Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

New elementalis deck, need advice :)

Hi, guys. I'm new to shadow era forum, it's my first thread, hope you guys could give some advice, really appreciated it!

Hero: Elementalis

Allies:
    Ironhide Karash - 4
    Infernal Gargoyle - 4
    Death Mage Thaddeus - 3
    Morbid Acolyte - 3
    Darkwood Wraith - 3

Abilities:
    Mind Control - 4
    Sacrificial Lamb - 3
    Bad Santa - 4
    Ley Line Nexus - 2
    Shriek of Vengeance - 2
    Super Focus - 2
    Bloodthirsty - 4

Items:
    Morphic Armor - 2

40 cards + hero

Other options I wanna add: 1. Wulven Savage (monster when buffed), 2. more shrieks (2 is not enough), 3.Infinity Core(heal), 4.Antimatter(Permanent draw)

Let me know how you guys think about it

Thanks!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    draw is enough 5 resources is all you need 6 at most draw is never a strong point of this type of deck
    you will always want more than one ally out so super focus could go and replace with some heal, sac lamb can be used for unwanted attachments on allies
    3xDMT with blood thirsty are almost a necessity in a elemintails deck (potential to activate blood thirsty twice in one turn, oggy or plazma can work too but dont seem to hang around as long)

other wise seems good
    Last edited by Frantic; 11-21-2013 at 05:09 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The first thing that strikes me is your relatively low creature count. For an elementals deck which relies on allies, you are going to want at least 60% ally base, or 23-25 allies minimum. This is because the current metagame heavily favours creature removal. Expect your initial allies to be wiped off the board very quickly, and you want to be able to consistently draw more allies to play and keep up the pressure on your opponent. Once Elementalis loses board control (defined as your opponent having an ally on the board but not you), it's very difficult to catch up.

I never had any luck with super focus. I would replace the super focus, ley line nexus and 1 sac lamb for more allies. You can also consider reading this thread for inspiration.

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....is-First-Blood!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, you're right. I definitely need more allies than draw. It's just sometimes super focus has that surprising value that is so good. It puts a crippled ally right on action with +2 attack, it's situational though.
    Thanks for the advice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frantic View Post
    draw is enough 5 resources is all you need 6 at most draw is never a strong point of this type of deck
    you will always want more than one ally out so super focus could go and replace with some heal, sac lamb can be used for unwanted attachments on allies
    3xDMT with blood thirsty are almost a necessity in a elemintails deck (potential to activate blood thirsty twice in one turn, oggy or plazma can work too but dont seem to hang around as long)

other wise seems good

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, same with above. I will try squeeze in several allies.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by abazigal View Post
    The first thing that strikes me is your relatively low creature count. For an elementals deck which relies on allies, you are going to want at least 60% ally base, or 23-25 allies minimum. This is because the current metagame heavily favours creature removal. Expect your initial allies to be wiped off the board very quickly, and you want to be able to consistently draw more allies to play and keep up the pressure on your opponent. Once Elementalis loses board control (defined as your opponent having an ally on the board but not you), it's very difficult to catch up.

I never had any luck with super focus. I would replace the super focus, ley line nexus and 1 sac lamb for more allies. You can also consider reading this thread for inspiration.

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....is-First-Blood!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome, Shadowray!
    Your deck looks very strong to me.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Actually thinking about this after playing this deck
    sac lamb is not needed with 8 draw cards and morphic armor with darkwood wraith to handle attachments on allies

Ive been playing this deck

-2 superfocus
    -3 sac lambs
    -1 gargoyle

+1energy discharge
    + 2 xar modulator
    +2 inifity core
    Last edited by Frantic; 11-27-2013 at 03:11 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I used to run something similar: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ic-Elementalis

There were quite a few comments you might like to look at (similar decks after all)

I think draw ended up as 3 bad santa and three sac lambs.
    Sometimes added in 1 carniboar, sometimes no.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    On a side note, has anyone actually gotten superfocus to work?

The issue I see here is that it psychologically programs the player to stick with one ally, even when it may be strategically more advantageous to flood the board with more of them. The only use I can see is when you have a single ally disabled with crippling blow and want that surprise factor?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would suggest trying out Kairos and PB. Also, you need cards that will help you get board back if you lost it. So maybe 1-2 discharge
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder