Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lightbulb savage zhanna ghostmaker

Ok so I thought of this deck idea, not sure if it's been done before. I've been testing it out and so far, it's pretty sexy.

Breakdown
    -45 cards total

1x Zhanna Mist
    -I use zhanna because her ability works well with ghostmaker and for stalling until mid-late game where this deck really shines.

2x Lily Rosecult
    -good strength ally with a useful ability to retrieve items if they've been destroyed or used up.

4x Zoe Silversmith
    -her ability can be used every turn to add durability to Ghostmaker. if she is kept alive Ghostmaker will never run out.

4x Priest of the Light
    - good strength ally with his ability to remove the opponents shadow energy, really helps slow the opponent down.

4x Earthen Protector
    -amazing with Ghostmaker, helps keep Aeon Stormcaller or Zoe Silversmith on the board wrecking. also, if they kill the same creature over and over and you keep replaying earthen protector with Ghostmaker, his +2 base attack/health stacks each time. last game I had I brought back Aeon Stormcaller so many times he started as 9/14.

4x Aeon Stormcaller
    -useful to keep Zoe Silversmith alive, also giving her that +1 attack and health each turn. having Aeon Stormcaller / Ghostmaker / Earthen Protector is usually game over alone.

4x Tidal Wave
    used to get out of bad situations as you have Ghostmaker to bring all your allies back if need be. mostly used in the early game to board wipe and then setup after.

4X Focused Prayer
    -almost every deck has annoying items or support abilities, so this comes in handy to kill them.

4x Master Smith
    -used to recycle Ghostmaker/the kings pride.

3x The King's Pride
    -used late game to make your army pretty menacing. also helps make them less squishy when Ghostmaker brings them back.

4x Ghostmaker
    -The amazing crux of this deck, continually bringing back your dead allies each turn. combos, combos, combos.

3x Fleet-footed Messenger
    -useful for cycling cards in your hand to get the cards you need for whichever combo you are trying to set up.

3x Layarian Seductress
    -cost effective and her ability is useful early game to slow the opponent down.

Basically the point of the deck is to get Ghostmaker and use it over and over to build an army. you keep Ghostmaker from running out of durability with Zoe Silversmith. you keep Zoe Silversmith alive with Earthen Protector / Aeon Stormcaller, then you bring Earthen Protector / Aeon Stormcaller back to life with Ghostmaker. Basically you keep reusing Earthen Protector / Aeon Stormcaller and Ghostmaker. there are a bunch of really good combos that once you have the board setup the opponent is locked down no matter what deck they are using. it's easy to get the combos because there are so many cards to retrieve armors/weapons from the graveyard. so the beginning of the game you just use all your allies for fodder, kill as much of their allies/weapons/items as you can until you get your board setup.

Thoughts? Questions?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    interesting concept! only problem i can see is that you have no draw cards so you might run out of steam really quickly

maybe add in some tainted oracles

and if you do.. check out this thread for some inspiration http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....s-of-Dunharrow

good luck!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Jay View Post
    interesting concept! only problem i can see is that you have no draw cards so you might run out of steam really quickly

maybe add in some tainted oracles

and if you do.. check out this thread for some inspiration http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....s-of-Dunharrow

good luck!
    originally I played with wizened staff and oracle, but I found that they hurt more then they helped. the cards that exist are either a part of the combo or assist me in some way that helps me get the combo so I don't really need the card advantage. The only games I have lost with this deck are when I misread what cards I will need later and sacrifice a crucial card like Tidal Wave or Focused Prayer early on

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ...me and one of my guildies have been playing around with Ghostmaker Zhanna awhile ago, but we couldn't find a way to make it competitive. the bigegst issue with GM we kept running to is the fact that u have to actually damage another hero with it and there's simply way too many armors stopping you from being able to do so (...and ofc the 3 durability, so u use it your turn and it gets worn down by Karash and Gary on your opps turn), plust the fact that the revived ally only comes back with 1hp, so anything kills it next turn. the best way to utilize it for me was TO which u actualy want killed anyway

...i would definitely like to see some replays though, if u don't mind posting at least a few games
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, it's been done before, it's actually a very classic Zhanna deck. Google Zhannax 3.0, it's quite similar and a bit slimmer with better draw. It's a fun deck to play, but I find myself always trying to branch out from zhannax style decks because I want more variety.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Ak View Post
    ...me and one of my guildies have been playing around with Ghostmaker Zhanna awhile ago, but we couldn't find a way to make it competitive. the bigegst issue with GM we kept running to is the fact that u have to actually damage another hero with it and there's simply way too many armors stopping you from being able to do so (...and ofc the 3 durability, so u use it your turn and it gets worn down by Karash and Gary on your opps turn), plust the fact that the revived ally only comes back with 1hp, so anything kills it next turn. the best way to utilize it for me was TO which u actualy want killed anyway

...i would definitely like to see some replays though, if u don't mind posting at least a few games
    well as for the armors, thats why there is Focused Prayer and also you can ping down the durability pretty easily if you have the setup especially with kings pride. Ideally you keep bringing your guys back with ghostmaker but it doesnt matter if they have low health because aeon makes them untargetable. and aeon doesnt die because you have earthen protector bringing him back stronger each time, and you bring earthen protector back with ghostmaker. ghostmaker doesnt run out because you add durability each turn with zoe silversmith or you bring ghostmaker back with master smith.

I don't know how to record a video of a game and post it, I'll look into that now.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    no need to record a video, just type your IGN and the one of your opponent (i.e. TJ 4Ak v. TJ Bayushi), as long as said game is still in your last 30 games history, we can look it up

...but adding a link to the one u have selected and recorder is definitely a fancier way of doing it xD

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by m4vis View Post
    well as for the armors, thats why there is Focused Prayer and also you can ping down the durability pretty easily if you have the setup especially with kings pride. Ideally you keep bringing your guys back with ghostmaker but it doesnt matter if they have low health because aeon makes them untargetable. and aeon doesnt die because you have earthen protector bringing him back stronger each time, and you bring earthen protector back with ghostmaker. ghostmaker doesnt run out because you add durability each turn with zoe silversmith or you bring ghostmaker back with master smith.

I don't know how to record a video of a game and post it, I'll look into that now.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Ak View Post
    no need to record a video, just type your IGN and the one of your opponent (i.e. TJ 4Ak v. TJ Bayushi), as long as said game is still in your last 30 games history, we can look it up

...but adding a link to the one u have selected and recorder is definitely a fancier way of doing it xD
    man... it was posted 5 months a go. it should have exeed 30 games history (if he still play SE) lol
    INDO Language Sub-Forum

[SF]Solo Nish/Loest
    Ythan Redthorn, Rush of the Twilight Deck
    Zaladar, Alpha Strike Deck
    Bloodfang, Howl of the Pack Deck

Eyes of the Phoenix
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Dragon
    Favorite SE activity: Meltdown & Deck-Building
    Favorite Card: Anklebreaker
    Favorite Hero: Majiya

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Udy - i would have sworn we've had the discussion back in December (but even it was July, what exactly is wrong with that?))), i forgot abt this thread in the meantime, but ran into it today and though maybe he still plays the deck every now and then, so he might have a specific game that he'd like to share

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts