Close

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo3yb0i View Post
    I agree so I suggest we do a Bo3 of Bo7 games or Bo7 of Bo3 games. Just saying it will make it more epic. =]
    and players are not allowed to use toilet? just saying it will make it more cruel. =]
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojumbo View Post
    The second method. Basically, if you go first game 3 then make sure your opponent goes first game 4. I'll update the op to include your example.
    The first method is better imo, it allows for the player to know when he is going first or second in almost all games, this allow more sideboard interaction, since you can carry cards that are better going first and ones that are better going second
    White Shadow of Vozit
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ocnarb View Post
    The first method is better imo, it allows for the player to know when he is going first or second in almost all games, this allow more sideboard interaction, since you can carry cards that are better going first and ones that are better going second
    On the other hand this forces the players to side for random start as well as going first and second. It also is faster as there is no restarting games 3,5, and 7

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz92zaq View Post
    On the other hand this forces the players to side for random start as well as going first and second. It also is faster as there is no restarting games 3,5, and 7
    Yes, but I think a side knowing if you are going first or second is best than a random one.

I agree that can really be boring to try to make a specific player first in lots of games =(
    White Shadow of Vozit
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Go Leo!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looking forward to watch this two great players battle!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by The Haydes View Post
    I'll just say that I think deck lock is a for bad idea for a Bo7 even with a sideboard. Matchups in SE are very important and who wants to know you lost the series in game 1 when you see your Zal up against BB? Without the lock a single bad match up doesn't determine the winner. With the lock, it may. It also shows for hero versatility if your not deck locked. We won't see an Amber with the lock, but we probably do without. Good luck to you both and hope you can guess the matchup correctly.
    This!

If matchup goes wrong, it will be very boring 4 games.. Now it is more of psychic war or lucky guess winner, than versitile adaptable Shadow era player.

I believe, that you could come up with more elegant solution (such as three heroes, while the defeated has to bring new one, or something like this). Now its really not that EPIC..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by sh1va View Post
    This!

If matchup goes wrong, it will be very boring 4 games.. Now it is more of psychic war or lucky guess winner, than versitile adaptable Shadow era player.

I believe, that you could come up with more elegant solution (such as three heroes, while the defeated has to bring new one, or something like this). Now its really not that EPIC..
    While the deck lock format makes it more RPS, you can be sure that the high level players will be analyzing their deck/ hero options very carefully. Will LD bring BB that did great in day 2? Will Leo bring a hero that does well against BB? Or will there be reverse psychology thinking in terms of their hero choices? Also, the presence of sideboard also allow them to prep for poorer match up.

I actually think it will be amazing (though I also won't mind a slugfest format).
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good luck LD!
    IGN: TJ BlueJet24

Founder of Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by The Haydes View Post
    I'll just say that I think deck lock is a for bad idea for a Bo7 even with a sideboard. Matchups in SE are very important and who wants to know you lost the series in game 1 when you see your Zal up against BB? Without the lock a single bad match up doesn't determine the winner. With the lock, it may. It also shows for hero versatility if your not deck locked. We won't see an Amber with the lock, but we probably do without. Good luck to you both and hope you can guess the matchup correctly.
    I think the decklock is appropriate for the finals of the World Championship. You bring the deck you think has the best chance against any hero. You use your sideboard to supplement your weaknesses. Allowing for change of heroes within the Bo7 just ends up with the players trying to get good matchups rather than constructing a championship deck.

I wonder if it ends up being Millstalker vs Millstalker, how many people will be around to finish the entire series.