Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Dimension Ripper Draw Standards

Next up on my list of bugs (finally getting around to posting them haha).

Dimension Ripper: When your hero deals combat damage while Dimension Ripper is in play, each player in combat draws a card from the other player's deck.

There needs to be some sort of standard as to whether both players can see the card drawn from the opponents deck or just the one who draws the card. When you use something like Tome of Knowledge and it just says "Draw a card" the opponent doesn't see the card so with Dimension Ripper (and Transference) it should be the same way and only the player drawing the card should see what the card is.

On the other hand, you could choose to add a rule to the game book saying, "When you draw a card from your opponents deck, you must draw the card face up". If you do this that creates the brand new glitch of it being incredibly hard to see which card the opponent has drawn from your deck with Dimension Ripper. Currently I can only get a quick glimpse of the card being drawn when the camera is at a view where the deck is in the bottom corner of my screen, at that point I only get a very quick glimpse. That glimpse is enough for me to identify the card which dramatically changes the way I play many of my decks.

If the cards are meant to be drawn face up then make it easier to see the card's face to give both players equal advantage, otherwise keep all card drawing facedown!

Thanks!
    Custom Card Design - Warlock Expansion

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    There already is a standard, which extends to most card games: All cards should be drawn face down and only the person doing the draw should see it unless otherwise specified.

Since Dimension Ripper doesn't specify otherwise, it's a bug that both players get a brief glimpse of what was drawn from their own deck.

Thanks for the reminder on it, because this one has existed a looooong time!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, it's bothered me for a long time but never enough for me to do something about it, until now for whatever reason haha.

Transference is also bugged then with it's text. "Draw a card from target opponent's deck".

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Samzyn View Post
    Yeah, it's bothered me for a long time but never enough for me to do something about it, until now for whatever reason haha.

Transference is also bugged then with it's text. "Draw a card from target opponent's deck".
    You mean because of the brief glimpse?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    You mean because of the brief glimpse?
    Yep!