Close

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Raph's "HE-MAN" Boris (WC 2013, Day 1, Deck Lock)

Firstly, major props to Mojumbo for organizing the WC2013. Next, my worthy opponents I faced in the WC; they gave me a really great fight and in some cases, completely pwned my ass. Last, not least, to my fellow guildies for their advice and tips, sparring practices and support.

Enjoy!

(Special thanks to Shadow Mann and Sailas for their advice)

***HERO***

Boris Skullcrusher (HE-MAN)

4x Jasmine Rosecult
    3x Raven Wildheart (or Brax Soldier)
    2x Aldon the Brave
    2x Armored Sandworm (or Brax Soldier)
    2x Aeon Stormcaller
    2x Artful Squire
    1x Fleet-footed Messenger (Or Puwen)
    1x Champion of Irum
    2x Layarian Seductress
    2x Braxnorian Veteran (Or FFM)

2x Smashing Blow
    1x Enrage
    3x Crippling Blow
    4x Blood Frenzy
    3x Retreat!
    2x Bad Santa

2x Dragon's Tooth (HE-MAN's Power Sword)
    2x Spectral Sabre

TOTAL: 40 cards + Hero

This is pure and classic human beatdown.

Boris as HE-MAN with his large entourage of allies; all with their unique talents and skills.

If you keep putting allies on board, your opponent is bound to be over-swarmed sooner or later especially when you have BF in play; nothing draws faster than BF - even if the 1 dmg per turn sucks - just kill your opponent before he kills you. Allies deal far more to your opponent than that pesky 1 dmg per turn.

Some important things to note for QM:

1. No KP? Yeah, if you want 1, you can remove some allies for it. IMO, sometimes it's a 'win-more' card. By having the flexibility of raven or worms/brax soldier in the deck helps you to win against most decks in QM. There is no 'real' need for KP; if you are already losing, drawing a KP won't help much anyways. By playing mind games with your opponent, he might be storing a useless LLN or SB in his hand waiting for the KP....that never comes.

2. Proportion of 5 cc allies: choose whatever you like best: raven/worm/brax. Raven is good in most MUs. Worms are great vs burn decks and Zal. Brax pwns portal maj and lance decks and FFMs.

3. Proportion of Retreat/CB/DT: Adjust accordingly to what you prefer. Maybe 1 less DT for 1 more Retreat or CB? Or less CB, more retreat? It's up to you, but i suggest at least 1 DT.

4. Brax Vet: those who saw my games can see how effective he is to bring back BF/Enrage/CB. A CBed ally can be killed via Boris's ability or by your allies and Brax Vet can bring the CB back. If you prefer FFMs, they are good as well, but if you run FFMs, i highly recommend at least 1 KP.

5. No "A legend rises"? It's a good card and you may want to replace 1 Sabre with ALR. However, you will have a less chance of drawing the 1 sole sabre which is critical to remove rival BFs and RF or SStrike.

6. Squire is for? JDs, WotF, IGG, Tome, Wiz Staff, AM, Bazaar, EA, whatever. Oh, he is also an ally. Nice.

Enjoy! And as always, if you have any questions, ask away!

Boris says bye for now
    Last edited by Raphael Majere; 12-16-2013 at 07:27 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wow this things a beast! Thank you for putting in the hard work and time to construct this. Now I'm preparing a counter to face it in qm!

Disaster - Ghost of the Valiant Blade
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mhaux View Post
    Wow this things a beast! Thank you for putting in the hard work and time to construct this. Now I'm preparing a counter to face it in qm!
    You should play it first, lol. Make it a beast on QM, then everyone will copy your deck, LOL, get everyone to play it on QM, THEN make a counter.

But bah, the QM now favors hyper rush decks. Sucks the fun out of playing, theory crafting, and playing with strategic/thinking decks like this..... I stopped playing QM. I either face super rush elads/ambers/ele or noobs playing silly decks which totally don't give me any satisfaction.

It's sad, wish the auto Ingame tourney queues/ ranking based on daily or weekly tourneys, come sooner rather than later.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    You should play it first, lol. Make it a beast on QM, then everyone will copy your deck, LOL, get everyone to play it on QM, THEN make a counter.

But bah, the QM now favors hyper rush decks. Sucks the fun out of playing, theory crafting, and playing with strategic/thinking decks like this..... I stopped playing QM. I either face super rush elads/ambers/ele or noobs playing silly decks which totally don't give me any satisfaction.

It's sad, wish the auto Ingame tourney queues/ ranking based on daily or weekly tourneys, come sooner rather than later.
    I agree that QM is mainly filled with hyper rush decks and you really don't get to see variety. It feels like nowadays you need guildies to test your decks. Maybe the future tourney feature if Kickstarter is backed will help with testing and stuff
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post

yeah.. where is the days that we used to see jerichoand logan and fun competitive QMs ... now i really feel its boring to play QM .. rush decks just to win but no good games ...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Fairly standard.solid

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    raph what do u think about War Banner in this deck?? ( for its low cost)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by haoushoku1 View Post
    raph what do u think about War Banner in this deck?? ( for its low cost)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Jay View Post
    Hey Raph

Thanks for posting this and congrats on making it to the finals!

Any reason behind the 1 champ of Irum ?
    I am technically away from the forums for some time (except running my tournament) but I have decided to answer you guys as well as provide insights for people reading and lurking on this thread.

1. COI is for going second, most of the time, however, if the board looks risky, such as a T2 IK already on board, I won't bother with COI, I would rather sac him as a resource. This is especially true if I don't have a BF in hand. The COI is for 'cute' purposes. (ccg term)

- the basis of this deck is that "the longer my allies stay on the board, the more they will remain as threats or tools of disruption against my opponent's game plan", hence the emphasis of the large number of allies and various tools to null/kill/remove my opponent's allies and weapons.

2. War banner is not a bad choice, usually better when going first. If I am going second and falling behind, I have no reason to cast a war banner out: summoning an ally or killing/neutralizing my opponent's allies/weapons is better. The same reason why I don't have war banner is almost the same reason why i don't have KP.

"No KP? Yeah, if you want 1, you can remove some allies for it. IMO, sometimes it's a 'win-more' card. By having the flexibility of raven or worms/brax soldier in the deck helps you to win against most decks in QM. There is no 'real' need for KP; if you are already losing, drawing a KP won't help much anyways. By playing mind games with your opponent, he might be storing a useless LLN or SB in his hand waiting for the KP....that never comes. "

One must note that in my QM version of this deck, I do have 1 KP in the deck. (I have other decks that have 3 KPs in them. That's because in those decks, that IS the win con.)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Been using this deck for 5-6 games so far...I am liking it!

And bump!
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers