Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Please Change the $60,000 Stretch Goal

Guys, I know your hearts are in the right place. But I honestly feel like this is a waste of resources. Just like the last KS, you sort of wasted time and money on physical cards (hey I know you drew some people in with that) but general consensus is that most people who own the physical cards don't have anyone to play with so they are collecting dust, maybe will be worth bukus of money 20 years from now but other than that they are completely non functioning.

I feel it's a similar situation with this new soundtrack. Fact is, that many of us if not over 90% of us turn the music off when we play Shadow Era. Sure one of your main competitors may have awesome music but they are drawing on a legacy of great games decades old. I see no reason to try to compete with them on that front...at this time, in this situation. Especially when there are other areas that more players actually care about.

I'm a huge fan of video game music. I really am. I just dont' htink this is the right priority for SE atm. Maybe use the money to further improve visuals? Add extra heroes? I mean enhance some feature that 90% of players don't probably already haved turned "off" in the options menu.

Oh well, congrats and don't stop on the KS till you reach $100,000,000

yaaaay

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What you're suggesting to improve was the whole reason for the base of the kickstarter in the first place, it would be redundant to add another stretch goal to do the same thing. Beyond that, SE has great music, its just that we play the game enough to where it starts to wear on us and we would prefer to turn it off (most of us turning on our own music I'm sure). Having more tracks to switch between would certainly help break up the repetitiveness in that sense.

Anyways some people do enjoy the music and the kickstarter was already aimed at improving the game (which adding more music does btw ) and I see no reason to not have something for that in the stretch goals.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think 60k should include 2 vs 2 as well or instead... This game will be a beast if 2 x 2 .. But music wouldn't change it much..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Like most, I play with the sound off. Heck, when I'm on my phone I have it muted. So, this stretch goal is a big fat zero for me.

But, i understand that there may be folks out there who think it's a great addition. So, I don't mind. Can't make everyone happy, can you?

I'm pretty content just getting the campaign mode. That makes me happy. Anything else would just be gravy.

But, more me, for always, the first and over riding desire is just MORE CARDS. Keep those expansions cranking at a good pace and I can forgive anything else.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    For me, I'm just content we got to 50k
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Congrats
    yeah, hope we can reach $100,000,000 if it could help our game.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Developing 2v2 would also cost a crapton more than an expanded musical suite....

Graphics and such, from my understanding, as well as community systems 'in-game' are all part of the core scope.

Personally... if we're gonna kickstart each expansion - I would say next expansion would be ripe for a play-format expansion though, if this one goes through smoothly.

As an aside, I only have the music on when I'm recording or broadcasting... when I'm just playing for fun, I usually have my own music running lol...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the music thing even though I would have preferred the alt art first....probably too much of a Swagwhore...
    Expect the Unexpected! - TJ´s worst writer.

For the player I am now, I would like to thank:

Busti: For always chatting and helping me out.
    Bluejet24: For giving me the chance to join TJ when I was just a noob.
    Raphael Majere: For simply being the best in every way possible.

IGN: TJ PaleStitch

Formerly known as Barcafan.

I am a avid streamer, come check it out! www.twitch.tv/palestitch

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo3yb0i View Post
    For me, I'm just content we got to 50k
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Palestitch View Post
    I like the music thing even though I would have preferred the alt art first....probably too much of a Swagwhore...
    Also this.

Honestly I never play with the sound on, but I don't mind the idea of an improved soundtrack. As Alz says it is a far cheaper endeavour than 2v2 (which would require major changes to the core game system, targeting, display, everything).
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Music is muted whenever I play (computer, phone, tablet) so I would like to second the switch of stretch goals!

But basicly I'm agreeing with everyone else, awesome the 50.000 mark was made... Looking forward to a new and improved game
    Best Regards,

Bobbypim
    [ Warwizard of the Jutland Plains ]

Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn
    ( Read about my guild )

IGN: BP Bobbypim

Card designs:
    Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Heroes Rising | Coming of Dragons
    Trackers of Night | Keystones