Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

My Boris Deck. Any input?

So I have dome my research and spent the past month building this deck. I'm at the point where I win about 5 out of 6 battles and the only time I lose is when the draw just is not on my side. Let me know what you think.

Boris Skullcrusher X1
    Dirk Saber X2
    Kristoffer Wyld X4
    Puwen Bloodhelm X4
    Erika Shadowhunter X1
    Aldon the Brave X2
    Armored Sandworm X1
    Aeon Stormcaller X1
    Reserve Weapon X2
    War Banner X2
    Crippling Blow X4
    Blood Frenzy X4
    Berserker's Edge X2
    Jeweler's Dream X2
    Braxnorian Soldier X1
    Yari Spearman X4

Total: 41 cards

The whole idea is to constantly have Allies on the field. Jeweler's dream that has been brought back with reserve weapon and another reserve weapon in play gives Jeweler's dream 3 damage and +2 resources. With bazaar and Blood frenzy both in play, its impossible to not have a card to play. Also there is a good mixture of higher level allies with different effects to handle almost any situation. The main issue is the mages and their spells but I can usually kill their hero before mine.

Basically the idea is kill them ASAP and board control

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think you are running too many weenies...but with that many, you absolutely would need more than 4 draw cards in your deck...you need BS if you use all those low cost allies.

With no retreat or Dragon's Tooth, how will you deal with an opposing Aeon?
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks tough! Nice build bro!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    First I would like to say, Shadow Man, Thanks for the input. I did some research and looked for the best cards for Boris and this is what i found. since the ratings reset recently I was able to do some comparing. With the last build it took me all month to get up to a rating of 200. With this new build I went from a rating of about 30 to 215 in a matter of a few hours.

Here It is:

Boris Skullcrusher X1
    Puwen Bloodhelm X2
    Aldon the Brave X2
    Priest of the Light X3
    Armored Sandworm X3
    Aeon Stormcaller X2
    Reserve Weapon X2
    War Banner X2
    Smashing Blow X2
    Enrage X1
    Crippling Blow X4
    Blood frenzy X4
    Retreat! X4
    Shrine of Negatia X2
    Bad Santa X2
    Jeweler's Dream X2
    Layarian Seductress X3

There is a good draw engine, A healthy way to destroy any attachment, weapon, support or abilities, and allies with great abilities (specially Layrian who disables an ally when summoned). I tried the yari spearmen combo. Its okay but only if you can get all 4 out on the field with a war banner and Aldon on the field but this set up is so rare to pull off I just got rid of them and went a different route for field control.

ALSO, FOR THOSE WHO ARE NEW TO THIS, don't forget you can cast retreat on your own allies. This is uuber handy when one of your powerful allies are about to die because it restores their health and also destroys all cards attached to it... Like crippling blow for instance.

Feedback is awesome and I am interested in other peoples strategy.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This build is better than your first one imo, but you really should replace Reserve Weapon...you only carry 2 weapons in the deck and RW would be a completely dead draw with JD buried deeper in your deck.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Second build is much better, Retreat, Smashing blow/shrine are important I think.

As suggested replace the RW and JD, probably by dragon's tooth and spectral saber.
    Also Jasmine is very good with Boris ability to control the board, I think I prefer her instead of PotL in your style of deck.
    You're planning to take control of the board over steadily, PotlL is too squishy for that going second.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i think im going to remove the shrine and replace some allies like Champion of Irum. Seems like your on low on allies. You want to fully utilize your war banner if your on that kind of strategy.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ^^this....add some 2cc allies. i like your toolbox approach to deckbuilding though - one can say SE is not the first TCG u r playin ))))
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks guys for all the tips but im keeping this one the way it is for a bit longer. the reserve weapons are absolutly great to have. the JD with a RW gives it +1 attack making the total 2, then after the JD is spent I can use the RW ability and get the JD back, then summon the second RW and boom! now I have a weapon with +3 attack AND i get +2 resources every time I attack. I use this combo quite often (id say 1 in 4 matches). I got rid of most of the 2cc allies simply because they are useless later in the match. And the shrine is also a key card to have specially against mages. Also, Potl is better than jasmine in my opinion and here is why: I would rather postpone my enemy's hero from using their ability than disable an ally for one turn. Plus, with Jasmine, you have to summon her, wait a turn, then use 2cc to use her ability.... poor combo. Why not just summon Layarian Seductress and immediately disable them until my next turn? This is quicker, cost less cc, and is easier to execute.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My idea is to have a deck that I can use in tourneys and join a team. I have this deck set up so I can defeat any hero, any time. I'm not saying i am there yet but i'm pretty darn close.