah, well playing Millstalker is a giant game of him playing Tiger Wulf and you trying to kill them (and eat them with Rotling) before they destroy your IC. I have no means to counter his Arthyle Crypt so he also an 'infinite' deck.

I don't think you could get away with large Stalladar because you don't have the redundancy that Millstalker has - you need EA, Bazaar and SF early, there are no substitutes. The fact that it might fool your opponent is a bonus.
    FDL TV!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmmm. Vs. Eladwen...

Maybe drop 1 Rotling, 1 DMT, and 1 Eternal Renual for 3 Contaminated Water?

Could help you stop a weenie rush pretty well if you drop it the same turn you use your ability. Would combo nicely with EA and keep your opponent from using their shadow energy on anything else as you'd have 6 of these along the way.

Just a thought.

Love to see someone using Rotling though. It always seemed like an underappreciated card to me.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, Elad just has it all. PotL is annoying. A string of PotLs is a death sentence.

And after she's dealt 5-8 damage with your allies, you feed her all her burn...

I gave up trying and I sleep well at night.
    FDL TV!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How does this work against Amber?
    Expect the Unexpected! - TJ´s worst writer.

For the player I am now, I would like to thank:

Busti: For always chatting and helping me out.
    Bluejet24: For giving me the chance to join TJ when I was just a noob.
    Raphael Majere: For simply being the best in every way possible.

IGN: TJ PaleStitch

Formerly known as Barcafan.

I am a avid streamer, come check it out! www.twitch.tv/palestitch

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Palestitch View Post
    How does this work against Amber?
    Amber is bit nerve-wracking but in the end, AoA will stop her. If she gets a good rush and has both of her Smashing Blow in hand, she has a shot at winning (I'm 14-6 against her). Otherwise, you will stabilize around 10HP and then start healing behind your AoAs. QM Amber doesn't carry a lot of fatties so most of her allies are vulnerable to the EA/FT/ability grind. Once you're past turn 7 or 8, she can't do much.

Priorities are to set up your draw and EA and kill her allies. If possible throw a bunch of Rotling in her way (meat shield + IC fuel). Only sac AoA if you have it in your initial 8 cards.

FFMs can be a bit annoying, allowing Amber to fish for Smashing Blows, Worms or Artful Squire but it reduces her damage output.
    FDL TV!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fou DeLile View Post

I gave up trying and I sleep well at night.
    So you do get used to cries and curses of poor lost souls that met you in QM...
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fou DeLile View Post
    Amber is bit nerve-wracking but in the end, AoA will stop her. If she gets a good rush and has both of her Smashing Blow in hand, she has a shot at winning (I'm 14-6 against her). Otherwise, you will stabilize around 10HP and then start healing behind your AoAs. QM Amber doesn't carry a lot of fatties so most of her allies are vulnerable to the EA/FT/ability grind. Once you're past turn 7 or 8, she can't do much.

Priorities are to set up your draw and EA and kill her allies. If possible throw a bunch of Rotling in her way (meat shield + IC fuel). Only sac AoA if you have it in your initial 8 cards.

FFMs can be a bit annoying, allowing Amber to fish for Smashing Blows, Worms or Artful Squire but it reduces her damage output.
    I play amber with 4 x Kristoffer wyuld and 4x fast foot messenger hasters.. And ofcourse 2 king pride ..among other allies as Aldon and Gunther...destroyed AoA easily with hasters.., 2nd turn, was boom.. ..end game with more hasters and aeon.. Used even retreat to save few hasters.. This deck can't stand aganist hasters and king of pride