Close

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I feel you pain, man, I've been there myself. When somebody deleting your posts, it just feels bad, it feels like you're being disrespectfully ignored and just generally unwelcome.

To Wulven and forum staff: I just don't get it, why are you afraid of public discussion, like honest, sincere and straight to the point. People value that. Not that you're trying to sweep everything under a rug. Everyone makes mistakes, and it's ok. I know that it hurts to admit them, but it's better than trying to run away from it.

Or maybe you're afraid of critical posts damaging your reputation? Maybe you should've cared about your reputation when expansion came half a year late or pre-order bonuses just didn't get made?

Maybe you want to be one of those gaming forums where any criticism or disagreement is strongly moderated? I see it is heading in that direction, but that's not in your interests, trust me, because people don't take such forums seriously and don't take such companies seriously either.

Where did the times of friendly dialog between users and developers go? All I see now is iron curtain.
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BP JinT View Post
    Don't go man. DT fail or not your an asset to the community
    DT fail?

Just because we on the Design Team perform double or even triple duty, to give Wulven great value for their money, I don't think it's fair to assign collective blame to the whole group.

Poor Anurak, who never does anything apart from designing cards, had no part in this at all!

And Soothslyr and NachyoChez were just commentating all weekend, and also not involved in the organisation.

As for Mojumbo and I, we both did our best in the parts of WC2013 that we organised, and that was done outside our roles on the Design Team, as considerable extra volunteer work. If there are any Ogloth's for punishment out there who would like to volunteer to organise next year's World Championships then please do get in touch.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    1. I will let Mojumbo handle that one (again if he decides to do so), I'm not a TO for a reason. However (I'll go against that for a second), I'll take a shot in the dark and say that he did make a decision on it and one that should be abided by because he's the ref, rather you think the call was wrong or not.

2. It is a misunderstanding. You think we close these threads or edit posts without reason, which is false. I suppose that wasn't clear from my post, well that's what I was referring too. Also no one is gagging you, we're just asking for you to do this in the appropriate manner rather than involving the whole forums which is not necessary.

3. Same as 1, although I won't take a shot in the dark with this one.
    1. A ref and a TO is different. Yes, calls by a ref or TO should be adhered to, by players. It does not change the fact that it was a wrong call.

2. If only private messages worked. But No, they don't. But fine, I can see your point about not involving the whole forums but at the same time, people should know what is going on or what has happened.

Lastly, as I have always said, if there was anything I said is that wrong or if my point is invalid, point it out. If I am proven wrong, then I am wrong. The issue I have is that no one is giving me reasonable answers.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A1 Icebear: A1's Glacial Claws of Fury

A1 Evolution in Theory

check out SE Toolbox, deck building & analyzing & probability calculations all in one tool:
    video
    download

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    1. A ref and a TO is different. Yes, calls by a ref or TO should be adhered to, by players. It does not change the fact that it was a wrong call.

2. If only private messages worked. But No, they don't. But fine, I can see your point about not involving the whole forums but at the same time, people should know what is going on or what has happened.

Lastly, as I have always said, if there was anything I said is that wrong or if my point is invalid, point it out. If I am proven wrong, then I am wrong. The issue I have is that no one is giving me reasonable answers.
    1. Personally, I don't see the difference between the two, one handles the rules of the game and the other handles the rules of the tournament. Besides that difference they basically do the same thing.

2. Send me one anytime.

Reasonable answers is quite subjective. I'm sorry if what you've been told isn't reasonable for you, but that's what it is. We asked you, instead of posting them publicly to send any of that info to the TO (or Kyle) where it would be looked at by those who have the means to do anything about it (if they deem it necessary), to accompany with this we removed your thread so it could be dealt with properly. That's it, nothing more, nothing less.

EDIT: Let me make it clear that I'm talking about the act of removing your thread and not the TO's decisions or anything along those lines.
    Last edited by Demnchi; 11-25-2013 at 08:00 PM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1. The public ought to know the brackets were wrong for day 1. huge mistake. When mojumbo was provided with the opportunity to set things right, he did not do so.
    It should be noted that the brackets weren't really "wrong" so much as I had to strong-arm challonge into mirroring what the forum brackets "should have" looked like. It was messy, I will openly admit that, but it did come out alright. The major issue that needed to be avoided was playing past losers round 3 on the forum brackets. Essentially, it wanted Pandevmonium, for example, to play 4 rounds in the lower bracket while blackmask (who was in the same position as Pandevmonium) would only have to play 2 rounds. That would've been silly so it was hastily corrected.
    Proud member of the Shadow Era Design Team
    Love and Peace!
    Former Physical World Champion
    Card Advantage 101

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojumbo View Post
    It should be noted that the brackets weren't really "wrong" so much as I had to strong-arm challonge into mirroring what the forum brackets "should have" looked like. It was messy, I will openly admit that, but it did come out alright. The major issue that needed to be avoided was playing past losers round 3 on the forum brackets. Essentially, it wanted Pandevmonium, for example, to play 4 rounds in the lower bracket while blackmask (who was in the same position as Pandevmonium) would only have to play 2 rounds. That would've been silly so it was hastily corrected.
    GDC apparently moved the contents of my thread to a "only for some eyes" area: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....757#post445757

I believe you should be able to see it. Also, if you are able to view it, you can see that I put in a lot of effort to present it. spent time to do the graphics and charts. (And bam, it was "deleted")

I like you, Mojumbo. I am pretty mad at some people, not you. unruler sums up why i am angry. I am not being unreasonable. At least you make sense. And I do appreciate you trying to solve the bracket problem of Day 1, even though, imo, it was not the best plan.

with all due respect, I disagree that "it did come out alright" - a different MU, a different hero, could have made a lot of difference when the results snowpile one on top of another.

In brief:

The wrong brackets:

Poochie vs Keropok
    Raph vs Monomax
    Black mask vs slowtown
    pandev vs iClipse

The correct brackets:

Pandev vs Keropok
    Black mask vs Monomax
    Raph vs slowtown
    poochie vs iClipse

I made effort to make the correct brackets; hope you'll take a look at it: http://challonge.com/CORRECTWCday1
    Last edited by Raphael Majere; 11-25-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I like you, Mojumbo. I am pretty mad at some people, not you. unruler sums up why i am angry. I am not being unreasonable. At least you make sense.
    So it sounds like you are just angry by enforcement of the Code of Conduct then?

That went up quite a while back, but maybe this is another situation of misunderstanding and then debate after the fact?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree that's how challenge would've presented the brackets. If challonge was used on Day 1, those would be the matchups. However, the forum bracket seeded the lower bracket players differently. The problem with byes was spotted during loser's round 3 when all the round 2 games had finished up. I actually had to get Emigor and Pandev to stop playing so I could correct the brackets before any serious damage was done! We didn't really have the option of rolling back loser's round 2 results. The events, as you know, were particularly long and gruelling. A rollback would've made it even longer.

Again, it sucks that Day 1 was hit with technical hiccups and I do understand your frustration as a result but we did do our best attempt at "damage control" given the circumstances we were faced with at the time. We will make sure WC2014 runs a whole lot smoother!
    Last edited by Mojumbo; 11-25-2013 at 08:31 PM.
    Proud member of the Shadow Era Design Team
    Love and Peace!
    Former Physical World Champion
    Card Advantage 101

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I understand mono being frustrated. I do not understand why you are a frustrated. You are complaining because you had to play someone you didn't want to play, in a randomly assigned tournament? Who cares if it was rearranged, as long as you had to face a valid opponent there is no reason for this.
    Elder TJ