Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I have a Eladwen Rush Deck, but I don't know how to play it properly.

My cards:

1x Eladwen
    4x Kris
    4x Puwen
    4x Tainted Oracle

4x Fireball
    4x Lightning Strike
    4x Tome of Knowledge
    4x Supernova
    4x Bazaar
    4x Bad Santa
    3x Ley Line Nexus

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My biggest challenge is knowing what to sacrifice at what stage of the game.
    At the early stages, I'm suppose to be trying to flood with allies right? So should I be sacrificing extra copies of my burn spells in favor of allies in the beginning, or should I save my burns up for later?

When should I play Tome of Knowledge? Should I drop that Turn 6 along with a lightning strike? or Turn 5 along with fireball? And which is better, Tome of Knowledge or Bazaar? Should I play Bazaar asap so I can maximize the utility of getting that extra card per turn?

I find it's very hard to use tainted oracle. I mean, with 4 resources, I could be playing a puwen+bad santa, or kris+fireball, or a lightning strike. A Tainted Oracle seems a little less effective than the aforementioned combos.

And I think I have enough draw engines in my deck right? No need to substitute Ley Line Nexus for Honored Dead?

Thanks for your help!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Too much draw and you should use some 3cost allies.
    May I direct you to PreyBirds Eladawen breakdown
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?t=26646

A perfect hand going first is something like
    T1:Kris
    T2:Puwen
    T3: Aldon
    T4: Oracle

The reason why you play tainted oracle is because by playing T1,T2, and T3 you'll be low on cards... into burn+more allies... than nova when you finally lose control and burn burn burn.

Going second is something like this...
    T1: Kris
    T2: puwen
    T3: Aldon or FB his 4hp ally or PoL
    T4: Aldon Lightning or POL
    Last edited by Rated GG; 11-19-2013 at 07:11 AM.
    IGN: TJ Rated GG

currently playing:
    GG's Lance - The Diplomat

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My biggest challenge is knowing what to sacrifice at what stage of the game.
    At the early stages, I'm suppose to be trying to flood with allies right? So should I be sacrificing extra copies of my burn spells in favor of allies in the beginning, or should I save my burns up for later?

- Looking at your deck, you can sacrifice ley line nexus, extra copies of tome of knowledge, and bazaar in your first few turns.
    As I see it too you lack Aldon which goes well in having a great start of T1 Kris, T2 Puwen, T3 Aldon.

When should I play Tome of Knowledge? Should I drop that Turn 6 along with a lightning strike? or Turn 5 along with fireball? And which is better, Tome of Knowledge or Bazaar? Should I play Bazaar asap so I can maximize the utility of getting that extra card per turn?

- Imo, if you have bazaar, you can do without the tome (prolly swap it out with Aldons)... and yes bazaar should be played asap.
    If you retain tome... ideal play for it would be at turn 4 (cast and draw).

And I think I have enough draw engines in my deck right? No need to substitute Ley Line Nexus for Honored Dead?

- You can keep the LLN for those spell-eater bands.

PS: Tainted Oracle really goes well with Elad rush for if ignored, it is another source of damage... if killed, then you get to draw two cards. I would leave it as is if i were you.
    "Learn , Improve , Succeed"

Alternate Reality Champion
    Five Heroes Champion
    The Gunslinger II Champion
    World Championship Wildcard Qualifier 2013 Champion
    World Championship 2013 Top 16
    Asia Regionals 2014 Runner-Up
    World Championship 2014 3rd Runner-Up

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Pretty much what Rated GG said. You need 3cc allies especially Aldon. 16 draw cards is far too many 7-9 is usually enough even for Elad rush. Remember draw cards are only useful if they draw you threats a hand full of draw cards can't actually hurt your opponent. Definitely no need to sub Leyline for Honored Dead though I think you can cut a Leyline for something else if you want.

As for TO what Justicar said. Your opponent has no great way of dealing with it. It causes them problems until it dies then it draws you burn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Should I focus on burning during the later half of the game and focus on allies in the first half?
    If I have the Bazaar, should I play Bazaar T2 instead of Puwen?
    Any way for me to deal with Cripple?
    Last edited by convolutionx; 11-19-2013 at 04:39 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by convolutionx View Post
    Should I focus on burning during the later half of the game and focus on allies in the first half?
    Yes. Though it is not quite as clear cut as that. Basically as long as you have the board and can deal serious damage to the hero you need to focus on keeping the board. Once the board is lost focus on finishing off the hero with Novas and burn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz92zaq View Post
    Yes. Though it is not quite as clear cut as that. Basically as long as you have the board and can deal serious damage to the hero you need to focus on keeping the board. Once the board is lost focus on finishing off the hero with Novas and burn.
    Ohhhh, yeah, I was wondering why I have supernovas in the deck. I should use them as a last ditch attempt?

And so it's preferential that I do my damage with my weenies, and burn cards are just a supplement?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by convolutionx View Post
    Ohhhh, yeah, I was wondering why I have supernovas in the deck. I should use them as a last ditch attempt?

And so it's preferential that I do my damage with my weenies, and burn cards are just a supplement?
    Basically. In most games you will do 10-18 damage with burn. The rest must come from ally damage but it needs to be prioritised early because that is your only oppertunity to do it. Also it means before doing anything else they must stablize the board which gives you time to do that burn damage.

Novas do 2 things. They stall your opponent's comeback because they wipe the board multiple times andat the same time they bring you closer to your goal by hitting the hero for 5 damage a shot. This is particularly crucial when main draw comes from santas so you opponent has plenty of cards to make a comeback you need to control them all at the same time as giving him a very narrow comeback window.

You might want to search youtube see if anyone did a play by play commentary with elad rush

Edit:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzBp9_sdO6A

I disagree with a number of plays there actually but should give you the basics Alzorath is also quite a strong player so odds nothing really was necessarily wrong.
    Last edited by qaz92zaq; 11-19-2013 at 08:21 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I want to warn you.... zhanna will eat this deck alive, although iclipse deck is not the current meta, ot still skins this deck raw.
    Your quality will be known among your enemies before ever you meet them.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Elad rush often fairs well vs Zhanna. Unless she really packs lots of healing