Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ter Stripper

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    well, the one thing i have found out while playing solo ter and semi-solo ter is, you only need draw early. you really do not need draw later as your single cards are overall better than theirs... solo ter is a top deck dream after the early first 5-6 turns. there were several turns in every game i have played him where i didnt even play anything at all (didnt need to).

then you throw DR into the mix, a draw engine itself. so unless you are planning on using bad santa to fill their hand so they do not get any of your cards (a decent play) you have no need for it.

another suggestion, while getting back crippling blow is great, berserker will outshine veteran in a deck like this. i dont know what they were thinking when they designed berserker but he feels like he was designed for a semi-solo ter adun deck. with an easily possible DR with 4 attack, EA in the mix and then a berseker, board control is pretty easy. then you an just hold the crippling blows in your hand till a gargoyle or sandworm pops out.

then looking into the fun aspect of it (while still not being a bad play) you could try putting a couple of selfishness in the mix (that is the name right?) perfect for an aeon or other unique ally, a CB then a selfishness and there is nothing they can do about it but wait till it dies from EA to cast another.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ...i'm using similar Ter based on Birdie's Ter The Gladiator, so not using DR but a Berserker's Edge instead. i guess 1xDR justifies in almost any deck that can use it, but i don't see why i would ever want to run 4x.

@Caitlyn0 - i must say that BraxVeteran+CB+SK is such an amazing to pull off, between this and EA u can literaly lock the board...if u ever get to that point. i also must say i like the idea of buffed Berserker hitting the board big time, as with this deck u will almost always have fewer allies than your opponent...so will take this one out for a spin later on today!
    ...as for Selfishness, not sure i can squeeze it in the deck and not sure is actualy worth it, never felt Aeon givin me too much of a headache when playin this, since i deal dmg to allies either with FT or EA
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    well, the one thing i have found out while playing solo ter and semi-solo ter is, you only need draw early. you really do not need draw later as your single cards are overall better than theirs... solo ter is a top deck dream after the early first 5-6 turns. there were several turns in every game i have played him where i didnt even play anything at all (didnt need to).

then you throw DR into the mix, a draw engine itself. so unless you are planning on using bad santa to fill their hand so they do not get any of your cards (a decent play) you have no need for it.

another suggestion, while getting back crippling blow is great, berserker will outshine veteran in a deck like this. i dont know what they were thinking when they designed berserker but he feels like he was designed for a semi-solo ter adun deck. with an easily possible DR with 4 attack, EA in the mix and then a berseker, board control is pretty easy. then you an just hold the crippling blows in your hand till a gargoyle or sandworm pops out.

then looking into the fun aspect of it (while still not being a bad play) you could try putting a couple of selfishness in the mix (that is the name right?) perfect for an aeon or other unique ally, a CB then a selfishness and there is nothing they can do about it but wait till it dies from EA to cast another.
    I did use Berserkers Edge at first, back when this was just semi-solo, not a Stripper deck but I never really liked it considering that it usually gets destroyed before it reaches it's full potential, not just due to Item D but also armors, IK, Garys etc. DR doesn't need the time to set up. It's just straight up 2-3 damage, even reached up to 4 before with double Reserve Weapon. Ter's cards are obviously high quality, but only to Ter Adun himself. Cards like EA, Aldmor, Brax, Reserve Weapon are rather niche, rarely will your opponent find them useful. Most of my wins also do indeed come from my opponents cards. Only times when I win with DR or my own allies are when both of us are milled out. My losses however, never involve the opponent using my cards, most of the time, they just sac them, playing the occasional SK or Reserve Weapon, which are easy to handle

Berserker I'm definitely gonna try out once I have the time, I do find myself saccing Brax Vet or CBs most of the time just because I keep thinking " I have 6 CBs in this deck, nothing wrong with saccing some". Probably a danger sign so I will try out the Berserkers

Quote Originally Posted by 4Ak View Post
    ...i'm using similar Ter based on Birdie's Ter The Gladiator, so not using DR but a Berserker's Edge instead. i guess 1xDR justifies in almost any deck that can use it, but i don't see why i would ever want to run 4x.

@Caitlyn0 - i must say that BraxVeteran+CB+SK is such an amazing to pull off, between this and EA u can literaly lock the board...if u ever get to that point. i also must say i like the idea of buffed Berserker hitting the board big time, as with this deck u will almost always have fewer allies than your opponent...so will take this one out for a spin later on today!
    ...as for Selfishness, not sure i can squeeze it in the deck and not sure is actualy worth it, never felt Aeon givin me too much of a headache when playin this, since i deal dmg to allies either with FT or EA
    Don't think I can find room for Selfishness either, it is a niche card, so it'll be okay to give it away but I fear it'll be too "niche", not sure I wanna include it just for Aeon when my EA and FT bypasses Protector anyway
    IGN: A1 ShadowBeast

I'm interested in seeing how you plan to kill a shadow

MY COTC DECKS
    Nishaven Hybrid

MY DP DECKS
    FT Trollers #1 Baduruu Shutdown

Ter Stripper

Serena the Card Sharp

A1:Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    the selfishness was more towards the FUN aspect... i wasnt really suggesting it for any kind of serious play
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Shadowborn - if u don't mind saying, how far did you get with this? i have reached 270-280 with that similar Ter i mentioned above (BE > DR) and feel it can't go much further
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm not gonna lie, my rating is still at 230+ . But it's more because I'm too lazy to put in games to increase my rating. Decks I'm facing at this range are rather varied. Some are actually good and well constructed. On the other hand they're lots of other 60 cards nonsense decks too so the cards I steal aren't really that great. Contemplating using my Amber to climb to above 250+ first before using this deck again
    IGN: A1 ShadowBeast

I'm interested in seeing how you plan to kill a shadow

MY COTC DECKS
    Nishaven Hybrid

MY DP DECKS
    FT Trollers #1 Baduruu Shutdown

Ter Stripper

Serena the Card Sharp

A1:Evolution in Theory