Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    shannong
    so now Mark should write on wizards - if you dont understand it u are an idiot, right?
    edit: and thanks for the info which is already known.
    Last edited by eev; 04-09-2011 at 04:44 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by eev View Post
    at first that arrogant dude floods the forum with something like "you are idiots and dont understand anything" and now he basically sets the design of cards? i thought that you, Kyle, is game developer and designer, not calmdown.
    There's no reason Kyle should listen to my suggestions over anyone else's, particularly and it's his prerogative to listen or not.

But, how many other people took the time to write a collected list of proposed changes that included cards other than MC, Transference, etc?

Feel free to write your own lists and if you have good suggestions I'm sure Kyle will read if they make sense.
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Calmdown View Post
    Anyone who thinks that adding new cards to counter other op cards is a good idea is, frankly, an idiot. Balacce should be achieved by good design, not by making sure everyone has similarly crazy stuff.
    right... because that worked for magic. Just look at the popularity of the very well balanced fallen empires set... pshhh

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    at first that arrogant dude floods the forum with something like "you are idiots and dont understand anything" and now he basically sets the design of cards? i thought that you, Kyle, is game developer and designer, not calmdown.
    I think what calmdown did was offer great ideas on waht cards should be to bring balance. What most people do is wine and complain about a certain card but never give or propose a good solution which is what Calmdown did.

Any Chance you can suggest Other "Sparklike Cards" im too lazy to think myself.
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I do agree that you can't just do card to card balancing (unless they are neutral in all classes to some degree and are useful *think Disenchant/ Naturalize" or Smashing Blow in SE the shadow card which I can't remember the name of now) but that doesn't mean you can have classes of cards that balance out other cards. I will say that Sandra and HBM probably need to be changed because with 30 card decks with significant card draw the likelihood of just blowing out the other player with multiples is huge and there are not ways to accelerate or make up for the tempo loses. For example I would love to see the SE equivalent of Green or Red. It will take SE time to develop a naturally balancing vision such as the color pie but I do think it should be the long term goal. Also consider that giving a weaker hero a powerful counter to a very strong card set is a great way to increase play of that Hero (unless of course they are really bad).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There's no reason Kyle should listen to my suggestions over anyone else's, particularly and it's his prerogative to listen or not.

But, how many other people took the time to write a collected list of proposed changes that included cards other than MC, Transference, etc?

Feel free to write your own lists and if you have good suggestions I'm sure Kyle will read if they make sense.
    that's was not the point, i am not discussing the changes u have proposed. i am ok with most of them.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    that's was not the point, i am not discussing the changes u have proposed. i am ok with most of them.
    So you are just posting to cause trouble for the sake of it? How very grown up of you.
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    So you are just posting to cause trouble for the sake of it? How very grown up of you.
    I have a problem with you Calmdown.... Just cant think of it at this time.
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Anyone who thinks that adding new cards to counter other op cards is a good idea is, frankly, an idiot. Balacce should be achieved by good design, not by making sure everyone has similarly crazy stuff.
    Well, having a ton of overpowered cards was the design principle behind the ccg Epic, and it seems to be working out well for them.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kyle won't like it, but I'm gonna say it....
    ONE REPUBLIC SUCK ASS
    In-game handle: xorca
    Deck Building Tool || Card Market Data (a lot of stuff in development - deckmeta.com)