Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    If there are two or more allies with the same lowest health, the damage is assigned randomly.
    That mechanic is kind of messy, dont you think? Think about how that would work during the physical game.. It sounds daunting to have to create a means of picking a card at random that the opponent can agree on in the middle of the game. There are already enough nuances we have to do to make up for what can be done automatically in the digital game.

This should be changed to work either one of two ways:

1 - All allies with the lowest health get hit by the ability instead of just one.

or (if you think that would make it OP)

2 - The ally with the lowest health that hit the board first takes the damage.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Kross: Just do a coin flip or dice roll. Easy. You probably should have those on hand anyway if playing the physical game.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Dark View Post
    @Kross: Just do a coin flip or dice roll. Easy. You probably should have those on hand anyway if playing the physical game.
    Sure, but I always thought that it was considered good practice when designing card games to limit the required use of external objects whenever possible to not fatigue the players any more than they need to be. The more they play, the better the game does.

But I guess thats just my opinion anyway. If I could design a game better than SE, then I already would have... So I definitely could be wrong

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    I'm pretty sure the rule book says something along the lines of "unless otherwise stated, all cards drawn or discarded from the deck are drawn or discarded from the top."

And seriously, think for just 30 seconds. This is a game where you don't need to interact during your opponent's turn. Why the hell are they going to make you pick up your deck and search through the entire thing to find that one card you don't mind discarding during your opponent's turn?
    lol sorry, I only think for about 29 sec before made the post

Can't found it at shadowera_rulebook_v1.0.pdf, is there other version or rulebook besides this?

When u found "ambush" keyword, newbie will search its meaning on rule book because its clearly a keyword.
    But when u found a line that said "each player discard a card from their deck", its have chance of misleading but will not motivated ppl to search further on rulebook either.

Its not about how logic what ppl are assuming, especially by newbie.
    But compared to the effort to fix it, its really nothing
    Like BiJay said "each player discard the top card from their deck" would be better.

A good TCG would make its card text as simple as possible by avoid:
    - refering to other external source (like rulebook)
    - misleading text.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumNinja View Post
    Additionally, the language "discard from their deck" is consistent with other cards already released:

Temporal Disturbance: When a player ends their turn while their hero has shadow energy, they discard a card from their deck.

Dark Revelations: Target opposing player discards a card from their deck.

Scythe of Fate: All players discard a card from their deck.
    Yes, thats why I mentioned Dark Revelation to at my previous post. Its was on older cards to.

Funny thing, I have saved card list web page at June 2013
    Dark Revelation text there was:
    For the next 3 turns, all opponents play with the top card of their deck revealed. 2SE: Target opponent discards the top card of their deck.
    INDO Language Sub-Forum

[SF]Solo Nish/Loest
    Ythan Redthorn, Rush of the Twilight Deck
    Zaladar, Alpha Strike Deck
    Bloodfang, Howl of the Pack Deck

Eyes of the Phoenix
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Dragon
    Favorite SE activity: Meltdown & Deck-Building
    Favorite Card: Anklebreaker
    Favorite Hero: Majiya

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If harbringer was able to choose the card to discard that would make the GB pretty heavy. Think about playing this at turn 2 (discard colossus) and blinded at 3 , is like a colossus at turn 4!!
    TJ 666eroi

ING: TJeroi666

TS Name: TJeroi666

- Champion 32-man version 1.3 Weekend Tournament

test server: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/testchat/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Plus one to this, add "from top of the deck " because it's not that obvious as it may look, so plz make it more specific
    Quote Originally Posted by udy View Post
    lol sorry, I only think for about 29 sec before made the post

Can't found it at shadowera_rulebook_v1.0.pdf, is there other version or rulebook besides this?

When u found "ambush" keyword, newbie will search its meaning on rule book because its clearly a keyword.
    But when u found a line that said "each player discard a card from their deck", its have chance of misleading but will not motivated ppl to search further on rulebook either.

Its not about how logic what ppl are assuming, especially by newbie.
    But compared to the effort to fix it, its really nothing
    Like BiJay said "each player discard the top card from their deck" would be better.

A good TCG would make its card text as simple as possible by avoid:
    - refering to other external source (like rulebook)
    - misleading text.

Yes, thats why I mentioned Dark Revelation to at my previous post. Its was on older cards to.

For the next 3 turns, all opponents play with the top card of their deck revealed. 2SE: Target opponent discards the top card of their deck.
    TJ 666eroi

ING: TJeroi666

TS Name: TJeroi666

- Champion 32-man version 1.3 Weekend Tournament

test server: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/testchat/

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by udy View Post

Oops, sorry, I missed that you had already referred to Dark Revelation in your original post.

In general, I agree with you that card text in games of this nature should be as explicit and clear as possible. "Discard from the top of your deck" is much less ambiguous than "discard from your deck". But in this case, as long as there is consistent usage of the latter phrase throughout the game, I think it is fine to use it.

In the same way that someone has to learn what keywords like frozen or haste mean (which are not explicitly defined on all cards that use them) to fully understand the game, people just have to learn that "discard from your deck" means to discard the top card from your deck.

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kross View Post
    Sure, but I always thought that it was considered good practice when designing card games to limit the required use of external objects whenever possible to not fatigue the players any more than they need to be. The more they play, the better the game does.

But I guess thats just my opinion anyway. If I could design a game better than SE, then I already would have... So I definitely could be wrong
    Rabid Bite has a similar mechanic of randomly selecting an opposing ally/hero, so it's not unprecedented in this game.
    Last edited by QuantumNinja; 12-10-2013 at 06:02 PM.

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's interesting how Murderous Hulk's ability would work in a Free-for-All or 2v2 game. You wouldn't be able to choose which opponent's ally is going to be affected.

For example, suppose in a 1v1 game, your opponent has a 4 health ally and a 5 health ally. You could use the Hulk's ability to deal 2 damage to the 4 health ally, then attack it for another 2. End result: your opponent loses the 4 health ally.

Now suppose you're in a 3-way Free-for-All match. Opponent A has a 4 health ally and a 5 health ally, as before. Opponent B has a 1 health ally. Now if you use the Hulk's ability, it will kill opponent B's 1 health ally, so you can't take out opponent A's 4 health ally using the Hulk alone. You'd have to kill the 1 health ally first through some other means.
    Last edited by QuantumNinja; 12-10-2013 at 04:54 PM.

Queen of Balor
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ohhhhh, just noticed the bottom! There's going to be a community card flavor contest for both of these spoiled cards....