Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

What is Shadow Era?

What is Shadow Era?

Well, it's a game...right? It's a Card game? ...right? It's a highly complex mathematical and stratigic Card game? ... Right? Maybe?

No!

Shadow Era, is a community that has grown from this game.

Let me explain.. .....go way back in time with me, before iPads , before cellphones! Before Sonic the hedgehog or Mario and his brother were even born! We played with friends, games , card games, board games or god forbid something outside in the harsh elements of Mother Nature.

Point is we played together, friends, enemy's, neutral and noobs, we had little choice, it was the best possible thing we could do. It was fun! And no matter the outcome of yesterday's baseball or soccer game vs the other guys, we would be back to try again.

Shadow Era, is one of the few games online where a game with a set of cool cards has brought many people together, in hopes and anticipation of newer and better game play, we all hang around, grind the ladder and get deeper into the forums.
    All TCG's and CCg's have thier own forum, ways to get knowledge of the game and how it's played. But few if any have the fellowship or family that can be found here! No, you won't become the newest hottest poster quickly, no you won't get to a 300 rating by reading and using a few tier 1 decks ( unless your extraordinarily lucky!) but you will find the ways to get all that here.
    After quite a while of playing and being involved, I've found people across the world, who I can share myself with, they can help me with my game, my deck or my play style. But more importantly they can help me in my real life. Even if it's just answering a question on a thread, a funny post or perhaps a private message that connects, they are , making a gamers forum into a community.
    That is what SE is. To me at least. Any other CCG game I've played and checked out the forums are about as special as a trip to Walmart, it's supposed to look friendly but it's really just a big front, supporting people who don't give a crap about you or what you do, as long as you spend money with them.

I ask you to take a little time to realize you are part of something here, something bigger and better than the designers ever figured. ( I'm sure the smart ones hoped for it!) but be part of this game you enjoy so much as to take your time to read this. If your this far into it why not go a little farther?
    Reply to a thread, post a new one, PM a friend or somebody new here to get them involved.
    The SE community is all of us and I am convinced is one of the best out there, that promotes, great gaming and friendship. It's a free to play game that can be championed by anybody willing to put in the time. ( thier are faster ways oc!). But really if your part of this game, by playing, joining a guild, organizing tourneys or just posting on forums, realize this is a rare area on the playfeild of Internet games.

Be part of it, and let us get to know you.

(Now, go ahead and tell us what yo think? Agree, disagree? How has SE affected you, if at all, are you into making friends or just going for the best deck? ).
    No answer is wrong, that's another great thing about this community that SE created, it's free, it's open , and as long as you can be mature"ish" , you can say what you will!
    I challange you!

What is SE?.........( awaiting your response)
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    SE relieves my stress. When I'm down, I go to QM and beat some noob up. Playing SE is my way of saying "I don't wanna do something productive today let me just do this" SE community is great. The community is probably the only reason I'm still around. Without threads to post on I have nothing to do. I'll be forced to do something productive and who wants that? Seriously?
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    SE is SE...
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well said Kip. +1.

This place plus the ASF/ETC forums are my havens. I can come here and hang out with people that are friendly and approachable and respect me for me. Scarily I feel closer to some of you than my RL friends. The forums tie me to this game just as much (if not more so) than the game itself.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    Well said Kip. +1.

This place plus the ASF/ETC forums are my havens. I can come here and hang out with people that are friendly and approachable and respect me for me. Scarily I feel closer to some of you than my RL friends. The forums tie me to this game just as much (if not more so) than the game itself.
    'Tis true...my wife gets so upset at how much time I spend "playing a game with my internet buddies" as she calls it. The players and close friends from our guilds are why we are here...well that, and every now and then we are actually here to play the game!
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip thorp View Post
    No answer is wrong
    Despite that, I feel that my response can't compare to your summary of the game!
    Aside from being the abbreviation of Shadow Era, SE is the world in which I play an amazing card game (the only one that I actually find is a viable source of entertainment for adults, actually. Screw Yugioh and MtG.), exercise my brain with strategizing for the aforementioned game, and spill the fantasy side of the storyteller part of me (the scifi-horror section in this shelf of my brain's library is much bigger, by the way). In addition, the developers and owner of the game are active, friendly members of the forum community--huge plus to the area of producer-customer relationship.
    No animals were harmed in the making of this sig... I tried, but that damn monkey was way too fast.

IGN: Disturbed Animal

Queen of Balor
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Awwww.....Nice post Kip! <3

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    it is because of firesnake. that is one of the reasons i played se :P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by maru View Post
    it is because of firesnake.
    All hail our Lord Firesnake!
    No animals were harmed in the making of this sig... I tried, but that damn monkey was way too fast.

IGN: Disturbed Animal

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Soviet Entertainment.
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.