Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Question Some tips would be appreciated...

Hey, guys,

I just started playing this fantastic game yesterday so naturally, I'm still a newb. Not to mention picking Amber Rain as my starter (purely due to her awesome card art) and then realising the hard way that Boris would be better as a starter since I don't get any hero weapons in my starting deck. So, now, I've constructed a Boris deck, casting Amber Rain at the side for the moment but fully intending to come back to using her when I've gotten enough gold / crystals for a better deck. I've just hit level 6 and boy, does it take long to level up! =.= Tips for improving this here deck (along with some ideas for an Amber Rain one) would be much appreciated.

1x Boris Skullcrusher
    4x Sandra Trueblade
    4x Puwen Bloodhelm
    4x Blake Windrunner
    1x Aeon Stormcaller (Took me a whole day's worth of playing to get this bastard and I need more! >.<)
    2x Smashing Blow
    1x Enrage
    4x Crippling Blow
    4x Shield Bash
    1x Blood Frenzy
    4x Retreat!
    4x Special Delivery
    1x Bad Santa
    1x Snow Sapphire
    1x Berserker's Edge

Total cards: 37

I've actually won at least 2/3 of games when playing with fellow newbs with this day-old deck. Must be because I was taught to believe in the "heart of the cards" by everyone's favourite "duellist". LOL.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Heart is all that matters. Also removing the armour, weapons and special delivery, but mostly heart.
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd say take put Retreat, Special Delivery, Bad Santa, Armor and Weapon. When you get some more gold, take put puwen and add some Aldon and Aeon. Then again, might just need a little more heart.
    in game: DT
    A1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Right, they're gonna take a while. I'm interested in getting more Aeons for now. Need more allies with staying power especially when playing against those wretched Plasma Behemoths. I only have 200G ATM. Waddaya mean by "heart" though? Sorry, still finding my way around this game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    BTW, I'm planning to include a Rampage in my deck to offset the cost of Blood Frenzy. One Enrage is too little.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    ADD BLOOD FRENZY. It's crucial for all warrior decks. So that brings the card count to 40, we want it to be 30. Now to get rid of ten cards. Take out berserker's edge(that would actually be great on amber but not so much Boris.) and snow sapphire. Now get rid of special delivery and retreat. Sell those cards, you should get 800 gold(worked it out.). Now get some good cards like jasmine rosecult, another aeon and some aldon. I'll make a list on the cards you need to get rid of: enrage, puwen, shield bash and bad santa. Sell those, use the gold to get more of the allies aforementioned to create a 30 card deck. Or you can spend two dollars to get 220 shadow crystals and use the crystals to buy pre made decks. Sell them and you'll get mountains of gold. Then use it all on the cards recommended above. Or you can follow this link http://http://www.shadowera.com/show...new-Boris-deck
    and forget all I told you. 'Facepalm'

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ThorFolklore View Post
    BTW, I'm planning to include a Rampage in my deck to offset the cost of Blood Frenzy. One Enrage is too little.
    Dont bother with rampage, and yeah definitely add more blood frenzy, didn't notice youve only got one in there right now
    in game: DT
    A1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Reshiram99: Thanks, and for now, I intend to take your advice with blood frenzy, Aeon the armour and the weapon. Thinking of adding Rampage, some Erikas, Ravens and Jasmines. Aldon I'm not so big on, unless I decide to play with War Banner and The King's Pride. Also considering some Valiant Defenders and a Mournblade. The Berserker's Edge I think I'll save it for my future Amber Rain deck (when I get bored of Boris).

What's with everyone hating on Special Delivery though? Is there a glitch when playing it or a general flaw with it in the metagame that I've yet to come across? Will post back with an updated deck list when my final exams are over (boo hoo!). Thanks again!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Devers: Why not Rampage? I could just swap it with an Enrage?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThorFolklore View Post
    @Devers: Why not Rampage? I could just swap it with an Enrage?
    Enrage isn't really a bad card and all, but it really isn't match-winning stuff. Count how many times it saves you in matches; chances are it'll only save you about 1 out of 20 matches. There are better things you could do with the extra card space, such as extra aeon, aldon, raven, jasmine,etc., and you should aim for 30 cards, so the extra card space really counts. Rampage is kinda like enrage, it's just not good enough to merit a card space.