Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lightbulb Need Some Help for the eldawen deck and tactics!

Hello everyone, I am a new player of the Shadow Era. It's the first time I post a thread on the forum. If it has any problems or somewhere to improve, please tell me. Now I am level 8 in 3 days, and I won a lot with my current deck going with Eladwen. I didn't spend money on it, and I used my first 100 crystals to buy a human mage deck. My current deck goes like this:
    Eladwen
    2dirk
    4puwen
    4blake
    3aldon
    2To
    4fireball
    poison gas
    4Lightning Strike
    2Tome
    portal
    2supernova
    2arcane burst
    2retreat
    2bazaar
    bad santa
    voice of winter
    2artful squire
    2rider of ellos

Seem complicated? Yes, I sold all the other cards and use my gold to buy this. And, this deck sometimes seems a little bit tricky against the other players. I would rather like to rush the game, but sometimes the right cards just disappear..

Normally, I win most of the worriers when I pile up with allies and abilities. It's just kinda troublesome when I face the hunter and wulven and
    mage with portal and dagger of Unmaking(I found the words I organized before just die away). Ok, obviously my deck has a lot of disadvantages but I have to use it right now since I don't have gold. I know aggro, control and stall these three game styles, but I don't know how to reconcile these three styles so I can face every situations flexbly. For example, sometimes I want to rush, but the opponent has a lot of weapon and armer, as well as a lot of protecter, and I suffer attack from those ally like sandworm, aeon, braxnorian soldier and so on. so I bought two artful squires, two supernova and voice of winter in a fit of pique(no gold for LLN). ok, something is said.

another problem is that I found cards that have resorces of 4 or more seem useless some time. I often pile up with cards over 3 resorces at the first round and I hesitate which card to sac. for example, I have poison gas, puwen TO, rider of ellos, retreat, bad santa and portal at the first round, and the following cards are all four-resorces. I was suppress by the opponent and since I sac a lot of 4-resorces cards, I lack control and attack power when the game goes on. If I started with kris and some other 2 or 3 resorces cards, it would be easier, but still it seems the longer the game takes, the bigger probability I lose. I always have games that I threw out bundles of fireballs and lightning, and the opponent was dying with less than 7 points, and I found out that I don't have allies or abilities to use, and I always lack cards in my hand after several rounds of bombardment. and the opponent started to strike and piled up allys and at that key time, I just didn't get the supernova, and I died after the trample of the allies(I just escape in order not to see my dying). That is always something I think about. I know I should get some gold and exchange some cards in my deck, like priest of the light, aeon, honored dead more bad santa. I want to control the game(I would prefer to rush if it works), which means I need some protectors and armors so I can stay longer? Since it says cards should remain under 45 or 42, would it be too many cards if I use them all? And someone says that those high attack ally should bind with portal, how about that. and LLN, sever ties, dagger of unmaking,layarian seductress, for a stall game? and say something about gunther,
    and the mage items and abilities at the 17 pages in the merchant? I just get lost my direction after viewing so many opinions of the other excel players. Thank you very much!

PS: you can send your opinions in Chinese or Japanese if you prefer.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    hi there and welcome to the Game and to the Forum! always good to see SE still attracts new players )))

....as for the deck itself, i know it takes time to build up amount of gold/sc in order to buy the right cards, but in general, net time you gain 100sc by leveling up, better if you buy Elemental deck (...as the cards sell ofr the most), and you might also want to consider waiting for next expansion that is coming soon!
    ....as a general rule - you want your deck as consistent as possible (running 4x of every card you absolutely need early to set up your game, os to win the game later, and so on) while keeping the deck count as close to 40 cards as possible. ofc there are exceptions to all the rules, but let's stick with the general stuff to begin with ))

...next - have a look around this forum - Strategy section if looking for deck ideas or simply want to see how 'standard' decks are build for each hero, and there is also plenty of other useful articles related to various game aspects such as 'How to Sacrifice', 'How to build Deck', various startegy advice posts and threads....im sure there's plenty (EVERY?)))) information u need...just read and play and read and play!

SE is a great game with an amazing community of people who share their thoughts and ideas, so im sure you'll find everything you looking for ... and more!
    Last edited by 4Ak; 11-25-2013 at 01:40 PM.
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok, my bad. I came to this forum not for long and I didn't find some other sections. Yes, there are some really helping articles that answered my questions. One more questions is that while I am keeping the deck count as close to 40 cards as possible, there are some opponents that can retrieve allies from the graveyard and just drained my cards. They also have abilities to gain health by killing my allies or some other way. I have 53 cards now packing with allies and magic abilities but it still help little when I face those long-standing opponents. Thank you for your patience and earnest.