Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Zaladar, thoughts on what to improve

So I decided to create a new deck since the ratings got reset and decided with a new zaladar deck.

Contains;
    1x Zaladar

4x Spark
    2x Ironhide Karash
    4x Infernal Gargoyle
    3x Death Mage Thaddeus
    2x Bad Wolf
    4x Wulven Tracker
    3x Shadow Knight

2x Energy Discharge
    4x Transference
    4x Mind Control
    4x Shadow Font
    2x Bad Santa
    1x Dimension Ripper

Sparks are there cause they can provide huge early game advantage with a little luck, either in the form of getting 2 early or used as part of a santa bomb.
    Ironhide is a decent 2 drop, was added after removal of some cards that weren't pulling their weight. Not completely sure if it's a keeper may remove.
    Gargoyle, don't need an explanation their awesome.
    Death mage has great synergy with ability, only 3 cause unique.
    Bad Wolves are there in case my opponent's hero is such that I can afford to be greedier with my turn 3 drop. Also help out against heroes using evil ascent.
    Wulven Tracker is a source of draw.
    Shadow Knights are there as winning condition, between recycling them and heroes ability can usually secure the game. So I tend to wait to play them until I acquire 2.
    Energy Discharge, allows reclaiming of the board. As well as making use of disabled heroes. For example you can use it on a disabled shadow knight to continue the recycling.
    Transference allows for disrupting enemy strategies, stealing damage away from rush heroes or weapons. Also it allows for a chance to acquire item destruction from your opponent(which happens a surprising number of times between these and dimension ripper).
    Mind Control, nuff said.
    Shadow Font, essentially a lightning bolt.
    Bad Santa's allow for emergency draw as well as giving the possibility for a santa bomb.
    Dimension Ripper, allows for disruption of opponents deck and most cards in own deck are easily dealt with/non-optimal plays for an opponent(except mind control).

So thoughts on how to improve? I have been hesitant to alter it recently since it has been relatively successful and as of the writing of this post has gotten me to a 340 rating(though ratings are in flux with the new season). So what needs to be altered/removed to really take my deck to the next level? I have plenty of gold to purchase cards that may be needed. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    based on my experience i prefer karesh because it lasts longer than a spark. spark can deal 1 damage and dies way too easily.
    also, i dont include transference on my decks because i would rather draw my own card. If you want to take opp cards then use 3x Dimension rippper
    I also use Furrion terror on my deck because furrion terror + zal ability = 5 damage and that is awesome =P
    i also use morphic armor because there are soo many warriors so i have 1-2 just in case
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Remove Energy Discharge(it's more of a Elementalis card), Transferrence, Sparks, Wulven Tracker and DR( if you want to use DRs you have to build your deck around it, meaning, Rush Zal with no Mind Controls)

Add in Sac Lamb, 1 more Bad Santa, 2 more Karash and Morbid Acolytes. Considering that it's Sandworms and Gargoyles that give Zal a hard time, MA allows you to take them out easily

Consider adding in Darkwood Wraith too. Furrion Terror is very good, however I feel that it is too aggressive, it doesn't help his bad matchups. With DW, you can retreat their weenies, Jasmine, Aldon, buffed Elementalis ally, saving up your MCs for fatties and you Shadow ability
    IGN: A1 ShadowBeast

I'm interested in seeing how you plan to kill a shadow

MY COTC DECKS
    Nishaven Hybrid

MY DP DECKS
    FT Trollers #1 Baduruu Shutdown

Ter Stripper

Serena the Card Sharp

A1:Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with shadow born ED and DR not good... And even bad wolf try death collector the will be more helpful... 4 transference is too much... Increase ur draw engine...

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Lol, world champ Leo had DR in his amber. It's not a bad card.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    U forgot Antimatter , Swadowvein , Shriek of Vegeance and Soul Reaper ...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    By not good i meant not good for his present deck... Or should i say not much useful in his deck..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    antimatter is the best draw card for Zal. you can replace the tracker with it.