Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Zaladar Shadowvein deck

I've been playing this deck almost exclusively this season with good success. Just want to know what everyone thinks and what changes would be beneficial. My current rating is 343 on an alt account and my main account is TJ ymantoine.

Zaladar

4x karash
    2x Garg
    2x morbid acolyte
    3x dmt
    3x shadow knight (also been using wraith with or instead)
    3x furrion terror

4x mind control
    3x shadow font
    4x antimatter
    3x sad lamb
    3x shadow vein
    2x morphic armor

3x shriek
    1x Lln (had two but not always use it, 0 is an option)
    2x soul reaper

A brief explanation

Karash is just a solid 2cc that can know out 5ho allies with ability

Morbid acolyte is great tech but for now I like having some gargs mixed in

Dmt and furrion terror for ping damage with ability

Wraith works very well for elementalis and handy for other matchups.

Shadow knight works well but not always necessary

Shadow vein is the star of this deck, once I can control the board I'll come out swinging and target allies or hit the hero if there's none. I often end the game with Shadowvein by hitting the hero and using my ability a few turns in a row.

3x shrieks is almost necessary, 2 isn't quite enough to handle jewellers dreams, draw engines or stalls.

2x morphic armor, very handy in certain matchups. For Gwen and dark claw you use to steal there rapid fire or ss and it slows then down plus u get a nice armor to soak up damage. It's actually not too difficult too beat Gwen unless she gets some itf rolling.

Amber I notice lately refuses to drop bf against zal so be aware you will be getting lots of allies Instead.

For lance just be cautions for spelleater bands.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    looks like crystal miner. I like your tweaks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Zaladar Shadowvein deck

I just looked at crystal miner 3.0 and it's almost identical. Never noticed. Although I see he doesn't have any furrion terror. I don't always need him so depending on tech you don't always need him.
    Last edited by Yvan Antoine; 11-14-2013 at 02:33 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    hi yvan

i got a similar deck and i am on my 7 winning streak .. thanks i took some strategy from u when i saw u playing and btw my deck is almost similar to antimatter zaladar deck by kyltz

i always get decking btw .. antimatter finishes my deck very fast and this strenghtes soul reapers heal and u wont need 2 morphic armor in all my matches i drew my morphic armor as antimatter helps to get all the deck drawn

i am gonna try it using eternal renwal .. i akways get to 0 deck so i will need it and will have a 8 MC or 6 at minimum ...

thanks yvan

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes I've got decked a few times as well if the player is healing a lot you need to be more aggressive or destroy the heal if u can.

I considered putting 1 eternal renewal but I wanted To keep the deck more aggressive.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yvan do u think morphic armor is good or not nessacary ?? i acttually in 90% of my matches dont use it ...what do u think?

when i had to use it it was honestly a great SE lossssss!! 3 SE is pretty too much .. u know how is zaladar ability useful not to be wasted like this ..

and about shadow vein .. never use it vs bane bow i tried it with a massive faliure

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Zaladar Shadowvein deck

Quote Originally Posted by ragosonos View Post
    yvan do u think morphic armor is good or not nessacary ?? i acttually in 90% of my matches dont use it ...what do u think?

when i had to use it it was honestly a great SE lossssss!! 3 SE is pretty too much .. u know how is zaladar ability useful not to be wasted like this ..

and about shadow vein .. never use it vs bane bow i tried it with a massive faliure
    I think morphic armor is great. Against weapon based heroes it works great as an armor and you get to steal there rapid fire. Against warriors you steal bf or trade cp. it can definitely work to your advantage. I think without it some matchups would be very difficult.

Banebow is a tough matchup but Shadowvein is always good for extra damage and smashing wotf if his board is empty. Honestly without Shadowvein it's very tough to deal enough damage. Even versus zhanna it works great if I have some mc to get rid of the aeons. The king matchups I avoid using it is against moonstalker and elementalis although if your going to use it to kill an ally it's still worth it.
    Last edited by Yvan Antoine; 11-15-2013 at 12:16 PM.