Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Cool Eldwen ally-less deck.

Hi all. Here is my eladwen ally-less deck. Waiting your opinions.

http://www.shadoweratools.com/deckBuilder/View/se006##$sets-CotC-DP$cards-se071.4-se073.4-se074.4-se075.4-se078.4-se079.4-se132.4-se139.3-ex045.4-se076.4
    Last edited by BadMoon; 10-28-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    4x Poison Gas and 4x Engulfing Flames is definitely too much. also, you haven't got enough draw.
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I am using them for sacrifice and only on the heros.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BadMoon View Post
    I am using them for sacrifice and only on the heros.
    ...that's a kind of approach you should avoid - really, whenever you look at a card and think "hmm, this is a good resource" - get rid of it immediately. if a card doesn't help your play in any other way then providing a resource, its not worth its spot in your deck

next...the only heroes that can eventually recover from Flames/Gas are Priests (Healing Touch) and Wulves (Regeneration), so even in case you were only facing them, you still dont want to be running more than 2x of each - by running 4x of each you've literally wasted 4 and in most cases 6 cards from your deck, cards that will almost always become dead draw and end up in resource pile. 4-6 card slots that could be used on cards that can actually win you/help you win the game.

yes, you have got 4x of each Burn spells there are for mages, but lets face it - if you encounter a good Aggro deck, you don't stand a chance, since you'll have to cast the burn spells on opposing allies, otherwise you simply won't survive long enough to see your Poison Gas and Engulfing Flames killing your opponent.

...if i were you, i'd probably reduce those Flames/Gas to 1x of each, but play 2x if you insist, just not more. instead of those add some cards for your own protection, like Snow Saphire and/or Voice of Winter - those can both stall the game, which is obviously your target (if its not, it should be)) - cards like these two i just mentioned buy you time, time needed for Flames and Gas to slowly chip away your opponents HP so that you can finish them with burn

if you feel you have enough draw, thats okay, but i would personally add at least 2x Bad Santa. helps 'fishing' for those needed cards
    Last edited by 4Ak; 10-31-2013 at 12:32 PM.

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Ak View Post
    next...the only heroes that can eventually recover from Flames/Gas are Priests (Healing Touch) and Wulves (Regeneration)
    All human heroes can recover from that (Paladin of Unaxio) or (Rejuvenating Ritual)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Changó View Post
    All human heroes can recover from that (Paladin of Unaxio) or (Rejuvenating Ritual)
    ...whoopsie - my bad! i take that back then. still, even with the above said i dont think 4xFlames/Gas can be justified in any mage deck

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Ak View Post
    ...whoopsie - my bad! i take that back then. still, even with the above said i dont think 4xFlames/Gas can be justified in any mage deck
    Even with the predicted by me, i don't think 1x Flames/Gas can be justified in any mage deck

As oponnent i like all Gas/Flames on my, its a helpful waste of my opponennts turn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

My little touch

I changed the less I could, in manner to make your deck more like I think that it will work a little bit better. That is not my deck.
    But about Eldwen creature-less descks, and keeping to he facts. My deck with creatures, placed me (I'm a bad player) around 200 ranking with no creatures until now I lose most of the games, and can´t go up 150. I don´t believe (yet) that eladwen is made to be a loner (but I'm trying)

Eladwen Frostmire
    3x Artful Squire
    4x Consuming Fear
    2x Tainted Oracle
    4x Fireball
    3x Poison Gas
    4x Lightning Strike
    3x Engulfing Flames
    4x Tome of Knowledge
    2x Supernova
    2x Retreat!
    2x Ley Line Nexus
    4x Dome of Energy

http://www.shadoweratools.com/deckBuilder/Edit/se006##$sets-CotC-DP$cards-se071.4-se074.4-ex045.4-se038.2-ex004.3-se073.3-se075.3-se078.2-se160.2-se132.2-se172.4-se076.4-se189.2

There is always someting you can destroy with a squire, but if you don't have, it alway a good element of surprise when it reaches the table,
    4 supernovas will kill you faster than your opponent, 3 is far too much.
    2 tainted oracles will distract opponent allies, and grant you some cards
    Arcane Burst, is somewhat useless, better Wrath of Summer and Dome of Energy

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by desolationsailor View Post
    ....4 supernovas will kill you faster than your opponent, 3 is far too much....
    ....mages aren't running 4x Nova in order to cast them all, but to make sure you always have 1 when u need it ))) 3 might do just fine though

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Removing the allies

4Ak, I trust the power of 2

Bad Moon: Since the 3x Artful Squire and the 2x Tainted Oracle, are creatures, you might want to replace them with 2x Staff of Disintegration + 2x Bad Santa + 2x Sever Ties (then you remove one card of your choice).

Your deck of 40 card Creature-less, in my version:

4x Consuming Fear
    2x Staff of Disintegration
    4x Fireball
    3x Poison Gas
    4x Lightning Strike
    3x Engulfing Flames
    4x Tome of Knowledge
    2x Supernova
    2x Retreat!
    2x Sever Ties
    1x Bad Santa
    2x Ley Line Nexus
    4x Dome of Energy
    2x Wrath of Summer

http://www.shadoweratools.com/deckBuilder/Edit/se006##$sets-CotC-DP$cards-se071.4-se074.4-ex045.4-se073.3-se075.3-se078.2-se132.2-se172.4-se076.4-se189.2-ex142.2-se156.2-se160.2-se157.1

PS: I added 3x Consuming Fear to my deck and my ranking boosted (now playing at 2010