Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: shadow help

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

shadow help

So I just got started and decided I like all the shadow heroes better than the human. Unfortunately from what I have seen is human decks seem to almost always run an advantage. Am I missing something or is the game just tilted to one side?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    the game is actually really balanced, there are pros and cons to each faction. if you were to post your hero and full deck in strategy section of the forums maybe you could possibly get some help or insight on why your having trouble? There are lots of really good minds on here that wouldnt mind helping im sure.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hello and welcome to the forums and like Evolving said, you can get a lot of advice from other players. Just post your deck and we will help you out.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    been trying a couple decks...mainly ones ive found online in forum to get a start before i can afford to make my own.

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....nter-Evolution for bb...the main one i play...i started ms...but it just never wins

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....wn-Moonstalker for the ally stalker

I never even feel like a have a chance from the start...out of all 3 decks its an uphil battle from the start...mainly vs humans but since 90% of the shadows i play against are mej and ele's its not a great comparison. IDK i don't expect t win every game or be perfect I just started, but i never expected to feel like Iv'e lost 90% of the time form the first 2-3 turns. uphill battles for the loss

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ter-Control%29 for gb it wouldn't let me put all n one post

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's possible that you just need practice. Not many newcomers can pick up a deck and instinctively know how to play it; when to sac vs. when not to sac, what to sac, knowing the right time to play a specific card, how to play the deck against each hero, etc. Practice makes perfect, after all. Play to your hero's strengths, whether that's Banebow's early-game carnage, Moonstalker's ability to set up an army right under your opponent's nose, or Gravebone's ability to bring tough-to-kill allies back over and over again.

As for Shadow vs. Human, it's more complicated than that. I tend to think of it more on a Race+Class basis; sure, half the game and most allies are race-specific, and sometimes one race is just better than the other (like Boris and Amber generally being considered better than their Shadow counterparts), but a lot of the important cards are also class-specific, like Fireball, Tidal Wave, Dragon's Tooth, etc. It could also be further split up on a by-hero basis: for example, Gwen and Baduruu are both Hunters with heavy reliance on bows, but they both have very different playstyles. I could go on, but you get the idea.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    been playing the bb more since its my favorite...gb is a close 2nd though...had some better luck today...i think i just need more cards to fine tune and get better luck overall...its amazing how much better games go when all your control and draw cards aren't at the bottom of you deck. Thanks for the comments though...I think a question like this in almost any other gaming community would have been met with rage instead of productive insight and criticism.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    though I'm not going to lie...I do foten feel like I just have the worst luck in this game. I seems a little unnatural

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jcbow View Post
    been playing the bb more since its my favorite...gb is a close 2nd though...had some better luck today...i think i just need more cards to fine tune and get better luck overall...its amazing how much better games go when all your control and draw cards aren't at the bottom of you deck. Thanks for the comments though...I think a question like this in almost any other gaming community would have been met with rage instead of productive insight and criticism.
    This is why I like shadow era
    I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
    Enlightened Technological Creature
    A Proud Member of ETC
    My 10 step guide to deck building
    My published 1.6 decks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hello again, Honestly i took a look at the gravebone link, i think you feel like its an uphill battle because imho with that deck it would be. Just from personal experience i believe 3 card cost allies are the most important. That deck has very few allies and what allies it does have are mostly higher cost allies If you would take a look at Preybird's Deck List he has some really good and effective decks, i like his reasoning and explanations. And remember decks are always changable to suit your play style. Here is a link to preybirds decks scroll down to the Dark Prophecies decks and check them out.
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....-s-Deck-Thread