Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Why I am quitting Shadow Era

In the last week I have:

1. Been wondering when the Season 8 prizes will be awarded (still).

2. Lost a match because of the brutal auto cast but that's been around for EVER causing Scimitar to replace a 5/7 Mourneblade in meltdown.

3. Taken a loss in another meltdown game because one of the Devs (or Kyle) pushed a resource pack or whatever it's called to a live server and didn't realize it would disconnect everyone playing.

4. Wondered how the HELL the Shriek of Vengeance bug could slip through any reasonable QA/regression testing process.

Plus the laundry list of other bugs that have been around forever or are introduced with each new version. The Jasmine release was an absolute abortion, for example. And now we're supposed to get excited about tournament queues and an auction house? It's going to be absolutely BRUTAL when it's released.

Wulven needs to focus on squashing the bugs that exist now, and slow down on feature implementation. Do you really think people will keep pouring SC into tournaments when they get knocked out because SOV destroys an unused resource because "oops." Are people going to pay SC for tournaments when they auto cast DMT or Scimitar by accident and can't cancel it? Are you serious?

Stabilize what you have now before you bite off even more than you can chew. I get it. You're "small". Then act like it. Have laser focus. Don't try and implement every feature that comes to mind while your paying customers have horrible game experience due to absolutely egregious bugs that should never escape QA.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    you're making mountains out of mole hills

no game out there is perfect or conducted perfectly all the time

the bugs in the game are annoying, but so was the busted replays of League of Legends and the imbalanced NE in warcraft 3 - no perfect games out there, only great ones

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinkles View Post

the bugs in the game are annoying, but so was the busted replays of League of Legends and the imbalanced NE in warcraft 3 - no perfect games out there, only great ones
    Also add that this game is free to play?

YouOnlyDieOnce, you should take a break from the game to be ready for the expansion

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinkles View Post

Exactly.
    I'm not the subtle type when it comes to responding to things like this, so heads up: I'm pissed.
    Honestly, people like this need to just shut up. We get it: you lost and want to blame ten thousand bugs, your game was suddenly stopped because of a bug, you're not patient enough for new expansions and features they said they would implement over a year ago.
    I'll use a game I used to play as an example of what gets on my nerves. All over the in-game message boards and the game's facebook page, there are daily posts by people saying "I quit!" and complaining that the game is too expensive, they couldn't get any good cards, the game devs were "greedy f***ers," etc. (it was pretty much a pay-to-win game, which I won't mention the name of). Personally, I thought it was fun. There were actually a few ways to be a top-tier player without paying a cent. I myself quit the game due to time-confliction reasons; college is more important than games, obviously...except Shadow Era ;p
    I can't stand when people do these infantile little attention stunts. Alright, go ahead and quit. Just don't post your reasons why, which can only be one of the following things: 1) making an attempt to bash the game and its makers out of scorn, or 2) trying to provoke the Design Team and loyal players. Good job, critical a****e--you succeeded. (pardon my French) I really don't see any logical reason as to why people do that (intentionally making others angry and thinking it's oh-so-hilarious).

Seriously, people... STOP WHINING.
    Last edited by aNIMaL; 11-20-2013 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Grammer fixes
    No animals were harmed in the making of this sig... I tried, but that damn monkey was way too fast.

IGN: Disturbed Animal

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    First off, I LOVE the game. Just about everything about it. It's all I've been playing for the last few months.

But, I share his pain on prizes. I've been waiting for a prize on a contest that ended 24 days ago and still nothing. It's frustrating. I check my account every day, multiple times a day for those shadow crystals and not there. Never there. And I wonder what is so hard about moving some shadow crystals to an account? Is it really such an expenditure of time and energy to follow up in a timely manner with prizes? I understand there is other stuff happening and the Kickstarter has probably dominated the available time and energy of the folks involved, but, it's still frustrating.

So, I get it.

Love the game though. No intention of quitting here.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You know, despite the OP's points, I still love to play.

I will rebuke this point however:

Quote Originally Posted by YouOnlyDieOnce View Post
    3. Taken a loss in another meltdown game because one of the Devs (or Kyle) pushed a resource pack or whatever it's called to a live server and didn't realize it would disconnect everyone playing.
    Quite frankly this is a 24/7 game, someone will ALWAYS be playing when updates go through. This time it was you unfortunately.
    Last edited by Preybird; 11-20-2013 at 12:04 AM.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If your going to quit just quit no need for attention seeking what you've mentioned are minor problems yes frustrating but minor put the dummy back in your mouth :P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    You know, despite the OP's points, I still love to play.

I will rebuke this point however:

Quite frankly this is a 24/7 game, someone will ALWAYS be playing when updates go through. This time it was you unfortunately.
    Notification ahead of time. And at least give back md entry gold.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    youonlydieonce, it might have been appropriate to email your concerns to support at

support@shadowera.com

nonethelesss, i respect your opinion and i do think Kyle and DT need to be listening

hope things get better for you and like colosal said, maybe take a break if you'd like and come back for the expansion?

peace

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by YouOnlyDieOnce View Post
    In the last week I have:

1. Been wondering when the Season 8 prizes will be awarded (still).

2. Lost a match because of the brutal auto cast but that's been around for EVER causing Scimitar to replace a 5/7 Mourneblade in meltdown.

4. Wondered how the HELL the Shriek of Vengeance bug could slip through any reasonable QA/regression testing process.

Plus the laundry list of other bugs that have been around forever or are introduced with each new version. The Jasmine release was an absolute abortion, for example. And now we're supposed to get excited about tournament queues and an auction house? It's going to be absolutely BRUTAL when it's released.

Wulven needs to focus on squashing the bugs that exist now, and slow down on feature implementation. Do you really think people will keep pouring SC into tournaments when they get knocked out because SOV destroys an unused resource because "oops." Are people going to pay SC for tournaments when they auto cast DMT or Scimitar by accident and can't cancel it? Are you serious?

Stabilize what you have now before you bite off even more than you can chew. I get it. You're "small". Then act like it. Have laser focus. Don't try and implement every feature that comes to mind while your paying customers have horrible game experience due to absolutely egregious bugs that should never escape QA.
    1. http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ason-8-Results

Season 8 results have been already released. The reason why it took so long was due to the lengthy time it took to investigate the cheating accusations. Wulven is a small company with only limited number of staff and going through all those games to investigate is going to be time consuming for a small group.

2. http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....l=1#post441272

The source of the bug has been found and is now finally being addressed. The main issue why it was taking so long is because people were failing to find a way to constantly reproduce the bug effectively. You really cannot fix something without knowing what is causing the problem.

3. Although a warning or notification would be nice, but given the online 24/7 nature of this game, this stuff will happen. You were just unfortunate to end up getting caught.

4. Sometimes the little things slip right by QA. Even large game companies release updates that have bugs.

For example, a little while back in League of Legends, there was a bug with the character Riven where her Broken Wing's ability was allowing her to jump over walls which was not intended. They decided to just keep this as a feature rather than fix it seeing how so many players liked it and was not too gamebreaking.

Now as for the SoV issue, the issue has been found and being addressed.

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....l=1#post442612

5. They are rolling out bugfixes after bugfixes recently. They are doing exactly as you are saying.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.