Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Random play tips

I thought a thread on specific tips might be nice.

For instance, I just went up against a control Zal with my Banebow. I used my 3 shieks on 3 of his 4 EA. This was a bad idea. I could have used them on his Anti-Matters, but, I think the best use would have been to save them for his infinity cores. That was really the card that did me in, much moreso than the EA.

Also, it should go without saying, but, always leave one Shadow Knight in your hand. D'oh! And it's probably a good idea to not sac any of your shadow knights when facing Zal.

Another tip. If you're facing Gwen, go ahead and use your ID on her Bazaar. Her weapons are much less of a problem than that chain of ITF that is to come.

(if anyone disagrees with either tip please do so and explain)

Please add more tips like these if you have any!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    For Baduruu:
    -Against heroes known for their item destruction (mainly Priests/Rogues/Warriors), wait to summon your bow until it'll make the most impact, if you need one last line of defense, or when you have/draw a good ally to go alongside it, like Terror or Wraith. Worst-case scenario you'll only get one shot off, so make it count.
    -Against Millstalker (and regular Moonstalker, to a lesser extent), rush is your best friend. Baduruu isn't the greatest at it, but if you can get a few allies to stick (especially an Acolyte), the match will be a hell of a lot easier. DMT is another great ally for Baduruu to have in this matchup, as he can combine with an ability-boosted Grundler's Double to kill most of Moonstalker's allies, even through stealth.

That's all I got for now.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Again with Shadow Knights. You kinda have to plan ahead with them if you want to cycle. This should be obvious, but, I'm still learning.

I guess the lesson would be that Shadow Knight loops are very good against a lot of control decks. If you think you are facing a control deck consider holding off playing a SK until the board is clear and you are ready to drop a 2nd one. Don't just use them willy nilly to get that Furion Terror back. (but, I guess if you need a Terror badly enough...)

I'm not sure how good this advice is, it's just what I'm working with at the moment.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm starting to think that you take out a bazaar when you see one immediately if you can. I used to think they helped me more than my opponent, but, no longer.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Simple tip:

ALWAYS DESTROY THE DRAW.
    NO DRAW = NO CARDS TO PLAY
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Davis View Post
    I'm starting to think that you take out a bazaar when you see one immediately if you can. I used to think they helped me more than my opponent, but, no longer.
    This is very much true. Bazaar is actually the only card draw that can potentially put you at card disadvantage as opposed to card advantage, because your opponent will draw first and can destroy it, so you end up with one less card than they did (even if they don't blow it up immediately, but assuming that every players draws a card from it every turn).

That said, Bazaar can be useful, especially back in CotC. Back then, there were a fair number of heroes that didn't have reliable (if any) class specific card draw, so playing those heroes almost invariable ending up at a 2:1 draw disadvantage compared to your opponent. By playing Bazaar, you turned that into a 3:2 draw disadvantage, which still wasn't good but it was better to the alternative. It also meant that sometimes you could fill your opponent's hand up so they wouldn't draw all their cards, which was a special problem for Warriors with Blood Frenzy.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When playing champion of irum, you should play him in the most effective way. The example is such as using him to attack first before killing any opposing allies(with cost 3 or greater). This give you additional 1-2 damage.

There is also something to mind when you face an opposing champion. You must kill him first if you can, before summoning any of your allies(with cost 3 or greater) otherwise you might not be able to kill him because of health boost from his passive ability.

But even being very careful, I still sometime make a mistake about this.

Sorry for bad English.
    Last edited by chamthabo; 12-07-2013 at 05:31 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo3yb0i View Post
    Simple tip:

ALWAYS DESTROY THE DRAW.
    +1
    Pokemon don't die, they just faint

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    For common BB mistakes I see too often around:

Don't use BB's ability mindlessly as soon as he's get enough SE. Be patient and wait for it when you get more targets before using the ability.

Don't waste the ability on just a single 2cc ally.

T4 ability into T5 FT is wrong. Use the ability at the same turn play FT for same or even better effect as there is more targets on board you kill.

People not running 4x Sac Lamb is a mistake

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo3yb0i View Post
    Simple tip:

ALWAYS DESTROY THE DRAW.
    This here will win you a LOT of games. Also, have more then one draw source in your deck. Also, try and know what the weakness of each hero and faction is.