Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

1.25 Boris All-In

Lets run the decklist out first then explain the choices.

1 x Boris

4 x Puwen
    4 x Blake

3 x Aldon
    4 x Jasmine

3 x War Banner
    2 x Valiant Defender
    4 x Blood Frenzy
    2 x Smashing Blow
    4 x Retreat

30 card deck + 1 Hero

The most important change here is the curve. The deck no longer aims to "curve" into Sandra, Sandra, Aeon. The goal is to swarm the opponent and maul him with better weenies.

With the health reduction on blake, puwen is now the superior 2 drop of choice when playing against shadow AND going second. Or if you went first they have a snake/spark. Having a 2 drop that is not a free kill is really really important.

The next change is no crippling blow, I feel that running such an aggressive and fast deck, retreat is better than crippling blow.

Think about this, if you went second, you could just retreat a blake on your turn 2. If they played blake then both Aldon and Jasmine fights them straight up. If they play a 3 drop then you could play your's too and hope they bounce. It is also much much better against Aeon.

The lack of Aeons is a decision many will question, I'm still testing it w/o him, but I have not missed him till now, I will test more after the patch goes live. But as of now, the deck is consistent enough(and fast enough) to beat through most other decks.

The cheap average cost also aid with getting a much faster blood frenzy while apllying pressure. Turn 2 Blake -> Turn 3 Aldon ->Turn 4 Retreat+ Blood Frenzy is arguably more powerful than sandra, especially Boris can kill their NEXT drop as well.

Not to mention, people will still try to run Sandras for a while after the patch, and for a deck that can deliberately hold resources in hand so their sandras become generic 2/3s is actually advantageous.

Problems -
    Nishaven: With supernova, I feel it is unbeatable. Seriously. But no one has found a good version yet........
    Victor: Counterstriking is painful for blake, but everything else should be able to get in for 2 hits. So its still ok.
    Priests: No kidding, Tidal wave is crazy. And if you neglect rowing resources they can nail you with plagues. The guy gets rid of your card advantage engine, while the lady just heals of most of the damage after Tidal Wave. Obviously there are no such decks yet, but I can sort of foresee them being a problem.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by doomdg View Post
    Priests: No kidding, Tidal wave is crazy. And if you neglect rowing resources they can nail you with plagues. The guy gets rid of your card advantage engine, while the lady just heals of most of the damage after Tidal Wave. Obviously there are no such decks yet, but I can sort of foresee them being a problem.
    *looks at my newly created Priest decks* You want to test against Priests?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I quite like this deck. I think it might be better than the standard Boris in 1.24 too, since it's much better against Zaladar. Though it might suffer in the mirror going second and getting Sadra'd.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is basically the same deck I run in 1.24. I don't run Sandra in Boris already.

Only real difference is that I run Aeon/Raven instead of War Banner and a slightly different mix of the same support cards.
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club