Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Little Experiment for my channel, and a review of Blackguards to boot :)

This is one of those rare occasions where I'm going to play 'statistics whore'... (while I do my channel for other reasons, I do have fun with mulling over statistics - which is probably the same reason I love TCGs). I need a bit of help getting in a position to gather significant data.

Basically, I'm considering fully integrating my channel into Steam (Currently only fully integrated from Youtube into Facebook & Twitter, since they're integrated extremely easily - being a text-box, check mark, and setting a release time) - Steam would require a bit more effort for integration, so I'm curious about whether it would actually reach many new players there (you can already find some of my Shadow Era, Hearthstone, Limbo, GamerFi, etc. content there - though this is my first step towards checking on FULL integration - ie every video)

What I need from you? Use the steam interface for interacting with this specific video instead of YT/Google ( I can see where the traffic is from via analytics about 2 days after - it'll tell me how much from steam/how much from direct links/etc.)

The steam link for the video
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=193210412

--------

Reason for this, I'm looking for avenues other than just YT to gather interesting players from around the world (I'm pretty sure people can like/comment on steam without having to touch google+/yt for example).

I'm also considering 'mirror uploading' to a competitive site to youtube, but haven't found one that really fits (Dailymotion is a utter mess, Vimeo doesn't quite fit). Or possibly, finances allowing, actually split-hosting on a personal website (this is also where podcasts would be released).

Comments on ideas of where else to look at integrating yt content, or alternate hosting solutions, definitely welcome - I enjoy creating these videos, and with the direction youtube is going, I don't exactly want to give it up simply because they end up destroying youtube or something for smaller creators.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Al! I just watched my first gamers YT vid, your! Portal Majya! I have to admit that was very entertaining and I had no idea ( after a year and a half on this stupid game ) you did that stuff! So anyways I'm gonna sign up and check out more of your work, as for helping with the traffic tracking I'll just tell ya is I go to steam or not. Great play by play my friend!

Oh, lil kip want me to tell you it was better than her minecraft vids she watches all the time! ( I should have just asked the 9 yr old) ill bet she knew about it already!
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    lol, I occassionally do minecraft videos too - just haven't had time at the moment lol

Thanks for the support