Close

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Well, I agree with you on most of that. They are valid reasons to desert a game, and I expect people have left because of one or more of those things. Hard lessons have had to be learned.

Let's break them down:

1) DP physical pre-order. I think there's enough feedback about that on other threads, so should not be discussed here, but I agree there were failures there. Wulven is addressing this by not taking pre-orders so far in advance in future.

2) Poor execution and organisation of WC2013. I think there's enough feedback about that on other threads, so should not be discussed here, but I agree that there were failures there. Wulven addressed this by appointing Mojumbo the TO, who you admit did "most the right things".

3) Game bugs like EA and Shriek. I think there's enough feedback about that on other threads, so should not be discussed here, but I agree that there were failures there. Wulven addressed them by fixing the bugs, but unfortunately the latter is not yet live since the fix is being trialed on the Design Server first and depends on Apple approval to get into the live release.

4) Modified ladder system. I think there's enough feedback about that on other threads, so should not be discussed here, but I agree it could be better. Wulven was attempting to address an issue with cheating that you and others brought to our attention at short notice. The new system is being monitored and will be adapted as necessary to achieve our aims for Quick Match.

5) Long delays in features. I think there's enough feedback about that on other threads, so should not be discussed here, but obviously that has harmed the game. The kickstarter is Wulven's way of getting the resources to complete those features.

Seems a shame to leave when things are already improving and will continue to do so. Especially when the new set is going to be the best yet.
    I will PM you on those. If I ever get down to it. Best not for me to discuss those here. As Kyle said.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    i think Mojumbo did a GREAT job with the tournaments considering all the problems he had no control over and had to deal with. and i am not sure you understand exactly what you would be getting into there with that last statement.

::i editted out the rest::
    I like that man.

I agree mojumbo was handed a sinking ship but we are not really talking about mojumbo, are we? I am not sure how involved u were in WC, or how much u know regarding the WC issues. There are things mojumbo most certainly did that exceeded my expectations but there are some things that were not well handled. I don't really wish to bring them up here.

Do you remember what I mentioned in another WC thread? (Which has since been deleted or moved) - one that u also posted on.

I mentioned that the day I stop poking is the day I no longer care about the positive development and growth of SE. I am pretty much at that stage now.
    Last edited by Raphael Majere; 11-26-2013 at 12:49 PM.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    I will PM you on those. If I ever get down to it. Best not for me to discuss those here. As Kyle said.
    I meant they have their own threads, so you can post there if there's more to add beyond what's already there. PM is good too though.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    These arguments on here always remind me of a court case and makes me think the game is full of lawyers. So much in-depth evidence, but where is the great Judith Sheindlin?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    there is poking...

and then there is closing the hatch, putting the tray in the upright postion and hitting the launch button on the mother ship.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Please do not continue to bring up the same topic again and again. Especially in somebody's ragequit thread. Explanations have been given already so I won't bother to repeat it now.

The forums were previously very lax on the moderating and the result was not good. Not good at all. We want this to be a friendly place and unfortunately that means topics have to be closed.

I'm sorry if my mocking a ragequitter has disappointed you. I thought that was pretty much standard practice... However, Raph has been with the community for a long time so I'm pretty sure he "gets it."
    Ahhh...I think I "get it". So sarcasm and mock sincerity are passing for friendly now? Well in that spirit...let me thank you for bothering to interrupt your tireless commitment to providing timely improvements to the game to address some frivolous concerns of a few customers.
    Courageous Wanderer of the Pointless Forest
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblio91 View Post
    Ahhh...I think I "get it". So sarcasm and mock sincerity are passing for friendly now? Well in that spirit...let me thank you for bothering to interrupt your tireless commitment to providing timely improvements to the game to address some frivolous concerns of a few customers.
    Yesss! Welcome to the forums Oblio91! You've been promoted to Senior Member!

But wait, I'm confused... So is Raph still leaving or did he just volunteer to do WC2014??

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    did he just volunteer to do WC2014??
    Would be awesome!
    Knight of the Dragon Order
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix (click)
    Greatness, Reborn

My current achievements:Achievements
    PFG3 Member

FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA
    https://twitter.com/meeeklosh
    https://www.twitch.tv/meeklosh
    https://www.youtube.com/user/milosradojevicvp/videos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post

As for Mojumbo and I, we both did our best in the parts of WC2013 that we organised, and that was done outside our roles on the Design Team, as considerable extra volunteer work. If there are any Ogloth's for punishment out there who would like to volunteer to organise next year's World Championships then please do get in touch.
    But wait, I'm confused... So is Raph still leaving or did he just volunteer to do WC2014??
    I volunteer to do WC 2014. Let me get it right once and for all.

I won't be playing in it (of course) and my basic suggestions are as follows:

1. Stick to the current format of 16 'invites'.

2. Stick to the Day 1 and Day 2 format of double elimination; Day 1 (deck lock), Day 2 (Sideboard). My suggestion is to follow the exact double elimination format. If the winner of the winner's bracket loses in 1 Rd, he will be allowed to play the final round with the winner of the losers' brackets.

3. All the invites will be earned through "Winter Regionals 2012" style - X number of Swiss Rd, Final 16 of each regional battle it out in a single-elimination tourney.

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....-(Winter-2012)

4. SE is a great community and there are many knowledgeable players. Before WC 2014 rules are set, if I am made WC TO, I will want to engage the community in a POSITIVE manner and get their feedback and reviews on WC 2013 so that WC 2014 can be made right.

PS: I am not applying to be SE's OOPS. Just WC 2014 TO.
    Last edited by Raphael Majere; 11-27-2013 at 05:20 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    I volunteer to do WC 2014. Let me get it right once and for all.

I won't be playing in it (of course) and my basic suggestions are as follows:

1. Stick to the current format of 16 'invites'.

2. Stick to the Day 1 and Day 2 format of double elimination; Day 1 (deck lock), Day 2 (Sideboard). My suggestion is to follow the exact double elimination format. If the winner of the winner's bracket loses in 1 Rd, he will be allowed to play the final round with the winner of the losers' brackets.

3. All the invites will be earned through "Winter Regionals 2012" style - X number of Swiss Rd, Final 16 of each regional battle in out in a single-elimination tourney.

4. SE is a great community and there are many knowledgeable players. Before WC 2014 are set, if I am made WC TO, I will want to engage the community in a POSITIVE manner and get their feedback and reviews on WC 2013 so that WC 2014 can be made right.
    Raph, this is the best post I have seen on these forums in quite some time.