Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

item/burn heavy decks

Playing as a majiya portal deck, how do you deal with them? Our deck seems more midrange with early removal and then later game fat creature beatdown, but against weapons, armour or just pure burn it doesn't seem to me like we can just beat them conventionally by trying to throw a fat five drop at them every turn, evens with portal I have a rough time racing. Also, what do you sac in those match ups ? Fatties? Removal spells?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Depends on which allies you are running. Never sac burn if you cant make up for it with Brutal Minotaur or Ogloth. Build up an early game with cheaper allies and portal the fatties later. Works for me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ...the question is not WHAT to Sac, but HOW to Sac - make sure to look around this forum, there are plenty of articles dedicated to Sacrificing - im sure you'll find a lot of answers there. also, good idea is to find games on youtube, those are usually posted by the Top (or better) players, so you can chcek how deal with saccing.

...as for dealing with item heavy decks, Gargoyle and Karash are good to strat with. as a shadow mage you can also utilize Shriek of Vengeance (your resources will suffer, so don't use this if you are relying on Heavy-hitters), Acid Jet (only good against Weapons/Armors though), Ley Line Nexus (only for 5cc+ items though)...see, there are options. if you have difficulties with any particular hero/item, just post it here and we can try to work something out
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts