Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Whatever.... Bad cards will always be bad cards... No one will ever use them.. If i the future a card will increase its usefullness, then why it occurred before it?
    They should appear together..
    It was just a tip, to increase number of eeffective cards which will decrease demand for more updates... But since physical cards are hindering it, then I apperciate this and we have to stick to physical cards. But if there weren't physical cards, dont try to convince me that bad cards will be usefull.. There is reallly useless and never used cards and require a miracle to be usefull in future expansions

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    But I don't see you mention any BAD CARDS yet?
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Index View Post
    But I don't see you mention any BAD CARDS yet?
    Firesnake. Nobody actually uses Firesnake
    IGN: A1 ShadowBeast

I'm interested in seeing how you plan to kill a shadow

MY COTC DECKS
    Nishaven Hybrid

MY DP DECKS
    FT Trollers #1 Baduruu Shutdown

Ter Stripper

Serena the Card Sharp

A1:Evolution in Theory

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowborn View Post
    http://www.shadowera.com/showpost.php?p=437341

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowborn View Post
    i have loose a lot of games in the last week because of this new Elementalis/Firesnake combi

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NachyoChez View Post
    It's not JUST physical.

'Good' cards and 'bad' cards are very subjective. Some cards might not be the most efficient, but every card goes in someone's deck at some point. Plus, you're only thinking about 'constructed' decks, or decks built with everything at your disposal. What about limited games, where you can only use booster packs to build the deck? What about players who don't have the gold to afford the high-end tournament cards? What about starter decks, which only need cards strong enough to teach the players and encourage them to get better? What about different game variants that people seem to enjoy coming up with?

Should we stifle all of those just to boost a few cards when we're planning on releasing more and more as time passes regardless?
    C'mon, we all know that the cards are being rebalanced until a moment when they go to print.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why does bad card exist? Because to make this game to still be interesting in the long run. If Wulven started to make a expansion with only good cards in it, then some time later on to make people still interested in the game, they have to print even better cards than the last set and then the earlier expansions will fade more and more and the "small cardpool" will be all over again with better cards. Everyone is going to use the newest expansion which will probably only have like 200 cards . It leaves the older expansions useless. If they instead just printed good cards of the same level all the time, the game will get stale at some point.

There is also casual or brewers that like to build fun decks out of unusual cards. IMO trying to make "bad" cards decks to work is pretty fun for someone like me even if it won't at competitive game. Bad cards makes creativity!
    Last edited by FlyingFerrari; 11-06-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    "Bad" cards is all in one's view. I use to think bazaar sucks cuz who would want to give their opponent that much cards. I use to think Logan sucks. Well he still is. But if you compare cards to other cards the stronger cards become good and well weak cards become bad. Now if next expansion is released like infernus we assume infernus was strong because compared to old cards it is better. But when brutal Minotaur came out we thought it was OP as well. But now it's nothing.

All I'm saying is beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Is this your first TCG? This type of thing exists in all of them.

We will always have cards considered "bad" that may become "good" once the right cards come out and vise-versa.

There will also be "good" and "bad" cards based upon the Meta and speed of the game.

For example, Sever Ties is considered "good" as it a good Tech against an Amber and Wulven heavy Meta, which this game tends to do, as it hurts a lot of their main firepower.

Comparing it to say Change of Fortune, which is considered "bad", as barring say Portal or Full Moon, there are not many supports you worry about. However if the Meta suddenly shifts to one where there is an emphasis on Support Abilities for main firepower, then it might see some play as a Tech to counter them.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Would be great if we modify useless cards to increase virtually existing card...

There was actually a period of "rebalancing" in shadow era where many of the cards were extensively reworked to make them more balanced. Though it seems that some cards escaped attention. Campfire stories and elementalis remained unchanged (despite the latter being one of the weakest heroes at the time), though looking at the tourney state today (where elementalis is actually a force to be reckoned with), I wonder if the designers simply knew more than they were letting on.

Likewise, some cards, once considered worthless, suddenly became useful again when newer cards were released and let to new synergies.

That said, at worse, simply don't use the cards? You can always buy the cards you want individually (just like in real life), so you would never be stuck with dud cards you don't want or need.