Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Apologies to the public

I would like to apologize to everyone for my actions during the World Championship Europe Qualifiers.

First of all, ETC/ASF had no knowledge of me bringing Millstalker to the regionals.

It is my own error for not knowing about the EA bug, and it was my decision to keep playing either way.

I have shown lack of sportsmanship for abusing the EA bug, and for playing for Millstalker.

I apologize to all the people I've faced and that couldn't get a chance for the spot because I played with the EA bug.

I want to remind you all that ETC and ASF are not guilds that play with un sportsmanship, that abuses bugs to win and that they play for fun primarily.

Therefore, I have decided that I am no longer to part of the guilds, because my actions go against what the guilds represent.

Please don't relate me and the actions I did to the awesomest guilds ETC and ASF

Cheers,

BDK16

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    I would like to apologize to everyone for my actions during the World Championship Europe Qualifiers.

First of all, ETC/ASF had no knowledge of me bringing Millstalker to the regionals.

It is my own error for not knowing about the EA bug, and it was my decision to keep playing either way.

I have shown lack of sportsmanship for abusing the EA bug, and for playing for Millstalker.

I apologize to all the people I've faced and that couldn't get a chance for the spot because I played with the EA bug.

I want to remind you all that ETC and ASF are not guilds that play with un sportsmanship, that abuses bugs to win and that they play for fun primarily.

Therefore, I have decided that I am no longer to part of the guilds, because my actions go against what the guilds represent.

Please don't relate me and the actions I did to the awesomest guilds ETC and ASF

Cheers,

BDK16
    I honestly don't see the need to apologize. Many players did ask if ea was going to be banned and mojumbo did say it won't be. Unless I missed something. Just woke up.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    I honestly don't see the need to apologize. Many players did ask if ea was going to be banned and mojumbo did say it won't be. Unless I missed something. Just woke up.
    Is banned only for Americas (lol)

Like Raph, i dont see a reason to say sorry. You did what the rules said

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There is no need to apologize. i personally think you are merely a victim of a system who failed to acknowledge the possibility of what the EA bug can do and a system who failed to handle the situation. Wulven should have banned this card from the very beginning in order to prevent abuse of bug. Its not like anyone was against banning evil ascendant.

I understand that some matches may have been changed if you haven't used this certain deck. But its "Should have, would have, could have" It's all in the past now. I just hope that future cases will be handled by the company much better. As for that, I congratulate you to making it to finals and actually proving a point that this bug may have dealt some controversy whether you intended it or not.
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    If this has anything to do with a comment I made on the live-stream, I want you to know I was only joking. It would be a huge shame for ETC/ASF to lose you, so I hope you will reconsider.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just want to say that I do not believe there was any wrongdoing on BDKs part, he followed all the rules and played to the best of his ability.

I do not want to lose BDK, he is an enormous asset to ETC and the community in general. BDK, I still hold out hope that you do reconsider.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    But it was promised to us that the EA bug would be fixed, that's completely understandable BDK. It's a situation that is so typically Wulven. Not your fault at all. Congrats on the nice run
    A1 1ndeed - The Black Lotus of A1 - A1: Evolution in Theory

And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
    Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know.
    In a coat of gold, or a coat of red, a lion still has claws;
    And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No reason at all to apologize. TO's were aware of the bug and ruled that it was allowed to be part of the game. I think the mistake was the ruling allowing the card to be used, but using the card based upon the ruling is not. As the wise prophet Ice-T once said, "don't hate tha playa, hate tha game"
    The Haydes - Sworn rear protector of Jasmine
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thumbs up for you. Millstalker causes hate because games can become very long and many decks are autoloss vs it. Anyway if it is not banned and if it doesn't get nerfed, it's a valid strategy as any other. You may or may not have wanted to exploit the bug, but it was not you who had to make the call not to play like this. Either the bug gets corrected, the card gets banned (can't understand why only in Americas it is banned), the server gets changed (or whatever works)... but it shouldn't be you the one who decides not to go for it. Among my opponents you have been the most friendly and fun to speak with, so I hope the community and guilds won't lose you in any way.
    A1 Poochie

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    BDK, as if everyone else's statements don't support you enough, I'm throwing my hat in your corner, too. The rules allowed it as a known bug. IMO, everyone ought to have abused that sucker. While I DETEST Millstalker, he's a viable strategy that serious competitors ought to have prepared for.

You are absolutely an awesome player and a great sport. I'm glad you had the courage to apologize, but I see no need, and certainly no need to abandon your guilds.
    Proud member of Team Juggernauts | PFG member

IGN: TJ Xantese