Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Decks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Big Decks

Over the weekend I played a lot. A lot of games were huge decks. No lie the biggest I played against was 356 cards...
    And as a side note sunday must be guild day cuz my last few matches were guild members. Very good players btw.
    Even had the honor of going up against one player of the new Black Templars. Gg bro. Slained I think it was. I had just built the deck I was using and testing it out. I woulda liked to see how my bb deck faired but maybe another day!
    Anyway. How often do you guys lose to these decks? And how oh how do they get a phenomenal begining hand?!
    Last edited by Mightyoak713; 11-19-2013 at 01:18 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ...i feel you mate - few weeks ago i had the "honor" of running into the same player 3 games in a row. Eladwen with 200+ cards. all of them 3 games he played Kris t1, Priest t3 and Saphire t6 and while i managed to destroy Saphire 2 out of 3 games on my next turn, each time he would play another one on his next turn

...that can be frustrating, but then again, happens every now and again )))

...on a side note, i once played online poker tourney (over 500 people) and ended up at a table where there was a guy who would always make the right decision, however weird it was and lost to him at the end (my end))). few days after the tourney i found out this guy was found to have a cheat-software allowing him to see the cards of all other players....shit happens ))))
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Big decks are not always as inconsistent as they should be or people believe them to be. If you are using 80+ cards you usually have access to way more options not to mention draw cards. They have many options to stall, many to heal, many to draw and many to kill.. Just slowly lol all you really need is to draw a few stall/draw cards and they just keep coming and there's not much your opponent can do because you can just replace whatever they destroy.
    I'm OP yo!!

⊰☠Proud Mємвєr of Team Juggernauts ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ...yeah, you're rite OP, 80-ish deck can simply have twice as much of everything and achieve roughly the same consistency as 40-ish, but then when u lookin into a 'face' 200+ cards Mostrousity drawin exactly the right cards at exactly teh right time, that's little frustrating - well, bit more than just a little ))))))...especially when u simply cannot seem to draw tha 1 of 4 ever so needed counters in your 40-card deck ))))))
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Literally just came here to say the same thing! Incredibly frustrating when someone has a 200-300 deck and appears to beat you down to pure luck rather than any kind of consideration to an effective deck. I also always seem to get terrible draws against these people haha.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The only people who complain about big decks are people who don't have big decks. Get over your insecurities. It's not about how big it is but on how you use it.
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Big decks you are beautiful!
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Yea...I was just talking about how often they are seen. I haven't lost to them that I remember. Thanks for the bashing tho.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes i do played alot of them recently. maximum deck i saw was around 256 cards. he is playing a card turn after turn. i was really surprised. i thought in the early game there will be turn that he cant play a card because i thought its pack of some or all of the beefy cards but i was wrong starting from turn 1 rotling! i think it is cool to play a big deck but i still dont have that kind of card pool as of now

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    60% winning to big decks for me, actually I found myself weaker against big decks.

I guess when SE has shattered fates release, and we will have bigger card pool by then. Big decks will be popular I believe.
    Currently you can not find a card which has the same effect as "Blood Frenzy", so we have to reduce the deck to make you draw BF from the deck earlier. But if you can find some cards to replace it, you can have about 8 Blood Frenzy, so that you can have larger deck.