Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fou DeLile View Post
    What about: I said NO SELFIES!!
    Haha even better!
    TURN ⬇ FOR WHAT?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with falseblood cultist being used only in gravebone decks, just like how we never see sun-blighted soul outside of gravebone decks, or fan of knives in Lance decks. Shadow era has quite a few cards which are clearly intended to be used with a specific hero and that hero only. It's the most obvious and direct way of buffing that hero, but I wonder if it's the right way to go. Do we really want to see a deluge of games where players use it to drop a fattie and reanimate it in the same turn?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by abazigal View Post
    I agree with falseblood cultist being used only in gravebone decks, just like how we never see sun-blighted soul outside of gravebone decks, or fan of knives in Lance decks. Shadow era has quite a few cards which are clearly intended to be used with a specific hero and that hero only. It's the most obvious and direct way of buffing that hero, but I wonder if it's the right way to go. Do we really want to see a deluge of games where players use it to drop a fattie and reanimate it in the same turn?
    Really? I see a lot of potential for falseblood cultist in a lot of shadow decks. He is like a way better version of Bella, as he helps you to cycle through your deck much faster. Elementals will love it as a secondary draw; and he can bring back the discarded card with eternal renewal. Also, edgenel elementalis deck will like the card, as he can always discard an attachment and then bring the attachment back later with Xar modulator.

If I run a shadow knight recurring deck, I also won't mind the discard effect of falsehood cultist. As I can recycle the discarded ally the next turn.

All in all, it's an exciting ally I would love to have in a shadow pool.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomzed View Post
    Really? I see a lot of potential for falseblood cultist in a lot of shadow decks. He is like a way better version of Bella, as he helps you to cycle through your deck much faster. Elementals will love it as a secondary draw; and he can bring back the discarded card with eternal renewal. Also, edgenel elementalis deck will like the card, as he can always discard an attachment and then bring the attachment back later with Xar modulator.

If I run a shadow knight recurring deck, I also won't mind the discard effect of falsehood cultist. As I can recycle the discarded ally the next turn.

All in all, it's an exciting ally I would love to have in a shadow pool.
    You make a lot of sense. I never thought of them being used in these scenarios. I will definitely reevaluate this card after this. Thanks for pointing it out.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    He is like antimatter, I personally would run him instead of antimatter. More ally in the deck, and instantly give u the effect instead of 2+3 resources in one turn and no ally. 3/4 is also a decent ally to buff. Like Atomzed said, Xar modulator is also a good combo, use that with antimatter before.

This card is better than antimatter IMO, and it's for every shadow hero. It's better than Wulven tracker and Belladonna.
    Last edited by ferris847; 11-29-2013 at 03:35 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just pledged on Kickstarter and saw the Cultist, and I will resurrect the topic a bit. As many other people said, I think he is a bit unbalanced, especially with GB.

For 4 + 4SE I get a 3/4, usually a fattie and 2 cards back in hand. To me its a tempo gain way too high for a 4cc ally. I wouldn't mind dealing with it in MTG, where I have instants to take care of the fattie discarded, or to counter the Cultist, but here the synergy is guaranteed to function. So if my opponent plays this, I have to use at least one card to deal with the beefy ally, and another for the Cultist, while my opponent still have his hand full as if he played nothing (he used 2 cards, he gained 2), which basically means that on GB it is written: 4SE: put 2 cards from your hand to play, draw 2 cards. This is something that beta will tell but I personally think the Cultist should discard 1 and draw 1, that sounds more balanced.
    Last edited by Hecatonchyr; 12-10-2013 at 11:19 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, then come prove it to the PFG once you gain access to the Beta server! The more you pledge, the sooner the Beta Server goes up!
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Hecatonchyr View Post
    I just pledged on Kickstarter and saw the Cultist, and I will resurrect the topic a bit. As many other people said, I think he is a bit unbalanced, especially with GB.

For 4 + 4SE I get a 3/4, usually a fattie and 2 cards back in hand. To me its a tempo gain way too high for a 4cc ally. I wouldn't mind dealing with it in MTG, where I have instants to take care of the fattie discarded, or to counter the Cultist, but here the synergy is guaranteed to function. So if my opponent plays this, I have to use at least one card to deal with the beefy ally, and another for the Cultist, while my opponent still have his hand full as if he played nothing (he used 2 cards, he gained 2), which basically means that on GB it is written: 4SE: put 2 cards from your hand to play, draw 2 cards. This is something that beta will tell but I personally think the Cultist should discard 1 and draw 1, that sounds more balanced.
    in fact it's 4SE + 4cost.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Hecatonchyr: Gravebone has been dying for some love for a long time now. Yes, it may sound horrifyingly annoying now, but we still need to see the rest of the card pool and how it really plays out to be sure.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.