Close

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfCroft View Post
    Hopefully humans will get a better option to deal with FT as well. Also I wonder if Frostmare works like Wild Berzerker where u have to be 2 allies behind on board to get the 0 Res effect?
    For the sake of clarity:

Frostmare is affecting its own summoning cost, which must be paid before it hits the board. If opponent has Kris and you have nothing, then Frostmare will cost -2. If opponent has 2 allies and you have 1, he will also cost -2.

Wild Berserker gets his haste after he's on the field, so he counts towards number of allies, so opponent would need one more than you on the field for him to have his haste.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    For the sake of clarity:

Frostmare is affecting its own summoning cost, which must be paid before it hits the board. If opponent has Kris and you have nothing, then Frostmare will cost -2. If opponent has 2 allies and you have 1, he will also cost -2.

Wild Berserker gets his haste after he's on the field, so he counts towards number of allies, so opponent would need one more than you on the field for him to have his haste.
    I see the difference now. Thanks for the clarification.
    Leader of Rising Sun
    Learn, Improve, Succeed

Relevant RS Links:
    About Us|Trophy Room
    Card Gallery|How to Apply

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    a 6/6 steadfast ally (who attacks at 7 due to buffing himself) seems a little too strong.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Mann View Post
    a 6/6 steadfast ally (who attacks at 7 due to buffing himself) seems a little too strong.
    So does a 1/2 1cc ally...
    No animals were harmed in the making of this sig... I tried, but that damn monkey was way too fast.

IGN: Disturbed Animal

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Mann View Post
    He's big and bad to be sure and i'm sure shadow "portal" mages will love him (especially with fireball). I don't know if humans will have equally strong allies or counters or if new ally removal will be introduced. Still early to tell how much of an impact he will have.
    IGN: Darrkloki

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Somehow by looking at these shown heroes and on Infernus I got the feeling that this set will be much stronger than cotc or dp...This is what I saw in a lot other tcgs/ccgs where the new set is always stronger than the set before...hope this is just an feeling and wulven won't do this in shattered fates

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, I don't know. Infernus looks really strong. Like really strong. He makes Oggy almost worthless. Why doesn't he have some negative when attacked by freezing? *Sniff* I feel so bad for Keldor. It's like the devs want to make bigger and better allies pushing him further into obscurity. *Sniff*

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    While I would agree that its not a good idea to make new cards powerful enough to make the older ones obsolete, I dont think that we should ignore the fact that it is impossible to improve the game without beefing things up a bit. Over time, older cards will be used less and less and eventually not at all.

Though, lets have faith in the design team and the PFG's ability to make the right call when it comes to these things. Im sure that no one cares about preserving the usefulness of the older cards more than them, so lets just wait until we've played with the entire set before making OP/UP judgements
    Last edited by Kross; 10-29-2013 at 04:08 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kross View Post
    While I would agree that its not a good idea to make new cards powerful enough to make the older ones obsolete, I dont think that we should ignore the fact that it is impossible to improve the game without beefing things up a bit. Over time, older cards will be used less and less and eventually not at all.

Though, lets have faith in the design team and the PFG's ability to make the right call when it comes to these things. Im sure that no one cares about preserving the usefulness of the older cards more than them, so lets just wait until we've played with the entire set before making OP/UP judgements
    Indeed! Also keep in mind guys that if any of the spoiled cards are deemed of a change they are subjected to it. If Infernus (for example) proves to be too strong in testing, he can be changed.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Irell View Post
    Somehow by looking at these shown heroes and on Infernus I got the feeling that this set will be much stronger than cotc or dp...This is what I saw in a lot other tcgs/ccgs where the new set is always stronger than the set before...hope this is just an feeling and wulven won't do this in shattered fates
    This is why PFG exists

To test and help in the balance that is so special in SE