Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    That's just one example. Overall the AI just isn't very good at the moment, that's all.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gravebone, in its description, is only able to get back the LAST friendly ally killed. So it's not a glitch.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ThorFolklore View Post
    How are Wulvens vulnerable to it? Haven't thought of it myself yet.
    They're vulnerable in the way you mentioned, lack of counters. Wulvens don't have any way to deal directly with Erika +Warrior Training. You can Capture Prey her and she's neutralized but that doesn't help you win the game if you and your allies can't attack. That leaves Rabid Bite to try and have some other ally kill Erika.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Golgari View Post
    Gravebone, in its description, is only able to get back the LAST friendly ally killed. So it's not a glitch.
    Yeah, I understand its card description. However, I'm talking about its lack of finesse in using its ability. For instance, if it has a Fire Snake and a Belladonna on the board and it's already the mid to late game stages, it wouldn't make sense to keep bringing back the FS since it'll just get creamed the moment it hits the board again. Based on this logic, it should just wait until I kill the Belladonna before activating its ability. Now, if Gravebone chooses to revive Fire Snake due to a lack of allies on the board or even because it has a spammable amount of shadow counters, this is understandable but even if its down to its last 2-4 counters, it'll just waste them in reviving the FS rather than wait for me to kill Belladonna. Then, when I finally kill Belladonna or some other more powerful ally, it won't be able to revive them. I'm just unsure if this seemingly bad usage of Gravebone's ability is buggy behaviour, that's all. Thought I'd highlight this matter.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @AnAdolt: But Rabid Bite's effect doesn't grant other allies the ability to attack Erika, does it? Sure, anyone else but Erika, right? I mean, it doesn't say "This card's effect bypasses 'Stealth'".
    Last edited by ThorFolklore; 04-09-2011 at 08:07 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    OK, here's another question about the gameplay rulings. If I have an Aeon on the field and I cast a Valiant Defender, then my hero and allies would be invulnerable for 2 turns to physical attacks, amirite? I would try this myself, but I have not enough gold to purchase some VDs now.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThorFolklore View Post
    OK, here's another question about the gameplay rulings. If I have an Aeon on the field and I cast a Valiant Defender, then my hero and allies would be invulnerable for 2 turns to physical attacks, amirite? I would try this myself, but I have not enough gold to purchase some VDs now.
    Yes, you are correct. If a valiant defender and aeon is on the board, all allies and hero of the player would be unable to be physically targeted for attack.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @ThorFolklore Rabid Bite, I believe still bypasses attack restrictions like Erika and Protector status. This was the case in v1.23 and I don't recall seeing mention a change to this so it should still be the case.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    @ThorFolklore Rabid Bite, I believe still bypasses attack restrictions like Erika and Protector status. This was the case in v1.23 and I don't recall seeing mention a change to this so it should still be the case.
    Yes, well actually that's my main niggle with this otherwise excellent game - Game ruling inconsistencies. Shouldn't the card descriptions and their effects be standardised or carefully reworded to avoid ambiguity in cases like these? It can be frustrating for new players to learn about such small inconsistencies. I realise that this game is still in its infancy so there's a lot of room for improvement but has anyone made mention of this matter to Kyle?
    Last edited by ThorFolklore; 04-09-2011 at 08:00 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    He takes the most recently dead ally from the graveyard and puts it in his hand. He doesn't choose.