Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThorFolklore View Post
    What's with everyone hating on Special Delivery though? Is there a glitch when playing it or a general flaw with it in the metagame that I've yet to come across?
    Mostly it just costs too much, there are much better things you could do with 4 resources, eg: you could play sandra, jasmine, aldon, 2 crippling blows, etc, or if playing shadow: transference, bad wolf, gargoyle, HBM, chimera, etc. And these are just examples off the top of my head. There are a lot more better possibilities then playing a card which does three damage to an enemy of your choice.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i have special delivery in my warrior deck because of some surprise effect for mages and elementals. but i do agree it is not really necessary. but it's fun when mages cast supernovas and then get several deliveries in the face.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Right. OK, I get what you all mean now. I've taken out all my Special Deliveries, armour and weapon, and replaced them with an extra Aeon, an extra Blood Frenzy and a Rampage (I had already bought the card when I read your comments). Next on my list of to-go cards are Rampage and Enrage then. Should I bother with a couple of Valiant Defenders? My allies do not get their attacks boosted at all so they need to have some staying power if I'm to inflict some major damage. My deck's at 33 cards now. I guess if I sell off the Rampage and Enrage it'll be good. Should I trim another card to get 30 cards?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Right. OK, I get what you all mean now. I've taken out all my Special Deliveries, armour and weapon, and replaced them with an extra Aeon, an extra Blood Frenzy and a Rampage (I had already bought the card when I read your comments). Next on my list of to-go cards are Rampage and Enrage then. Should I bother with a couple of Valiant Defenders? My allies do not get their attacks boosted at all so they need to have some staying power if I'm to inflict some major damage. My deck's at 33 cards now. I guess if I sell off the Rampage and Enrage it'll be good. Should I trim another card to get 30 cards?
    Aim for 30 cards in your deck for sure. Running one Enrage in a deck with blood frenzy is never a bad idea, I wouldn't cut it all together. Also, Valiant Defender is a great card, I would add a few of them in if possible (especially since you have some Aeon's in there)
    in game: DT
    A1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I wish when the game states something like "Your allies cannot be attacked for 2 turns", they actually encompass all types of attacks, and not just physical. Still, I suppose it adds a different dimension to gameplay. I learnt how to interpret this particular ruling at my cost. Anyway, here's my deck now, how is it?

1x Boris
    1x Raven
    2x Aeon
    3x Blake
    3x Puwen
    4x Sandra
    1x Enrage
    2x Blood Frenzy
    2x Smashing Blow
    4x Crushing Blow
    4x Shield Bash
    4x Retreat!

Total: 31 cards

I was thinking of dipping to 30 but that would mean removing Enrage and I'm just not ready to part with it yet. It has served me well. Just today, it saved me from the VERGE of death against a mage burn deck. I had 1HP left when I used it. Completely turned the game around for me. Can't remember if I won or lost that match or maybe I just got dc-ed right after that...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I wish when the game states something like "Your allies cannot be attacked for 2 turns", they actually encompass all types of attacks, and not just physical. Still, I suppose it adds a different dimension to gameplay. I learnt how to interpret this particular ruling at my cost. Anyway, here's my deck now, how is it?

1x Boris
    1x Raven
    2x Aeon
    3x Blake
    3x Puwen
    4x Sandra
    1x Enrage
    2x Blood Frenzy
    2x Smashing Blow
    4x Crushing Blow
    4x Shield Bash
    4x Retreat!

I was thinking of dipping to 30 but that would mean removing Enrage and I'm just not ready to part with it yet. It has served me well. Just today, it saved me from the VERGE of death against a mage burn deck. I had 1HP left when I used it. Completely turned the game around for me. Can't remember if I won or lost that match or maybe I just got dc-ed right after that...
    I'd say it looks pretty great, but you definitely want 2 more Blood Frenzy in there since it's such an excellent card. Since you need to take out 3 cards, you could get rid of retreat and add 1 more ally, or the cards could come out of Crushing Blow and Shield Bash and Sandra (one of each of the first two, 2 of Sandra) and you could add another Aeon or Blake. Alternatively, you could do both of the things I mentioned and add in 3-4 Valiant Defenders. While they might not seem great (since your allies still can take damage from things other than attacks) if you time it right it can really swing the tempo of a game in your favor and get you some solid allies on the board, even if the opponent has too much stuff out for you to normally put anything down. Generally I play a Valiant Defender if I have 2 resources left at the end of a turn and since it lasts 2 turns you can play a fragile ally the next turn and it will generally still be safe. It's up to you though, if you're having a good record with this deck then by all means use it.
    in game: DT
    A1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

1x Boris
    1x Raven
    2x Aeon
    3x Blake
    3x Puwen
    4x Sandra
    1x Enrage
    2x Blood Frenzy
    2x Smashing Blow
    4x Crushing Blow
    4x Shield Bash
    4x Retreat!

Aldon is arguably the best card Humans have. You want 4. -3 Puwen, -1 Raven, -4 Retreat into +1 Blake, +4 Aldon, +3 Jasmine.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I really don't think you need enrage. Sure, it might save you if you're in a dire situation, but often the card space could be used for a card which may stop you from getting in a dire situation in the first place. So get rid of enrage. Add a Blake, remove puwen, add 3 valiant, add 4 jasmine, add 3/4 aldon, remove shield bash and retreat. You can make a few tweaks from there.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram99 View Post
    I really don't think you need enrage. Sure, it might save you if you're in a dire situation, but often the card space could be used for a card which may stop you from getting in a dire situation in the first place. So get rid of enrage. Add a Blake, remove puwen, add 3 valiant, add 4 jasmine, add 3/4 aldon, remove shield bash and retreat. You can make a few tweaks from there.
    I've slightly tweaked my deck. Removed 1 puwen and added 1 blake. As for the rest, I simply have not enough gold for them yet. They're gonna take a while to complete. I'm removing all my shield bash and the remaining 2 puwen for other human allies though. Enrage stays for now till I find a replacement card for it. And retreat and crippling blow will stay too. My personal favourite card in this deck is retreat. Great to chain multiple sandras for up to 8 resource destruction (cheap tactic, I know), but I can also stop my allies from being crippling blow-ed or delay the opponents from summoning monsters, which helps a lot during the early game. Used this move a few times against ally-based decks that tried to swarm me and it worked marvelously. Can even stall for many turns until I draw a blood frenzy.

BTW, I've realised from my little experience with this game that a lot of people play bazaar in their decks, even if theirs are not 70-card decks. Made me remove my own, heh. Also, rain delay. It just isn't a good option, correct? A 2 drop that stalls for a turn, in which you hope to draw a vital card. Meh.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Also, rain delay. It just isn't a good option, correct? A 2 drop that stalls for a turn, in which you hope to draw a vital card. Meh.
    Well, yes, it is generally a crap card but mage burn/stall decks sometimes play it.