Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1-ofs are kewl, as are Toolbox decks, however the "problem" with these is that they require a LOT of fuel. 'tis one of the main reasons why Amber is sooooo good at it (and Boris eventually, but Amber little better cuz of her ability) - BF is there to ensure u actually draw them 1-ofs (honestly, i do not remember playing Amber or vs her where she wouldn't go through AT LEAST half of her deck, usually even more), while JD accelerates resources like crazy allowing u to also play them - i don't think ANY other hero can afford to have toolbox deck and be able to play it so damn effectively as Amber

...ofc, u can include couple of 1-ofs in nearly every deck, but chances of being able to draw them are not as good as with Amber.

when SF comes live this might, and most likely will be a completely different story xD
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Toolbox isn't viable. There are no fetch cards. A toolbox is only good if you can reach in and grab the right tool. This is just 1 ofs. Not knocking the deck, but it's not a toolbox.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i bet if you get rid of the 1-of's your 330 deck becomes 350 - provided you are a good player.. i konw cz i did it
    1 of brax is not enough for lance or majia
    zaldar will fry you
    not to mention the ultimate anti amber hero.. moonstalker
    Amber is the best hero right now in SE.. and your deck can be countered in just too many ways.. im sure you can improve it!!
    you cannot get lucky all the time so betting on BF to get your 1 ofs.. is shaky (cz non of the rest of the draw cards is warrior unique or that good anyway) imho

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @4Ak
    I haven't seen SF yet to be honest so I'm quite curious =]. And I do agree, Amber does it best.

@Akratch
    Oh now I understand. True it isn't a Toolbox, I thought I said it played like a toolbox because of the options you have. But it isnt literally a toolbox as you stated

@Spirits
    How can my deck get counterd? And how is 1 brax not enough? Dropping a braxnorian when opponent drops Portal is usually game right there.

You have to understand that this is a game where opponent "know" each others decks and outs. Thats why certain power cards can catch people on surprise and tilt the game in your favour. Kings Pride and A Legend Rises for example. I don't need to have Sandworm vs Eladwin or Braxnorian vs Majiya, I can win without them. But the odds of me drawing them midgame are really high and also seal the deal when they drop.

The reason I also win my mirror matches is because of the unpredictability of my deck.

I will try to improve it though, but I don't like the weenie amber builds because I like power cards and it isn't fun playing with all 2/3cc allies. I find those builds to be too fragile.

I'd like to play vs you sometime, maybe you can teach me the hard way by schooling me in 1v1 in a amber mirror =]

I als just started playing with this deck again, hit 300 rating yesterday. So i'll write a followup article concerning this deck on of these days to try and argument some of my card choices!
    IGN: SES Aphex

Our store has officially been launched!
    www.shadowerashop.com
    Like us on facebook. We are giving a lot of crystals away every thursday!
    https://www.facebook.com/ShadoweraShop
    To see my foiled out decks in action, be sure to watch my channel
    https://www.youtube.com/user/ShadoweraShop

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Amber Rain, 330 rating during season 8/9

I'll be looking forward to your follow up . I love how unpredictable the deck can be.
    +1 from me

And I'd be lying if I were to say this isn't enticing enough for me to try myself !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice deck! I've been playing only amber since I took up this game (bc I like dual-wield character ) but I had been staying around 300 rating until I saw this deck. I made some changes and it work great . Now my rating is > 330 and If I played more carefully it would be > 340 atm :c. The different between your deck and mine:
    My deck:
    2 puwen, 1 COI
    2 aldon the brave
    2 badsanta, 1 TH
    3 fleet foot
    2 retreat
    none a legend rise
    1 dimension ripper
    total 40 + 1 hero

I love all the 1-of's card. It surprise my opponent all the time ) .
    However, I still trying to find room for 1 a legend rise.
    My IGN: amber rain xyz
    Last edited by N.H.A; 03-07-2014 at 10:48 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Thumbs up This was a great place to start.

I really liked this deck. It was a pretty great template to start with. I built mine just slightly different. Mostly reflecting personal preference.

My Allies loadout was nearly the same. Except I added an extra Sandworm, nixed the Brax, and added two Oracles to balance out the fact that I only used 2 Frenzy's and 1 Bad Santa.

I brought 1 extra Reserve Weapon and 1 less Jeweler's Dream. And I used Dimension Rippers instead of Spectral's because I like the larger durability. And Brought 2 Rampages.

As for Armor, I brought an Extra King's Pride.

Weren't too many tweaks other than that and some general fat trimming. The Deck rounds out at 43 And I'm loving it. Today was my first day of the new season and I'm hanging around 220 already. This deck handles pretty well. Thanks for the advice!

-Jack

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thats good to hear guys! I've been playing this deck for on and off during this season. But actually switched hero for now. Good to hear you Amber players are still doing well though. Maybe I should try some of your changes, because my list hasn't been working very well for me anymore. Due to the meta changing

Also my ign is ses aphex. I've had some of you message me for games. But i'm not sure what your forum names are. Anyway, thanks for the games and i'm always in for a game so don't hesitate to test some decks with me!
    IGN: SES Aphex

Our store has officially been launched!
    www.shadowerashop.com
    Like us on facebook. We are giving a lot of crystals away every thursday!
    https://www.facebook.com/ShadoweraShop
    To see my foiled out decks in action, be sure to watch my channel
    https://www.youtube.com/user/ShadoweraShop

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you want to get to 350+ rating you should use more allies. It would make it a lot easier. As far as 1-offs go... there are certain cases where it's a viable strategy. However, saying things like "how is 1 brax not enough? Dropping a braxnorian when opponent drops Portal is usually game right there" is assuming perfect draw under perfect conditions. The fact that you only have 1 in deck means that you more often than not won't have that brax when you actually need it because the percentage chance of drawing it is too little. This is why "toolbox" decks are inherently weaker than "normal" decks (or whatever you call it). Despite that, amber doesn't have any problems against majiya with or without brax so your reason for inclusion of the brax should be relooked at anyway.