Close

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrogene View Post
    Just to point out here that not everyone in SE is supportive of Raph being WC 2014 TO. I'm glad Wulven will not treat this as some popularity contest.

Raph, if you were just completely pissed with Wulven and the DT, please just quit quietly instead of this strange convoluted way of getting yourself made WC 2014 TO. What if there are conflicts between you and Wulven in the midst of the organisation again? Are you just going to threaten to quit and walk away? The WC period would probably last for an extended period. If you are not going to be involved in SE in any other way (I understand you have quit BP?), are you sure you have the interest and incentive to carry on?

I don't think anyone doubts your technical competency much but your objectivity also leaves much to be desired. Sure, you can have checks and balances to ensure the TO cannot manipulate the results too much but there are all these subtle little things the TO is capable of doing to give advantage to particular parties.

Besides, imo Mojumbo and the rest of the team did a decent job anyway and it's not like they are incapable of listening to feedback. I'm sure they can make WC 2014 a resounding success.

So, I'm sorry to say I personally do not support you as WC 2014 TO.
    Organizing the WC is volunteer-work and I see it more like:

"I'm unhappy with how the tournament was ran and I volunteer to help it move forward."

Sure, WC 2014 TO is a fancy title, but at the end of the day, it is pretty time consuming.
    IGN: TJ Rated GG

currently playing:
    GG's Lance - The Diplomat

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Agree that WC and big events should be run by "neutral" players like DT or Wulven employees but if you read GDC's or even Kyle's posts, Mojumbo and the rest had to do 10 things at the same time and thats why was all delayed and we had like 5 regionals in the last 2 weeks before WC.

A TO that only has to organize the event without any other concern in SE, can do it better because he can focus in it and nothing else (excpet RL, ofc)

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomzed View Post
    I think that sometimes it may be good that someone other than existing Wulven members can organise tourneys... however, for such big scale official events, I think it's always better to get someone who has a good relationship with all the major guilds.

Just look at the ladder season 8 fiasco, there were many unsubtle cries of "unfair refereeing" when the original leaders were deducted points. In the past tourneys, there were also incidents of accusations of "bias refereeing".

I can think of a few bir...erm, I mean persons who fit the bill, people like preybird (likeable and active guy) and warr Byrd (no guild affiliation and straight talking). They will probably be a better candidate to ensure that emotions don't run too high.
    Which is why, if u read my earlier post, if i am appointed, I want experienced TOs from each guild to join me and discuss and provide advice during the planning/execution of each WC qualifier and provide actual refereeing during live events.
    Last edited by Raphael Majere; 11-27-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm not sure if it's ok to let guild members to organize this event but I'm not participating, so I don't really care.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikola D View Post
    As long as new member is not dead or imaginary. I don't think they would fall in existing category.
    Haha Buqs would love a Gravebone inspired Wulven staff.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    TO cannot manipulate the results too much but there are all these subtle little things the TO is capable of doing to give advantage to particular parties.
    Then feel free to call TO out on that! Oh wait, you can't because of "Code of Conduct" or Kyle's whim or whatever censorship rules run on this forum.
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Rated GG View Post
    Organizing the WC is volunteer-work and I see it more like:

"I'm unhappy with how the tournament was ran and I volunteer to help it move forward."

Sure, WC 2014 TO is a fancy title, but at the end of the day, it is pretty time consuming.
    I'm sure many people would volunteer to be the President of the United State without any pay even though it is an exhausting job. But that doesn't mean they should be.

I appreciate his willingness to sacrifice his time. I really do. But that has no bearing on my opinion to his suitability.

Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    Then feel free to call TO out on that! Oh wait, you can't because of "Code of Conduct" or Kyle's whim or whatever censorship rules run on this forum.
    Subtle implies not even having outright evidence. E.g. picking a time slot for the finals that you know would be more advantageous to your interest party.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I don't think anyone doubts your technical competency much but your objectivity also leaves much to be desired. Sure, you can have checks and balances to ensure the TO cannot manipulate the results too much but there are all these subtle little things the TO is capable of doing to give advantage to particular parties.
    Pyrogene, we've had a number if TO's and OOPS involved with WC events who have guild affiliations this year, and as far as I'm aware there where no improprieties with regards to manipulations. Could you perhaps point to some specifics occurrences to justify this concern?
    Captain of Team BP, winners of Guild War Z
    LINK

Picture Caption: BP players watching me play LIVE in Singapore, for Guild Wars, me in South Africa, vs. Rayzie in Australia

IGN: BP TheSt4lker

It is noble to die in battle. It is far more noble to make the other guy die in battle

Noble hunter of darkness
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

INFORMATION ON OUR GUILD

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmet476 View Post
    I'm not sure if it's ok to let guild members to organize this event but I'm not participating, so I don't really care.
    This is partially why I have only organized one tournament during my time in SE.

I'm affiliated to a party that might or might not want an advantage. That would not change even if I would leave the guild as there would be no evidence of me not being affiliated to the said party any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSt4lker View Post
    Pyrogene, we've had a number if TO's and OOPS involved with WC events who have guild affiliations this year, and as far as I'm aware there where no improprieties with regards to manipulations. Could you perhaps point to some specifics occurrences to justify this concern?
    I would say that the recent Quick-Match ladder shenanigans are enough to justify that concern.
    Last edited by Airact; 11-27-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Subtle implies not even having outright evidence. E.g. picking a time slot for the finals that you know would be more advantageous to your interest party.
    So this year, would he have picked a time slot to favour the BP Players in the finals in Asia, or the ones in Europe, who would have preferred different time slots? I'm sorry, that's a really silly example.
    Captain of Team BP, winners of Guild War Z
    LINK

Picture Caption: BP players watching me play LIVE in Singapore, for Guild Wars, me in South Africa, vs. Rayzie in Australia

IGN: BP TheSt4lker

It is noble to die in battle. It is far more noble to make the other guy die in battle

Noble hunter of darkness
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

INFORMATION ON OUR GUILD