Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Need help with portal majiya deck

I'm a fairly new player and was wanting some advice or help with my portal deck. Here are the cards I currently have in it.

Allies

3x Death Mage Thaddeus
    4x Shadow Knight
    4x Ironhide Karash
    3x Morbid Accolyte
    3x Death Collector
    2x Furrion Terrior
    2x Scourge Colossus

Draw

3x Tome of Knowledge
    2x Sacrificial Lamb

Abilities

3x Fireball
    4x Lightning Strike
    4x Portal

Item Destruction

2x Shriek of Vengence

I'm having problems getting the deck back to 40 cards. I've had to cut down some on my cards (like my fatty allies) to try and get my deck to about 40 cards. One problem is turn two. I either have a tome or a karash or get stuck sacking for turn two. I like both Furrion Terror and Scourge Colossus for their abilities. The first to control weenie rushes and the second for item destruction. Should I play both in the deck or decide to just run one? The DMT's work good with my heroes ability. The death collector work to reorder my grave yard or screw my opponents graveyard up. The MA work great because of his ability is very useful. The shadow knights are awesome to return an ally to my hand.

The two types of decks I struggle with are heavy weapon decks and solo (or nearly solo) hero decks. I don't get any card draw when I facing solo decks. Gwen decks are almost an automatic lose for me. Also elemental decks are really hard with there Mind Control cards. Braxnorian Soilder slows my deck down with his ability. Also, Paladin of Unaxio and Sacred Fire Walker give me fits because they neutralize my fire damage in my deck and from my hero.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any and all advice. Also, thanks to all the experience people that have posted strategies and decks on here. I've learned a lot just reading everything.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    4 tombs. And portal is one of the few decks where belladona actually shine . Just imo

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ^^...this!

...imagine t6, u already have Portal and Tome out, u play Bella, activate Maii's ability and Tome and u've just drawn 3 cards + u dropped down a threat that has to be dealt with. next turn play SK, bring Bella back....LoL...and watch your oponent break a sweat ))))
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    -2 shriek
    -2 furrion
    +3 belladonna
    "Sin prisa pero sin pausa"

Ranked in Season 8 Top 100

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I will +1 lamb, +1 tome, -1 colossus, -1 FT.
    Besides, still prefer Gargoyle over Death Collector.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Index View Post
    I will +1 lamb, +1 tome, -1 colossus, -1 FT.
    Besides, still prefer Gargoyle over Death Collector.
    Can I ask why? Gargoyles to me seem more as defensive ally and Death Collector seems more offensive. Also I like Death Collectors ability to pump up his attack/defense and reorder my grave yard. I noticed that Gargoyles helped me facing a deck running evil anscendant.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kraken View Post
    Can I ask why? Gargoyles to me seem more as defensive ally and Death Collector seems more offensive. Also I like Death Collectors ability to pump up his attack/defense and reorder my grave yard. I noticed that Gargoyles helped me facing a deck running evil anscendant.
    mostly because gargoyle is more likely to survive t3 when you are going second.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kraken View Post
    I'm a fairly new player and was wanting some advice or help with my portal deck. Here are the cards I currently have in it.

Allies

3x Death Mage Thaddeus
    4x Shadow Knight
    4x Ironhide Karash
    3x Morbid Accolyte
    3x Death Collector
    2x Furrion Terrior
    2x Scourge Colossus

Draw

3x Tome of Knowledge
    2x Sacrificial Lamb

Abilities

3x Fireball
    4x Lightning Strike
    4x Portal

Item Destruction

2x Shriek of Vengence

I'm having problems getting the deck back to 40 cards. I've had to cut down some on my cards (like my fatty allies) to try and get my deck to about 40 cards. One problem is turn two. I either have a tome or a karash or get stuck sacking for turn two. I like both Furrion Terror and Scourge Colossus for their abilities. The first to control weenie rushes and the second for item destruction. Should I play both in the deck or decide to just run one? The DMT's work good with my heroes ability. The death collector work to reorder my grave yard or screw my opponents graveyard up. The MA work great because of his ability is very useful. The shadow knights are awesome to return an ally to my hand.

The two types of decks I struggle with are heavy weapon decks and solo (or nearly solo) hero decks. I don't get any card draw when I facing solo decks. Gwen decks are almost an automatic lose for me. Also elemental decks are really hard with there Mind Control cards. Braxnorian Soilder slows my deck down with his ability. Also, Paladin of Unaxio and Sacred Fire Walker give me fits because they neutralize my fire damage in my deck and from my hero.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any and all advice. Also, thanks to all the experience people that have posted strategies and decks on here. I've learned a lot just reading everything.

hehehe a new player and u have a SC
    i am playing for 1 year and a half

...... and cant even get one

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Francio View Post
    -2 shriek
    -2 furrion
    +3 belladonna
    i agree its the really only deck when belladona is goood ( but still prefer SK ) but not taking out the 2 shrieks for it ...

no shriek + no LLN + no acid jet .... = TROUBLES